Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Madonna BANNED from BBC Radio1 for being "irrelevant and old"

Yves

Featured Posts

TimisaMonster

Sooooo....the spokesman said they don't discriminate an artists age yet they haven't played anyone over 40 in 5 years? :thetea:

Sooooo....no J Lo? Mariah Carey? Pharell? Gwen Stefani? :awkney:

Stream my new single, đź’ś"Heartbeat"đź’ś, on Spotify!

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply
bionic

I dont even like Madonna but this seems hilariously, must-be-staged level intentionally ****-stirry.

Even though all of this has came directly from the BBC themselves and similar events have happened to other female artists over a certain age (including some male ones too)?

buy bionic

britneybritney4

Bull****. they play Living For Love on the Top 40 radio here in Ohio. it's better than half the sh*t being played on radio right now.

Psychedelic

Well, its not the radio's fault for not wanting to play a dated, cringeworthy song like LFL.

I can name you at least 10 songs more dated and more cringeworthy than LFL, and they get a lot of airplay.

Scarlet Witch

I can name you at least 10 songs more dated and more cringeworthy than LFL, and they get a lot of airplay.

Well name it then.

monketsharona

This is just a reason given by the fans to justify the song is flopping hard..

Here in France they play it a lot on NRJ (our #1 mainstream radio) and the song is currently #144...

Madonna fans are just deluded (like they claim Madonna is the Queen because she's #1 on Billboard while it's only #1 on dance chart :rip: ).

The song is good but definitely not working as a lead single...

Taylor Monster

Here in France they play it a lot on NRJ (our #1 mainstream radio) and the song is currently #144...

Madonna fans are just deluded (like they claim Madonna is the Queen because she's #1 on Billboard while it's only #1 on dance chart :rip: ).

Madonna is the Queen? Lets see Gaga be relevant when shes Madonna's age...

Exactly.

The song is getting a lot of airplay on US radio, too (currently she's #35), but nobody is buying the song even after The Grammy promo. If she can't crack the Top 200 on iTunes with all that promo, she really needs to reconsider what she's even doing. 

The Taylor Brigade: KNOCKOUT

Exactly.

The song is getting a lot of airplay on US radio, too (currently she's #35), but nobody is buying the song even after The Grammy promo. If she can't crack the Top 200 on iTunes with all that promo, she really needs to reconsider what she's even doing. 

Madonna is Queen not simply for being number 1 in the dance chart, but for everything she achieved on her career and for her longevity. There is no delusion in that. Facts don't lie. She doesn't need to prove anything else. If you don't see that, then you need to educate yourself and stop being delusional.

I am glad one of my faves is putting original material out there after 30 years of being in the business and still being successful. The album is getting rave reviews. Still today, Madonna is in on top of the game.

LORD GAGA

Madonna is Queen not simply for being number 1 in the dance chart, but for everything she achieved on her career and for her longevity. There is no delusion in that. Facts don't lie. She doesn't need to prove anything else. If you don't see that, then you need to educate yourself and stop being delusional.

I am glad one of my faves is putting original material out there after 30 years of being in the business and still being successful. The album is getting rave reviews. Still today, Madonna is in on top of the game.

That's just it though, she's not 'on top' of the game SHES barely even scraping the bottom of it at this level, this is coming from someone who is neither for or against Madonna, it's more than obvious this era so far is a complete mess and hasn't went to plan for her or her team, she is a commercial artist one that wether you like it or not relies on charting to remain successful and relevant, and currently it isn't working, but we'll see maybe things will pick up soon hopefully.

That's just it though, she's not 'on top' of the game SHES barely even scraping the bottom of it at this level, this is coming from someone who is neither for or against Madonna, it's more than obvious this era so far is a complete mess and hasn't went to plan for her or her team, she is a commercial artist one that wether you like it or not relies on charting to remain successful and relevant, and currently it isn't working, but we'll see maybe things will pick up soon hopefully.

I don't think this era is a mess at all. The only negative thing that happened were the leaks and those undoubtedly affected sales. The fact that Living for Love came out in December and the album promotion only started in January/February didn't help. For me, everything else couldn't be better.

The music is amazing. The album is one of her best, both for fans and critics. The promo has been perfect. The video is beautiful. Lots of TV appearances and performances on the way. I am confident the album will do well in terms of sales as well. Living for Love is gradually getting more airplay in the US too. Hopefully, it will pick up soon. The tour will make more money than anyone else, for sure.

So, saying she is 'scrapping the bottom of it' is just hyperbolic and incorrect. But anyway, we all see things differently and have different opinions.

monketsharona

I never said she's not the Queen, her longevity explains why she is the Queen of pop. Though what I said is that Madonna's fans are delusional by saying Living For Love is a hit... No it's absolutely not. I find it just hypocrite that they dare to say itunes / hot100 position and Vevo's views are irrelevant while they used it to bash Gaga / Rihanna / Katy / others when they are underperforming.

You can't say charts are irrelevant just because your artist is flopping, that was my point...

LFL is flopping, ok, I think she must move on to her next single when her album is coming out. Whatever even if she has an horrible era, like you said she has longevity in her career. Good for her. But her fans should let other artists the chance to get this longevity and stop saying 'she's over !' when someone fails with a single or album. Madonna also had her flops (I'm just saying.)

Archived