She can truly do ANYTHING.

Shocking pop art performance

Jazz standards

Rock classics

Broadway pieces

The most versatile and talented musician of our time! :applause:

The Taylor Brigade: KNOCKOUT

isaacanthony

This is probably going to be one of, if not the, signature performances for her at this point in her career. For now, this is the solidifying performance of her career and here is why;

- No one saw it coming. People guessed new single, people thought hey her documentary song, but no one ever, from what I saw, suggested The Sound of Music

-The Sound of Music is one of the most iconic musicals/movies of all time. She did it justice

-She was overwhelmed by her performance and the reaction to it. This meant something to her that I believe will be central to her as a person and artist

-The vocal range she showed

-The reaction of the attendees and audience

-The significance of this audience

-The fact that it was simple, elegant, and still was in its own right, very gaga and very unexpected

I have loved most Gaga experiences and performances. This one though. I do not think I have ever sat at the edge of a couch, hands on my face, smile, and just enjoyed it in complete and utter AWE. That is what kicks this into overdrive. It was literally awe inspiring. I am so proud of her.

YAS!

AquaFire Witch

A sincere thank you to the Oscars for giving Gaga the platform and opportunity to do this. This performance combined with the jazz album and Tony Bennett has done wonders for her career.

It always gets worst before it gets better but the worst is over with.

2015 is her year!

DiscoHeaven23

On top of all this mega greatness, Anyone else notice that Cheek to Cheek is climbing the iTunes chart? Before the Oscars it was in the 140's and now it's 85! I saw a little bit of a movement for people to buy Applause on iTunes after the show so it will be interesting to see what happens with that, as well as Poker Face which was trending on Twitter.

Bordeciel

Congrat to Gaga that was so awesome :heart:

Speechless, I'm going to watch it again and again.

I seriously can watch this over and over. There is just a magic behind this performance AND THAT is a part of its success.

I can't believe how she sounded! It was so amazing! It was such a proud moment for me to see how far she's come.  :cry:

gagaconvert

I caved in and went to bed before the ceremony properly started and just watched the vid.

HOLY ACTUAL JESUS THAT WAS ****ING INCREDIBLE  :giveup: I got goosebumps the second she started singing! She surpassed even my expectations!! Like, that was SO GOOD OMG I can't even put it into words. Perfection. She can literally sing anything. Unbelievable.  :giveup:

*goes to watch video again*

• Haroon locked this topic

Archived