Watch the official commercial for Voce Viva

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Israel paper cuts Merkel from Paris march photo for "modesty"

Morphine Prince

4d052f70-d63f-42e6-95c2-101a63d39efc-620

Unedited: 

d6d8b260-e392-491a-9e39-e53803c8bf87-620

In Jerusalem, ultra-Orthodox vandals frequently deface buses and billboards bearing advertising deemed immodest. Visitors to the religious neighborhood of Mea Shaarim are greeted with signs saying: "Please do not pass through our neighborhood in immodest clothes."

"A woman's exterior should not be seen and photographed or paraded in front of men," said Yosef Haim, a neighborhood resident. "I think it's a very positive thing."

The picture in Hamevaser cut out other women, like Paris Mayor Anne Hidalgo, though the newspaper clumsily left her dark glove on the sleeve of a marcher. The European Union's foreign policy chief, Federica Mogherini, was also cropped out.

Binyamin Lipkin, editor of Hamevaser, said the newspaper is a family publication that must be suitable for all audiences, including young children.

"The 8-year-old can't see what I don't want him to see," he told Israel's Channel 10 television station. "True, a picture of Angela Merkel should not ruin the child, but if I draw a line, I have to put it there from the bottom all the way to the top."

He also said he did not want to tarnish the memories of people killed in the attacks.

"Including a picture of a woman into something so sacred, as far as we are concerned, it can desecrate the memory of the martyrs and not the other way around," he said.

Shmuel Pappenhym, an ultra-Orthodox commentator and educator, said that while the community must preserve its values, the newspaper had gone too far.

"''The Hamevaser newspaper does a thing like this, tomorrow it appears in Germany, it appears all over Europe, the rest of the world. It mocks the Jewish Orthodox community. It makes us look narrow minded. It makes us look obtuse," he said.

Source: http://news.yahoo.com/israel-paper-cuts-merkel-paris-march-photo-modesty-131410239.html

creeves

You have to wonder how much better off the world would be without religious extremists dragging us down for the last few hundred years. 

aaronyoji

so the very image of a woman now is offensive......jesus wtf.......

Cocaine Heart

No words for this s-xism mess :toofloppy:  :wtfga:

We going to boo

BornAsUnic0rn

I'LL VOTE FOR HER SO I WANT HER TO BE SEEN ON THAT ****ING PICTURE!

HANZ

meryl-facepalm.gif

My Favs = Lady Gaga, Janet Jackson, Ricky Martin, AKB48

MahoganySnitch

I'LL VOTE FOR HER SO I WANT HER TO BE SEEN ON THAT ****ING PICTURE!

Can you imagine refusing to recognize President (Hillary) Clinton? :wtf: