💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Still can't believe that Jewels & Drugs is on ARTPOP.

ViviLittleM

Featured Posts

Tropico

I hated it at first, but come to really appreciate it. It is so fun to listen to.

♢ Social Justice Enthusiast ♢

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Jeffrey_This_Way

I only heard it as part of Swine Fest.  Deleted the song from the album.  Try to forget it happened.  lol

Brooklyn Nights is just as mediocre as J&D, but in a dumb girl kind of way. Cringey ass lyrics, the both of them.

I like the U-GO-BOY remix of J&D, though. Helps me get a good pump on my bench press lol

DanMonster

I was like you for a very long time...I couldn't stand the song and couldn't believe that some people including Gaga even liked it. Then I decided I really want to explore ARTPOP more based on what Gaga had been telling us. So I researched trap music and fell in love with it and suddenly when I listened to J&D again I really loved it because I undertood the mentality behind making it. It was creative rebellion at its best and the energy and sound which I once thought was loud and annoying completely made sense in an artRave environment full of trap music because that music is meant to be full on. Not everyone has to like it but if you give it a chance like I did and let it be a rebellious way to get adrenalin pumping through you then you will see why Gaga loved it so much!

XoXoJoanneGaga

Brooklyn Nights is just as mediocre as J&D, but in a dumb girl kind of way. Cringey ass lyrics, the both of them.

I like the U-GO-BOY remix of J&D, though. Helps me get a good pump on my bench press lol

No way, the verses are a little rough but the lyrics during the chorus, bridge, and outro are some of her most mature and bittersweet. I mean, the lyrics are much better than Gypsy with it's Wizard of Oz metaphors, country naming, and "I said honey it's simple it's the way you love and treat your mother"  :rip:

Dorothy Gale

I think Jewels N' Drugs was added after the fall-out with Azealia Banks, it's pretty clear from the video where Gaga says that Azealia has a bad attitude. 

calmar

Well Gaga put a few different types of songs on the album :shrug: That being said, it is one of the ones I skip, along with Dope and Fashion! and Sexxx Dreams and Donatella :yes:

Those are the same three I skip. 

俺の勝利は揺るぎない

No way, the verses are a little rough but the lyrics during the chorus, bridge, and outro are some of her most mature and bittersweet. I mean, the lyrics are much better than Gypsy with it's Wizard of Oz metaphors, country naming, and "I said honey it's simple it's the way you love and treat your mother"  :rip:

to be honest with you, a lot of Gaga songs don't do it for me lyrically. Brooklyn Nights is still one of them. What makes it worse is the vocals and obviously demo-type production. 

XoXoJoanneGaga

to be honest with you, a lot of Gaga songs don't do it for me lyrically. Brooklyn Nights is still one of them. What makes it worse is the vocals and obviously demo-type production. 

Fair enough, one thing Gypsy definitely has over it is polish since it's a finished track. I'm pretty sure if BN was finished and took it's place on the album and Gypsy had leaked in rough form, the majority would dismiss Gypsy as cheesy and unnecessary. 

Archived