đź’™ HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT đź’š

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

ARTPOP is far from being a bad album

Quark

Featured Posts

Redstreak

It is tho. It has songs like Dope, Swine, Aura, Venus, Donatella, J&D, MJH.........

I know you ain't coming for the good sis Venus pSGjoe7.jpg

Take a moment to think of just flexibility, love, and trust~

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Fiona Apple

It is tho. It has songs like Dope, Swine, Aura, Venus, Donatella, J&D, MJH.........

What do these songs have in common tho? You just don't like them.Imo Venus and Aura are GREAT songs and MJH,Dope are good too

So is it ok when someone calls your work trash?

yes? because that's how it makes them feel. obviously it would be lovely if everyone loved it, but for some people it really is trash. big deal? hard work can still have crappy results. depends on the appreciator.

So you call anything that you don't like trash?

as you can see I put ''''

And I said bad. not trash. But if you want me to say it, yes there is a  trash song on ARTPOP- swine

What do these songs have in common tho? You just don't like them.Imo Venus and Aura are GREAT songs and MJH,Dope are good too

bad lyrics, bad productions ( only dope's is decent but tuined by gagas vocals)

yes? because that's how it makes them feel. obviously it would be lovely if everyone loved it, but for some people it really is trash. big deal? hard work can still have crappy results. depends on the appreciator.

That too harsh if you ask me.

And I said bad. not trash. But if you want me to say it, yes there is a  trash song on ARTPOP- swine

One of my favorites. But what is so bad about it?

AnglerfishbraBENUS

I had a problem with the lyrics not the beats

Especially Venus tbh. The instrumentals are very good. If G.U.Y. Wasn't called G.U.Y. The instrumental alone could slay careers. But alas.

Fiona Apple

This is just your damn opinion lol. Aura has amazing lyrics and production,Venus has also very fun lyrics and production (it is not made to be a meaningful song), MJH has actually really good lyrics too,Dope is a great song too and the vocals suit to the song.. I can see that you don't like the songs..But that doesn't mean they are bad.. :toofloppy:

You only like radio friendly songs I see  :smh:

Especially Venus tbh. The instrumentals are very good. If G.U.Y. Wasn't called G.U.Y. The instrumental alone could slay careers. But alas.

But here you are only talking in a commercial point of view.

god, why do you guys always think that charts must be the reason why so many people dont like it. Have ever asked yourself that maybe, just maybe, they ''call it trash, horrible etc.'' just because they do not like the music?

I don't say that the chart performance of an album is always the reason for saying such things. Sometimes people just don't like the music and that's okay. 

Nevertheless, I'm pretty sure a lot of people call it trash only because of its underperformance and because of the media calling it a flop.

ARTPOP is not my favorite album by Gaga but it's far away from being trash. 

AbuHassan1992

Songs like Donatella and Fashion make me cringe, but so do songs like Bad kids and Money Honey :koons:

why does money honey make you cringe? you know it's tounge in cheek right?

Born Brave

I think it had potential. The most amazing album cover i've ever seen. The lead single was amazing but people forget it was poorly marketed after the first single. There was a management shift. The DWUW / Venus switcharoo, the leaks, everything. Not to mention the fact that it was the worst possible time to release an experimental turned commercial soft EDM album. The market was saturated... I agree though, the commercial success shouldn't reflect so heavily on it's quality. If it had been released in 2009 it would have been a good success. Things just change. 

I think it had potential. The most amazing album cover i've ever seen. The lead single was amazing but people forget it was poorly marketed after the first single. There was a management shift. The DWUW / Venus switcharoo, the leaks, everything. Not to mention the fact that it was the worst possible time to release an experimental turned commercial soft EDM album. The market was saturated... I agree though, the commercial success shouldn't reflect so heavily on it's quality. If it had been released in 2009 it would have been a good success. Things just change. 

Yeah. The managment was definitely messed up.

Archived