💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Billboard: Why Katy Perry's Prism Era is more Impressive than you think?

yASSsss

Featured Posts

yASSsss,say something controversial and gimme my 1st hit thread :party:

:dies: what can I say, the comment irked me

And Russel Tovey is bae

Why are you copying the pattern of that post of mine? You can't think of an original idea? Like fave like fan i guess. #swiftcopier.

Deflecting, nice.

And the irony when your fave is Katy :toofunny:

who will love me when the night is over

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply
lindongardon

And Russel Tovey is bae

Deflecting, nice.

And the irony when your fave is Katy :toofunny:

Lol. Your fave just steal Max Martin and copied most of Katy's production sig and she's getting that undeserved success coz of that. Poor Katy, being betrayed by her two friends.

Lol. Your fave just steal Max Martin and copied most of Katy's production sig and she's getting that undeserved success coz of that. Poor Katy, being betrayed by her two friends.

Yeah, because 1989 and Prism sound exactly the same. And I'm sorry but that's what happens when you rely on a team of five people to write you a hit sing because you can't write them yourself. And you're really going off topic. Bye.

who will love me when the night is over

yASSsss

When Gaga gets articles like that it's fine but for Katy it's unnecessary yeah okay :reductive:.

Of coz,gaga is my all time favorite. I like it when people praise her :whitney:

Plus its 2015,they're talking abt Prism to promote her Superbowl performance.Prism is not an album that u talk about and make article about it 2 years later :Madge:

(BTW,I hate Katy :emma: )

Call me by your name and I'll call you by mine

Whispering

SlĂƒÆ’Â©. When will Taylor.

Taylor doesn't want to. Her album has already doubled Prism's sales in the US, in under three month's time.

Plus, she writes all of her songs on every album, so her share of the profit is much bigger than Katy's.

can they stop justifying her mediocrity already?

It is BBs main mission.

yASSsss

And Russel Tovey is bae

IKR,he's my future husband.We're gettin' married next month :Jase:

Call me by your name and I'll call you by mine

Ladey Gagz

but where are the lies

Prism - more than 3,5 million sold

Roar & Dark Horse - two #1 singles around the world

Unc. & Birthday - two Top 20 singles around the world

Prismatic World Tour - on track to be one of the most successful tour by a female artist

educate them

Come back when Katy is the 7 time Grammy Award winning poster girl for the revitalization of the concert and music industry, with record sell-outs, three consecutive albums opening with 1M+ and selling 4M+ copies of every album in her discography :lollipop:

Okay so pretty much only 1 artist in history did that :spin:

DrewStevens

She is more succesfull than Gaga has been since 2011 lol

So what? I never compared her to Gaga.

Teenage Dream was an impressive era. The Fame was an impressive era. 1989 is an impressive era. PRISM isn't.

MonsterOfSpain

PRISM may not have been as successful as Teenage Dream, but it's been an impressive era too. And the Superbowl is still yet to come. 

Katy :applause:

TEANUS

no one was calling it unsuccessful :awkney:

Why this article about Katy and not Gaga?? ARTPOP is the REAL underrated thing...or even Born This Way when it sold 6 million copies and was called a flop?? :shrug:

British social ladies with upturned pinkies, glasses clinking // xoxoTEANUS

StrawberryBlond

Articles like this, boosting up an artist who doesn't need the help, make me sick. But maybe this just proves that Katy is indeed fading, so much so that various media are trying to find ways of explaining away her lowered success and trying to dispell flopping theories. It blows my mind how she can still be considered being on top for only producing 2 hits from a 5 single album when her last one produced 6 number ones. Very few artists would get that lenient treatment. The Prismatic tour being her most successful is meaingless - a lot of artists don't always tour properly with their big breakthrough album, but their follow-up is their biggest ever. The Fame was Gaga's most successful album but the tour pulled in less than $10 million worldwide because she focused on tiny venues and festivals. She toured properly with TFM and that gave her the biggest tour. Katy's touring decent sized arenas this time instead of the assortment of tiny arenas, clubs and festivals she did with TD. And comparing her to MJ is a losing battle. Before Bad, he had Thriller, his most successful release and the most successful album in history, which this article fails to pick up on. He also had a career long before the releases of Bad and Dangerous, yet still produced amazing sales for his later work whereas Katy seems to be losing, not gaining fans. Very little of Prism sank into the public's consciousness, really. Even Unconditionally, which is actually promoted very well, was super forgettable, the only memorability being that it left a bad taste in the mouth, mainly for cultural appropriation at the VMAs and eardrum torture on X Factor UK. And lets not even touch on what little impact Birthday and TIHWD had. Birthday, an 8 minute video, has 15 million views less than G.U.Y, despite G.U.Y being longer, having two versions available and having even less chart impact. Just thought I'd bring that up.

Psychedelic

Prism - more than 3,5 million sold

Roar & Dark Horse - two #1 singles around the world

Unc. & Birthday - two Top 20 singles around the world

Prismatic World Tour - on track to be one of the most successful tour by a female artist

This

:applause:

Prismatic

Articles like this, boosting up an artist who doesn't need the help, make me sick. But maybe this just proves that Katy is indeed fading, so much so that various media are trying to find ways of explaining away her lowered success and trying to dispell flopping theories. It blows my mind how she can still be considered being on top for only producing 2 hits from a 5 single album when her last one produced 6 number ones. Very few artists would get that lenient treatment. The Prismatic tour being her most successful is meaingless - a lot of artists don't always tour properly with their big breakthrough album, but their follow-up is their biggest ever. The Fame was Gaga's most successful album but the tour pulled in less than $10 million worldwide because she focused on tiny venues and festivals. She toured properly with TFM and that gave her the biggest tour. Katy's touring decent sized arenas this time instead of the assortment of tiny arenas, clubs and festivals she did with TD. And comparing her to MJ is a losing battle. Before Bad, he had Thriller, his most successful release and the most successful album in history, which this article fails to pick up on. He also had a career long before the releases of Bad and Dangerous, yet still produced amazing sales for his later work whereas Katy seems to be losing, not gaining fans. Very little of Prism sank into the public's consciousness, really. Even Unconditionally, which is actually promoted very well, was super forgettable, the only memorability being that it left a bad taste in the mouth, mainly for cultural appropriation at the VMAs and eardrum torture on X Factor UK. And lets not even touch on what little impact Birthday and TIHWD had. Birthday, an 8 minute video, has 15 million views less than G.U.Y, despite G.U.Y being longer, having two versions available and having even less chart impact. Just thought I'd bring that up.

I don't see any other artist (except for Taylor) having two super successful single and is still memorable to the GP (in recent time).

I Only Stan For Risk Takers

Archived