💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Radio the reason GUY did not succeed

Quark

Featured Posts

Pain of fame1

Gypsy was more radio friendly than G.U.Y.

true.. GUY is not radio friendly at all. It flopped because people didnt even know it existed. Rdios didnt play it in spain. Nobody has heard it ever.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Fiona Apple

If she'd hve promoted it more it, and internationally it could've been successful tbh

The song wasn't written as a power bottom song nor was it's original intention, the gays just made it so; it's about submitting to a man and still feeling powerful with a hint of not needing to be a mainstream success to know ur worth as an artist an woman (although the latter only kinda became apparent after the video)

Ergo: it's a song about reverse feminism

Actually SHE said on a radio that it's about power bottoming. 

Pain of fame1

If she'd hve promoted it more it, and internationally it could've been successful tbh

The song wasn't written as a power bottom song nor was it's original intention, the gays just made it so; it's about submitting to a man and still feeling powerful with a hint of not needing to be a mainstream success to know ur worth as an artist an woman (although the latter only kinda became apparent after the video)

Ergo: it's a song about reverse feminism

Whta is power bottoming tho? Why is that theme not gp frinedly?

Bradley

I never understood why radios snubbed G.U.Y.

This! You guys change so fast. Before the third single was released, everyone was kissing G.U.Y.'s ass and said that G.U.Y. was the new Bad Romance and that it could save the ARTPOP era.

It is one of the best tracks on the album and deserved to be a single. The reason it flopped had no relations to the melody but the bad promotion.

Wet Fire

Gypsy was a better choice. Anyway, G.U.Y. is melodically and vocally great. Sometimes the production seems overdone (rspecially during the chorus). The chorus doesn't live up to the excitement made by the amazing intro and pre-chorus. And the autotuned robotic vocals sound great. Still, they are s-xual, but not s-xy. (TBH G.U.Y. & Sexxx Dreams, despite being s-xual, don't sound s-xy at all. TBH ICGYABL is the Gaga song where Gaga sounds s-xy as hell, like the real killer s-x appeal is present there :omg: )

Oh god, who cares lol?!?!?

GUY= great song, GREAT music video, great performances= A SUCCESS 

Now lets move on with our lives 

/thread

:madge:

djBuffoon

It's weird because quality was never an issue with that song. It is a quintessential Gaga bop, the kind of track that encapsulates her signature sound to a T, the fanbase was clamoring for it to be a single from the second ARTPOP was released, and it's certainly one that my non-Monster friends/family loved when I played it for them (believe me, I've played it for many people).

So I don't know how the average listener would have reacted to it, but I do believe it was not given the opportunity it deserved.

Alfonso

Where i live they play it once a week or 2 :fan:, and today in the morning i dont know why they played venus for the first time :toofloppy:

danwasd

it would have done much better. Not saying that it is a better song, but it was crafted for radio.

GUY is about power bottoming... POWER BOTTOMING! I don't think you could have a less GP-friendly song than POWER BOTTOMING..... POWER F*CKING BOTTOMING!

Yes it does sounds like a traditional Gaga song (a la Bad Romance, Judas, etc) but the theme makes it SUPER unfriendly to general audiences. 

It's about POWER BOTTOMING. Am I repeating myself enough in this thread? POWER BOTTOMING!

Yep, you are :lmao:

Btw ... POWER BOTTOMING!

Lady-Gaga-Applause-gif-13.gif

Pain of fame1

Anal s-x.

WHAAAAT?¿  :sharon:  :excuseme:  :toofunga:  :nooo:    So she likes a--l s-x? I thought a power botton is the one who is underneath the other. didn't gaga say so? "i'm a power botton, i like to be underneath"? :shrug:

giskardsb

It's about POWER BOTTOMING. Am I repeating myself enough in this thread? POWER BOTTOMING!

Only Gays actually think that.  Gaga said that sort of as a joke, but the overall theme is about giving yourself over to another person and being willing to be submissive.  It's not some Gay power bottom anthem and nobody in the GP would take it that way.

bionic

WHAAAAT?¿  :sharon:  :excuseme:        So she likes a--l s-x? I thought a power botton is the one who is underneath the other. didn't gaga say so? "i'm a power botton, i like to be underneath"? :shrug:

Well I guess it can be used for vaginal s-x too but I think the most common use is referring to a--l s-x (the bottom being the one who is recieving, the power being when they're taking charge). And when you add that into Gaga's fanbase :creepflop:

buy bionic

Pain of fame1

Where i live they play it once a week or 2 :fan:, and today in the morning i dont know why they played venus for the first time :toofloppy:

where do you live?

Archived