Die With A Smile Music Video Banner

WATCH : 'One Last Time' - Ariana Grande

Jjang

Featured Posts

blacklistedd

I know that it seems like categorizing Ariana with Demi & Selena is the most rational thing to do, but its really not. They're not in the same vein.

Ariana is a lot more artistically/musically focused & her music is far superior and received better by both critics and the public.

In your opinion One Last Time is bad, you're entitled to yours, of course, but the majority of the world seems to disagree with you, however i agree that its generic. :yes:

For the record, OLT is not a true/good representation of Ari's discography, her debut album was full of personality, charm and her own individual touch, it was hailed to be one of the most enjoyable albums of 2013 & sounds nothing like anything played on the radio, which is refreshing to hear.

with 'My Everything' (her 2nd album) she did play it safe, but i wouldn't label the album as generic as it takes the slightest baby steps risks here and there that might not even be noticable to so many people because its translated to sound like its formated to be a smash (which for the most part, it is).

each single she released was so completely different, while artists like Demi/Selena are releasing pure pop records, Ariana went from dance - pop, R&B --> EDM & Electropop --> PBR&B.

She's building her spot in the music industry, she's not completely there yet, but there's no doubt she will.

At the end of the day, her career is only 1 year long, she's 21. She has a lot of learning and growing to do, i don't think its smart to easily dismiss her, i'm confident she'll prove herself more further on in her career. :yes:

I don't hold my opinion out of ignorance. I've listened to her albums, i've seen her interviews, I've observed her and that was my conclusion. What separates her from Selena and Demi is that she actually has a voice therefore she can do R&B (and imo shes prettier which gives her an edge) HOWEVER I completely disagree that shes that much more artistically or musically focused than they are. I mean as far as all of their musical output goes theyve all made equally cheesy/generic music but all obviously with different twists. Of the 3, like I said, I think Ariana has the most potential so its not like im dismissing her because once again, as I said, they're all still green and have yet to fully flesh out their identity as pop artists. And as for OLT being generic and the majority of the world disagreeing with me, that really means absolutely nothing. The majority of Americans consume absolute crap so Ariana being popular doesn't surprise me and yes im fully aware im being pretentious but pot to the kettle right.

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Flippy

I loved this video, idk wtf you guys are talking about? It's unique, it's fresh, it was well done, it's not the slightest bit generic.

I agree with you! I found it quite great actually! :ohwell: but to each their own

TMBT 3.22.11 // TBTWB 1.17.13 // ArtRAVE 6.3.14 // C2CT 5.28.15 // TJWT 8.13.17 // Chromatica World Tour 9.8.22

I like the concept but  :rip:

Still better than Break Free video though  :coffee:

Credits to the guy on my avi. Love his shirt!!!

SEVDALIZA

Love this song so much, but the video just felt like I was playing a lame first person horror movie with no horror :giveup:

Ay, at least she could partner up with Oculus Rift and re-shoot this and make it interactive, that'd work :emma:

operating from another world

Archived