💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Madonna BANNED from BBC Radio1 for being "irrelevant and old"

Yves

Featured Posts

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm a bit confused. I mean, should radio listeners today not enjoy her music hence not vote for it to play on radio (or however it works in the UK) then I agree not to play it because they won't be meeting customer/listener demand, but to ban her from being played? That's a bit much.

LORD GAGA

This isn't why they 'snubbed' the single... they 'snubbed' it because its bad and lacks momentum compared to what's being played on the radio at the moment, they aren't being nasty about her or anything they just play 'hits' its a commercial radio station.

SychosSoChic

If this happens to Gaga, fine fair is fair tbh. 

But I seriously hope that in 10 years I'll have more things to worry about than Gaga and her not being played on a UK radio station  :smh:

Life ain't Hollywood for any one of us.

monsterdreams

Teens don't listen to radio 1, I should know

Haters gonna need more than a flashlight for my shade

The thing is: she keeps trying to make music for teenagers. She keeps trying to look cool and fresh, and her sound and image just feel stale and old. That's probably the reason why she's not being successful. Her sound is not young enough for Radio 1, and it's just not for adults as well since they're not the main target of that type of sound.

Where is she getting this idea of what kind of music the majority of "teens" listen to? Lordes and Rocco must have terrible taste in music...

bravenewworld

One day Gaga will also be old and they won't play her music

We've got 30 years to go, im okay with that

actually 12 years,read it they don't play artists after 40

monketsharona

Here in France they play LFL a lot so I guess they do not care about her age

Though she seems to  have no play in the US..

Didymus

An insider? Bye.

I personally understand that Celebration was their last played track, I mean her other singles really were irrelevant.

Doesn't mean they don't play her because she's too old tho..

Some of your comments are just so damn petty and immature. You know if this were any other artist than Madonna,you all would be flipping sh*t and saying that it's an outrage. But in the case that it is in fact Madonna,you all are making a joke out of it. Keep in mind that about a vast majority (95%) of your faves wouldn't be here without Madonna or Janet Jackson.

r9BloKg.gif

Archived