Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Radio the reason GUY did not succeed

Quark

Featured Posts

giskardsb

I don't understand people saying GUY wasn't a "radio song" when it was probably the most traditional "Gaga" sounding song on the entire album.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply
geopang

Oh god, who cares lol?!?!?

GUY= great song, GREAT music video, great performances= A SUCCESS

Now lets move on with our lives

Exactly. And anybody saying Gypsy would have done better is clearly delusional.

Bellatrix

I don't understand people saying GUY wasn't a "radio song" when it was probably the most traditional "Gaga" sounding song on the entire album.

It's not tho. I can't hear G.U.Y. being played among the other songs that are being played on radio.

MJHolland

Exactly. And anybody saying Gypsy would have done better is clearly delusional.

it would have done much better. Not saying that it is a better song, but it was crafted for radio.

GUY is about power bottoming... POWER BOTTOMING! I don't think you could have a less GP-friendly song than POWER BOTTOMING..... POWER F*CKING BOTTOMING!

Yes it does sounds like a traditional Gaga song (a la Bad Romance, Judas, etc) but the theme makes it SUPER unfriendly to general audiences. 

It's about POWER BOTTOMING. Am I repeating myself enough in this thread? POWER BOTTOMING!

Maybe the radio would've played the song if Gaga promoted the song herself. 

You don't deserve a point of view if the only thing you see is you.

sunofaphrodite

its a terrible single. its about power bottoming. it has a "chorus" that has no chance of catching on, its literally her spelling a word 3 times. anyone that thinks that single shouldn't have flopped is horribly mistaken, she's lucky it charted as high as it did.

Born To Slay

Gypsy probabaly would've done better but she wouldn't have the Redone hype now so idk

Stephen

its a terrible single. its about power bottoming. it has a "chorus" that has no chance of catching on, its literally her spelling a word 3 times. anyone that thinks that single shouldn't have flopped is horribly mistaken, she's lucky it charted as high as it did.

its really not tho, I hate that she said that. I guess she was trying to relate to more gays idek

the songs' about how you can submit to a man s-xually but still be a strong woman. Honestly it could have been an empowering s-xual anthem for women. the chorus is basic but catchy. It's one of the only songs that instantly grabs you. every person I've played it for has liked it. 

TimisaMonster

After DWUW...nobody was here for Gaga no matter what single she would've released. So much time passed that she lost the GP's attention and by then Katy and other artists were the new focus of radio...therefore...

It wasn't G.U.Y. that was the issue...again...it was the lack of attention that was given to the flow of the single eras and the management issues. Plus, DWUW didn't have a video which added to the "emptiness" of her presence on radio and Youtube/TV.

Stream my new single, 💜"Heartbeat"💜, on Spotify!

End of 2013/2014 was an extremely awkward transitional period for which songs were actually "radio friendly."

I have a feeling that Gaga actually thought G.U.Y. was a radio hit cause, like someone else has already said, it is crafted like a typical Gaga song. It was one of two songs that she had z100 play during her promo interview with them. The other one being MANiCURE? I cant remember.

Little did we all know, the typical Gaga song was no longer what radio wanted by 2014.

sunofaphrodite

its really not tho, I hate that she said that. I guess she was trying to relate to more gays idek

the songs' about how you can submit to a man s-xually but still be a strong woman. Honestly it could have been an empowering s-xual anthem for women. the chorus is basic but catchy. It's one of the only songs that instantly grabs you. every person I've played it for has liked it. 

no one wants to hear a song about being on the bottom no matter what it is. its not a good single choice. 

no one wants to hear a song about being on the bottom no matter what it is. its not a good single choice.

It's not even obvious that the song is about bottoming... On the surface the song is literally about Gaga choosing to be submissive. Absolutely nothing says anythig about a--l s-x or being gay. Lol

The chorus was weak. Truthfully the subject matter was weak too, though.

Stephen

I strongly disagree. What about LoveGame? one of her biggest hits was about taking dick. You're just making excuses. It was a unanimous fan favorite when it came out. After it flopped everyone changed their mind. It's kind of disgusting actually how many people turn on gaga's music if it isn't successful. I remember threads about ARTPOP having no filler, and being her best album, etc. until the reviews/sales started coming in.

G.U.Y. could have been a hit song under the right conditions. 

XoXoJoanneGaga

I strongly disagree. What about LoveGame? one of her biggest hits was about taking ****. You're just making excuses. It was a unanimous fan favorite when it came out. After it flopped everyone changed their mind. It's kind of disgusting actually how many people turn on gaga's music if it isn't successful. I remember threads about ARTPOP having no filler, and being her best album, etc. until the reviews/sales started coming in.

G.U.Y. could have been a hit song under the right conditions. 

LoveGame isn't about bottoming though? Not to mention it's catchy as hell. GUY is about bottoming and the lyrics are really messy, not to mention the non-chorus. It's just not a song that a non-Gaga fan would ever listen to.

Archived