💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
news

Gaga's Oscars performance gains critical acclaim from worldwide media!

Fiona Apple

Featured Posts

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Jenniferella

Yes and no.

The thing about her "old stuff" is that she never showcased her classic training much, and people simply had no idea she was even CAPABLE of that. What she did today is let people know she has talent, and that may translate to interest when her new album comes out. While I agree a lot of people will probably shun a strictly pop record, she has already hinted she wants to do something a little more funk/rock and roll next time, so who even knows what journey we're in for.

Basically, it's too early to tell. 

I don't believe "having talent = having a good voice" but okay. I don't like the way Gaga plays it safe since last year just to please more people. Wasn't she the one who said "I want the world to remember how uncomfortable I made people feel" ? I simply don't like the way it's all going on and I just cannot stand the fact that her "little monsters" are coming back for her just because the media likes this new version of hers.

"I have been writing LG5 since I was 13"

Fiona Apple

and the comments in Billboard and HuffingtonPost are incredible, everybody is praisng her

Yea true

Better late than never. I hate how suddenly everyone discovers that she's amazing. 

Well it's good for her career  :pawsup:

Torsoface

:toofunny: A journalist here wrote that her performance was flat and he expected Gaga to rip off her dress and to start the actual performance :air: :air:

Fiona Apple

:toofunny: A journalist here wrote that her performance was flat and he expected Gaga to rip off her dress and to start the actual performance :air: :air:

Some people were born stupid  :shrug:

somnambulist

I don't believe "having talent = having a good voice" but okay. I don't like the way Gaga plays it safe since last year just to please more people. Wasn't she the one who said "I want the world to remember how uncomfortable I made people feel" ? I simply don't like the way it's all going on and I just cannot stand the fact that her "little monsters" are coming back for her just because the media likes this new version of hers.

People change, she is a different person now- she went through a HORRIBLE couple years where everyone was trying to bring her down, she met the love of her life, she met tony, and keep in mind she is classically trained and "Stefani" is where she started, NOT lady gaga, so who is to say she's trying to please more people? Maybe she has found tremendous success and now she just wants to do what she always did- go on the piano and sing her heart out. 

Unfortunately, I don't like the way things are going on. They "all" praise her because she's done something conventional and toned it down to the point where there's no Gaga in what I saw in that performance. 

They will bash her again as soon as she becomes "Gaga" again, bookmark me

I think it is a good thing she wasn't "herself" tonight. She was respectful and sang the songs in the same style of Julie Andrews. Instead of adding her own flair, like many would have done, she honored the original (movie) soundtrack. Imagine if somebody like Christina had sung it, there would be vocal riffs everywhere and it probably wouldn't have been anywhere near as tasteful. 

Archived