UK’s Official Albums Chart to also include streaming data

ViviLittleM

Featured Posts

SlaeUrAnus

Does this mean that album sales are falling?

Or that everyone is turning to YouTube to listen to music instead of purchasing albums? 

In my messy era.

bionic

Surely this would have a minimal contribution; isn't it difficult to stream entire albums, let alone track listening habits?

buy bionic

xoxo cupcakke
Surely this would have a minimal contribution; isn't it difficult to stream entire albums, let alone track listening habits?
Depends how they do it. They could count one song being played an x amount of time as an entire streamed album which would benefit both the song and the album's chart position whilst not entirely indicating that the album was actually played

bionic

Depends how they do it. They could count one song being played an x amount of time as an entire streamed album which would benefit both the song and the album's chart position whilst not entirely indicating that the album was actually played

So would those streams be excluded from the singles chart? I'm glad I'm not the person who has to monitor the computers that track this :laughga:

buy bionic

xoxo cupcakke
So would those streams be excluded from the singles chart? I'm glad I'm not the person who has to monitor the computers that track this :laughga:
I assume the streams would count towards a song's position but yeah, the streaming business is so confusing

Archived