Most Liked Pop Star In Each State

HANZ

Featured Posts

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Ray of Light

whitney-receipts.gif

Their singles/album sales, tour gross, streaming & radio airplay are more than enough receipts. 

r82.gif

Psychedelic

Taylor Swift is so loved an popular because people see her as America's sweetheart. But you can't be America's sweetheart after 30-35 or so... so I don't see her having a long successful career (a la Madonna), even KP has more chances at that one!

StrawberryBlond

Hmm...intriguing. Well, first of all, the poll must have only involved these three, seeing as they are the most popular and relevant popstars of the moment and have released music/toured recently. Rihanna hasn't released music since 2012 and Gaga hasn't been as successful as usual, so that must be why they're not included. So, taking that into consideration, these results can't be all that accurate if it only gives an option of three people, so there's not much choice, and some people may be picking from the best of a bad bunch. Secondly, I'm really surprised that Taylor didn't win in most of the southern states (I expected her wins to be the reverse, actually), although middle America shares a lot of southern values, so maybe it evens itself out. Beyonce didn't win as much as I thought, but then again, I've never considered her a major pop star as her music is heavily urban influenced and she's actually had limited chart success. But what surprised me most was seeing such a lack of wins from Katy. And wins in 2 states surprised me - Nevada and New Mexico. Katy only did one gig in Nevada for her Prismatic tour - 12,866 people at the MGM Grand. Beyonce did 2 shows at the MGM Grand for her Mrs Carter Show tour - 25,724 people overall. Taylor has only ever done one gig in Nevada over her entire career, so she's out of the equation. They may not be in the poll, but Madonna performed to 24,991 people in Nevada with the MDNA tour and Gaga was the most successful popstar touring Nevada recently, with 32,137 people over 2 MGM dates and an outdoor ampitheatre. So, I in no way believe that Katy's the most popular popstar in Nevada. As we think of Vegas when we think of Nevada, we imagine flamboyant stars and legends performing there, so naturally, Beyonce, Madonna and Gaga do well when they tour there and it's also the home of residency shows, popular with the likes of other iconic acts like Celine Dion, Cher and Britney. I just don't see Katy fitting into these groups. So, I doubt the validity of her winning this state. And she's apparently the most popular in New Mexico, and yet this is one of the few states that she didn't schedule a tour date for...strange.

So, yeah, I think this list is a bit bogus. Most of them only poll a tiny amount of people anyway - it's not like every person in the state was asked. And it's probably a marketing scheme to make 3 acts that are already successful even more popular and talked about. By focusing on these three, it gives the impression that these popstars are the only ones anyone cares about, which couldn't be further from the truth.

Hmm...intriguing. Well, first of all, the poll must have only involved these three, seeing as they are the most popular and relevant popstars of the moment and have released music/toured recently. Rihanna hasn't released music since 2012 and Gaga hasn't been as successful as usual, so that must be why they're not included. So, taking that into consideration, these results can't be all that accurate if it only gives an option of three people, so there's not much choice, and some people may be picking from the best of a bad bunch. Secondly, I'm really surprised that Taylor didn't win in most of the southern states (I expected her wins to be the reverse, actually), although middle America shares a lot of southern values, so maybe it evens itself out. Beyonce didn't win as much as I thought, but then again, I've never considered her a major pop star as her music is heavily urban influenced and she's actually had limited chart success. 

Timberlake and 1D were included too, but didn't win any states.

Beyonce does best where is a large black population. That's why she beats Taylor is several Deep South states but loses to both Taylor and Katy is her home state of Texas.

Archived