Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Charli XCX on One Direction's music: "That's not sh*t"

Remus

Featured Posts

Girl I love you, but you're not even big enough to open for them. :toofloppy: I still like her tho. :derpga: I just wish people would move on from this whole "real" music vs. "commercial" music bs and everybody listens to whatever pleases their ears.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Andreyw

Girl I love you, but you're not even big enough to open for them. :toofloppy: I still like her tho. :derpga: I just wish people would move on from this whole "real" music vs. "commercial" music bs and everybody listens to whatever pleases their ears.

This

monsterdreams

She can't talk but the directioners need to back down

Haters gonna need more than a flashlight for my shade

Tropico

She does stan for Gaga kinda :shrug: but so does 1D Kinda....i'll leave

Zayn Malik literally STANS for Gaga

♢ Social Justice Enthusiast ♢

I love Charli and her music, True Romance is a masterpiece and I can't wait to listen to Sucker (released on Feb. 9th here). I believe she makes quality music, better than 1D imo. I don't have anything against 1D, some of their songs are catchy but it's not a band I listen to a lot. 

I kinda agree with Charli but a lot of people like 1D so to those people, their music isn't sh*t. They have a right to listen to whatever they want.

Brb listening to Steal My Girl

:teehee:

StrawberryBlond

It's odd that Charli says this considering she sold out with her music. The comparison with the music of True Romance and Sucker sends a clear message: the commercial success she got piggybacking off Iggy's song was too tempting to pass up as a once in a lifetime experience. Before Fancy became such a hit, she was saying how her new music was going to be punk. After Fancy blew up and people in the US started to notice her and Boom Clap took off, she said the new album was going to be pop with a punk edge. It was inevitable. I don't really blame her - she was likely forced to be more commercial by her label and I can understand their reasoning behind it too. But it's a bit rich of her to be calling music from Syco awful when she's trapped in the big machine just as much as the artists on Syco are, albeit with a bit more creative control to write her own lyrics.

But she certainly has a point. XF albums are bad by design. You occasionally get a gem (Rebecca Ferguson's Heaven, Leona Lewis's Glassheart, Ella Henderson's Chapter One, Little Mix's 2 albums and Fifth Harmony's Reflection) but even the good ones are just ok/just above average. They're made in Simon's vision and his vision is very traditional and business savvy, neither of which can produce good music. Usually, these albums start out good and then get blander as they go on, resulting in nothing but disappointment. Fifth Harmony's new album was like that - the first four tracks were really good, but then the rest of it just slipped down into the same old cliches and forgetability, puncutated with only 2 little moments of joy. To be honest, I'm surprised Simon's supporting such an urban group and launched Cher Lloyd and Little Mix as urban pop too because on XF, urban music doesn't really exist and he doesn't seem to support it very much. Mind you, if you flop, he won't support you for much longer, even with the exceptions he does make.

Archived