💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

VIDEO: Kanye West says Beck should've given his award to Beyoncé

Yanko

Featured Posts

Ray of Light

This man is a psychopath. Had he been nominated in the same category, and won with a "less worthy" album - his ass would NOT be caring about Bey's artistry and considering giving the award to her. At the end of the day, he's an egotistical tragic hero now consumed by the reputation of his adopted TV family.

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Miranda Sings

Anyone who doesn't see the idiocy in Kanye's attitude towards this is blinded by Beyonce. Surprise surprise, the sassy female pop star you love isn't always going to win. Just because the gays deem her worthy of a grammy doesn't mean she is.

The album was very critically acclaimed, so it clearly isn't just the "gays" who think the album had a great chance of winning. It had a higher Metacritic score than any other album in the category.

And not only the AOTY snub, but the fact that Bey couldn't even win best urban album. They voted for Pharrell cause he had Happy on his album  :rip: It's a farce

Or maybe urban musicans respect Pharrell more for his producer skills. He produced a lot of hits for others back in the day.

https://twitter.com/DrewsThatDude/status/564662259897888768

/thread

Kanye was def being a dickhead with this one.

PopBitch

He's disgusting.  He wants respect for artistry.  Where is his respect for Beck as a longtime artist?  He treats him like he has no name and should step down and hand over the Grammy.

His respect for artistry is all one-sided.  He disrespected Taylor Swfit on stage and is now disrespecting a respected songwriter and musician on stage who had a critically acclaimed album also.  

He could have his opinion, but you don't sit there as a jerk saying Beck needs to respect artistry and hand over his Grammy and that Bey's album means something to people.  Does he not think Beck's album means something to people who follow him?   Is he saying Beck isn't an artist proud of his work that he spent time and effort and poured his heart and soul into writing and recording it?  Only Beyonce exists in Kanye's world.  

Kanye is one narcissistic nutcase.

He wants Kim to be Bey.  He had her go blonde.  After she dyed it back, she said he kept asking her to dye it blonde again.  I think he's obsessed with Beyonce.

Bey had a great album.  She deserved to be nominated.  Beck had a great album.  But it is his disrespect to Beck that shows what an egotistical jerk he is.  Not that his opinion or belief is wrong that Bey should have won.  We all have opinions that way.  It's how he diminished Beck as an artist and dismissed him in his rant backstage.  He lacks  class.

Kanye doesn't understand true artistry then. His views of music are incredibly narrow-minded, and just because he has no clue who an artist is, doesn't mean what they do isn't quality. Beyonce has a great voice, but sometimes that isn't enough. Sometimes true songwriters with honest things to say win, or real musicians who understand the craft that goes into writing music. It's nice to see Beyonce win sometimes because she's so entertaining, but Beck is another kind of artist. It may not be Kanye's taste, but perhaps his taste is one-dimensional. The things he says about art and music certainly allude to that. 

We're all Stronger Together!

shaneybaby

I thought it was all a big joke earlier but like he's serious? No. Who is to say beyonce was better or more "Creative" than Beck? He is so ignorant and needs to stfu 

TimisaMonster

https://twitter.com/DrewsThatDude/status/564662259897888768

/thread

:thetea:

Kanye is such a brown nose to Beyonce and Kim...

I agree I never even heard of Beck until tonight, but Beyonce can't win everything :roll: He obviously didn't win by popularity, but the voters felt he had better "quality" in his album 

And what was with Kanye dissing E?...the very network that gives his wife relevancy! He was didn't wanna rant on stage so he could protect his...clothing line? :what:

This fool is a complete mess and I feel embarrassed for him...he can't STOP ranting if it meant his life :fail:

Plus, if Kanye loves the album so much, don't get butt hurt if it doesn't win a dumb trophy given by a select and critical group of people. A piece of metal on a dusty shelf doesn't validate great music :manicure:

Stream my new single, 💜"Heartbeat"💜, on Spotify!

XoXoJoanneGaga

Or maybe urban musicans respect Pharrell more for his producer skills. He produced a lot of hits for others back in the day.

That's kinda what I'm saying though. His album sucked but they voted for him based on name recognition because he made Happy + tons of other "white-friendly" hits and he was attached to the Daft Punk album which swept last year.

wow I didn't know you are required to play numerous instruments to win a grammy? so gaga should also lose many of her categories in the past? Aretha franklin? Truth is I didn't like much beyonce ( the album) but the woman slays and has had more impact than Beck career wise

I don't think that's the point people are making, Kanye said that the grammys and Beck should "respect artistry" and are "diminishing art and not respecting the craft".

It's one thing to disagree with the result, but Beck puts a lot of effort into his craft as shown by the numerous instruments he plays. It seems like an unfair criticism to Beck.

ItsTommyBitch

The album was very critically acclaimed, so it clearly isn't just the "gays" who think the album had a great chance of winning. It had a higher Metacritic score than any other album in the category.

This.

People acting like people on here are just pressed little stans whose fave didn't win when a legitimate claim can actually be made. This isn't Iggy azalea vs Childish Gambino for Rap album of the year and people think Iggy deserves it fullheartedly, people aren't being delusional about this :shrug:

Beyonce was critically acclaimed for several reasons. Its one thing to just not like an album you have heard and digested, but its another to just dismiss an album because of its hype and call it overrated :emma:

I listened to Beck's album a few days ago and I still feel like Beyonce was a more well thought out album with more cultural impact and charm, even if becks was good as well. Women and Gays  literally quoting Flawless daily as a way to love themselves :legend:

Kanye is a mess though, lets get that straight :sweep:

Also its never fun to make assumptions, but the grammys voter board are quite puritanical in a sense :oops:

私自身もこの世の中も誰もかれもが, どんなに華やかな人生でも, どんなに悲惨な人生でも, いつかは変貌し, 破壊され、消滅してしまう. すべてがもともとこの世に存在しない一瞬の幻想なのだから

Kanye doesn't understand true artistry then. His views of music are incredibly narrow-minded, and just because he has no clue who an artist is, doesn't mean what they do isn't quality. Beyonce has a great voice, but sometimes that isn't enough. Sometimes true songwriters with honest things to say win, or real musicians who understand the craft that does into writing music. It's nice to see Beyonce win sometimes because she's so entertaining, but Beck is another kind of artist. It may not be Kanye's taste, but perhaps his taste is one-dimensional. The things he says about art and music certainly allude to that. 

This!

Love Trumps Hate

To be fair, blacks never win general category Grammys, and Bey had not only one of the most popular and culturally relevant albums but also one of the most acclaimed. The Grammys are voted upon by old white men, so I understand the frustration. Bey and Kanye have each won 20 Grammys but they've never won in the general fields.

It true, older white guys and guitar music tend to dominate.

Funny, blacks spent so much time picking on a certain young white female rapper, who had NO CHANCE of winning, and ignoring the real threats. Eminem won best rap album and some indie rock guy won AOTY.

The whole "real music deserves to win against what's popular" line used against Iggy undermines Beyonce too. If some obscure rapper with no hits deserves to beat Iggy, maybe Beck deserves to beat Beyonce.

Archived