💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Azealia Banks responds to the #whiteface makeup controversy

Remus

Featured Posts

ci9bqllef4gmy1tkcf9f.jpg

"Chill, chill, chill. Despite what she led you to believe, Azealia Banks didn't do whiteface. Earlier today she posted the behind-the-scenes photo with the caption "#whiteface." Later on she clarified that she was just getting ice princess makeup for, you guessed it, her "Ice Princess" video. Photos of the finished job confirmed her explanation."

Link to the #whiteface photo:
http://instagram.com/p/ynXi6DH1SR/

Her reactions for all the tweet hates she got were as follows:

AZEALIA BANKS        ✆@AZEALIABANKS
Lol u crackers wish I cared enough to be doing whiteface. I'm becoming the ICE PRINCESS YAAAAAAS
8:25 AM - 3 Feb 2015

I use the word crAcker just as much as I use the word ******... Don't get mad now
8:31 AM - 3 Feb 2015

Yall really r hype. This is not white face this is my Ice Princess makeup. Calm tf down LOL
9:21 AM - 3 Feb 2015

And sidebar.. When snoop did whiteface YALL all thought that **** was hilarious and funny right? #MISOGYNOIR at its finest!!

Misogynoir - Wikipedia http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Misogynoir
9:34 AM - 3 Feb 2015

source: http://www.complex.com/music/2015/02/azealia-banks-didnt-do-white-face?utm_campaign=complexmag%2Bsocialflow%2B02%2B2015&utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=social

In my opinion, she isn't ridiculing the white people by using the #whiteface. But then again, she should have expected that people may took it negatively after the fires of opinions were shot on her Hot 97 radio interview.

Regardless, I'm looking forward to her Ice Princess video. :party: Definitely one of the best tracks off Broke With Expensive Taste, which is available on your nearest iTunes stores. :teehee:

Edit: some of the tweets are deleted already hence I just copied the texts from the website. :sweat:

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

well what was she expecting when she put #whiteface :rip: and whoever's managing azealia needs to do a better job of presenting a better image of her or something. Her tweets are disastrous.

You don't deserve a point of view if the only thing you see is you.

Morphine Prince

I thought her tweets didn't get threads anymore due to the mess we've had the past months lol. 

Anyway, can't wait for this video. 

Cody Draco

Her music is amazing and I'm a fan but she is a mess when it comes to social media. I can't wait for this video though. :classy:

Rat Boy

I'm so excited for the video! It is going to be stunning :nooo:

"I am a Walmart version of Rat Boy!” - River

Gianni Versace

white face was never widely used to publicly humiliate and degrade white people though. 

You can't compare the N word to cracker or white face to black face. 

Archived