đź’“ DAWN OF CHROMATICA đź’“

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Taylor Swift trademarks 'This Sick Beat' and other '1989' phrases

Gianni Versace

Featured Posts

Gianni Versace

I find this ridiculous. Unless it's literally an iconic phrase that you associate with Taylor Swift (which none of them are) then I don't see how she's got the permission to trademark them. 

Gaga should copyright "Get your dlcks out" :lmao:

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"This sick beat" is probably the most vulgar and ridiculous lyric ever. The beat of the song is not even sick. You know who's sick? Me. I'm sick of her and her basicness.

Same here. I tried to like her but her overexposure and overratedness prohibit me to enjoy her basic music.

Now she and her team even have the guts to do things like this as if she made some revolutionary movement and contribution in the industry. :smh:

I don't hate her though. I'm just sick of her moves this era.

Just when this girl couldn't get any more unlikeable, she does. To think she was once that humble, curly haired girl who wore "t-shirts and sneakers" and sat "on the bleachers" and now she's no longer relatable, stuck-up and money hungry. I would be pi**sed if my favourite artists went through a transformation like this when they became super rich. For her to think that "this sick beat" hasn't already been said umpteen times and that "nice to meet you, where you been" is some sort of groundbreaking lyric that needs to be protected, she is well and truly delusional. Some of you are out of your minds for thinking this situation is right and/or funny. This reminds me of Beyonce and Jay Z trying to get Blue Ivy's name trademarked and this woman got contacted by their management because she had a company called Blue Ivy...despite the fact that the company was around long before Blue Ivy was even conceived. Certain people really do sell their soul to the devil when they reach a certain level of fame and live in a completely different world where logic and fairness don't exist. No way will I ever give one penny of my money to these egomaniacs.

this.

"let's have some fun this beat is sick" :gum:

And guess what? The beat was sick on LoveGame. Not on this Haters gonna hate hate hate crap.

Mister Gaga

Just when this girl couldn't get any more unlikeable, she does. To think she was once that humble, curly haired girl who wore "t-shirts and sneakers" and sat "on the bleachers" and now she's no longer relatable, stuck-up and money hungry. I would be pi**sed if my favourite artists went through a transformation like this when they became super rich. For her to think that "this sick beat" hasn't already been said umpteen times and that "nice to meet you, where you been" is some sort of groundbreaking lyric that needs to be protected, she is well and truly delusional. Some of you are out of your minds for thinking this situation is right and/or funny. This reminds me of Beyonce and Jay Z trying to get Blue Ivy's name trademarked and this woman got contacted by their management because she had a company called Blue Ivy...despite the fact that the company was around long before Blue Ivy was even conceived. Certain people really do sell their soul to the devil when they reach a certain level of fame and live in a completely different world where logic and fairness don't exist. No way will I ever give one penny of my money to these egomaniacs.

This x1000000000000000000000000

gagzus

9f05a5603cfdaf30a4f41ebb9405310a.jpg

she should deffo trademark this even thought it isn't what she says :messga:

Gags should trademark "i'm a free b---h baby" tbh

Prometheus

That is different, it's a whole piece of work that could potentially be stollen. I can't trade mark the phrase "I love you" because I did not create it.

As I have said several times by now...

That person said "you can't own words!" And I was explaining that you can in fact own words (well... phrases, etc.). I think some of these are pretty generic and shouldn't have been approved, but people have the right to apply for patents/copyrights. 

Same here. I tried to like her but her overexposure and overratedness prohibit me to enjoy her basic music.

Now she and her team even have the guts to do things like this as if she made some revolutionary movement and contribution in the industry. :smh:

I don't hate her though. I'm just sick of her moves this era.

TAYLOR HA BTW BACKLASH is coming 

:creepflop:

Pure Adrenaline

if Katy really want to make a diss song she should use all of the phrases that Taylor trademarked and change 'party like it's 1989' to party like its *Katy's bitrthday year* " and then credit Taylor as a co-writer of the song this would be the shadiest thing ever in the history of music

It's much more fun to have hizophrenia... u never get lonely

Rabbit Heart

She just loves the money and that's the reason I don't like her very much, but 1989 is a great album! 

This move seems a little bit sad, cuz it left me wondering What will she trademark next? 

Than Gaga should trademark word FAME, or THIS BEAT IS SICK part etc. and she'd get much more money than Swiftie :D 

Gianni Versace

She just loves the money and that's the reason I don't like her very much, but 1989 is a great album! 

This move seems a little bit sad, cuz it left me wondering What will she trademark next? 

Than Gaga should trademark word FAME, or THIS BEAT IS SICK part etc. and she'd get much more money than Swiftie :D 

Gaga could never trademark that word :air:

Maybe "Fame monster" 

this is bad.. people are gunna follow this trend and before you know it every phrase will be taken :emma:

We can we do? :emma: Queen.

Archived