💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

ARTPOP is far from being a bad album

Quark

Featured Posts

AnglerfishbraBENUS

I think it had potential. The most amazing album cover i've ever seen. The lead single was amazing but people forget it was poorly marketed after the first single. There was a management shift. The DWUW / Venus switcharoo, the leaks, everything. Not to mention the fact that it was the worst possible time to release an experimental turned commercial soft EDM album. The market was saturated... I agree though, the commercial success shouldn't reflect so heavily on it's quality. If it had been released in 2009 it would have been a good success. Things just change.

I'm sure that in a year when we have new music we'll all listen to ARTPOP and forget the mess. Happened with Born This Way. I needed a break from her saying it was about living halfway between fantasy and reality at all times. LOL

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Noah Fatale

it®s her best album and you will deal :whitney:

plus, the success is always based on the album before, after TFM there®s no wonder that BTW was big... but since BTW was a dissapointment, poor ARTPOP couldn®t shine :emo:

Cody Draco

Its not a bad album but its pretty much mcdonalds compared to her previous albums pSGjoe7.jpg

Not when The Fame exists and only the 4 big singles were not McDonalds. :kissga:

Fame Romance

Gaga tried to develop an artistic concept with the album, and that ''art'' is present in some of the songs of the album, like Applause, Venus, ARTPOP, Fashion!, etc, and she did it well in those songs in my opinion, but some songs are just a **** that break people's ears, like Jewels N' Drugs and Swine, they ruined the album. And some of them are not bad, but are overrated by most of LM, like Gypsy and Mary Jane Holland. No album is perfect, and ARTPOP is very far from being perfect. 

Ladey Gagz

This thread again? :rip:

Is it that hard to understand that people have OPINIONS and saying it's not a bad album will not change people's minds :rip:

I know that you hate Katy. If I say "Katy is an amazing singer and songwriter as well as a performer" I'm sure you won't change your mind. Just accept the fact that it's an album, some people like it, some people don't and get over it.

migamiga

I wasn't feeling the songs since swinefest. It has nothing to do with chart performance or critical response. I love a handful of them, but overall I just didn't connect with the album the way I did with TFM

This thread again? :rip:

Is it that hard to understand that people have OPINIONS and saying it's not a bad album will not change people's minds :rip:

I know that you hate Katy. If I say "Katy is an amazing singer and songwriter as well as a performer" I'm sure you won't change your mind. Just accept the fact that it's an album, some people like it, some people don't and get over it.

I don't hate Katy.

Gaga Ate My Ass

Not when The Fame exists and only the 4 big singles were not McDonalds. :kissga:

The fame is a fancy dinner meal made from the queen of england compared to artplp

Cody Draco

The fame is a fancy dinner meal made from the queen of england compared to artplp

Sorry but the British royalty are basic and unworthy of ARTPOP.

BricksNStrings

When the next album comes out, all the threads will be about how ARTPOP is so good and underrated, and the next one is a disappointment. Mark. My. Words. It happened with both Born This Way and ARTPOP....lol, frankly even aspects of TFM: Alejandro video, no fourth single, EVEN some of the reactions to the Telephone video shockingly, were outrage and about how she was better before. It ALWAYS happens - I can say this as a Gaga fan since 2008 and as a fan of several other mainstream artists in different genres/artforms. People loved to talk about how The Dark Knight Rises was **** compared to Chris Nolan's other movies...then Interstellar came out, and now people say TDKR is underrated and Interstellar is ****. ALL successful artists face this from all fan bases. We'll never really know the true critical consensus until 20-30 years from now.

What you are saying right now is that Money Honey, Starstruck, Eh Eh, etc. are better than songs like Aura, Do What U What, Applause, Sexxx Dreams, etc?

You are entitled to your opinion but this is such a ludicrous one that I have a hard time believing you actually think this...

Gaga tried to develop an artistic concept with the album, and that ''art'' is present in some of the songs of the album, like Applause, Venus, ARTPOP, Fashion!, etc, and she did it well in those songs in my opinion, but some songs are just a **** that break people's ears, like Jewels N' Drugs and Swine, they ruined the album. And some of them are not bad, but are overrated by most of LM, like Gypsy and Mary Jane Holland. No album is perfect, and ARTPOP is very far from being perfect. 

Swine is my favorite Gaga song. It got me through a lot. You absolutely have a right to your opinion but you can't just say it's "a **** that break people's ears".

I wasn't feeling the songs since swinefest. It has nothing to do with chart performance or critical response. I love a handful of them, but overall I just didn't connect with the album the way I did with TFM

2009 is that way <------ SHE WILL NEVER BE THE SAME. People change, people grow.

why does money honey make you cringe? you know it's tounge in cheek right?

You know Donatella is tongue in cheek right?

But here you are only talking in a commercial point of view.

This. I hope you all become investors with how obsessed you are with commercial success.

migamiga

2009 is that way <------ SHE WILL NEVER BE THE SAME. People change, people grow.

Oh I thought it was up your ass where it seems you have left your tact too. I never said I wanted it to be the same. I just said I didn't I didn't feel the same way about ARTPOP as I did with TFM- meaning I didn't enjoy it. I came in here expressing my own opinion. Maybe you should take your own advice and "grow" and learn how to respect other people's opinions. F*ck outta here!!!!! Wtf are you?!

This has been discussed a lot, but I agree. If anyone thinks the album is actually bad, they probably have some sort of hearing issues. I understand not liking the album as much as her others and that it's not some people's cup of tea, but the haters that try to call it out as a legitimately terrible album aren't relevant and need hearing aids, so. Even when Gaga was at her "worst," she made a better album than the majority of her peers, even if some people think it's a little basic compared to her other albums.

Archived