Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

China Banned the Burqa and Potential Ban in Switzerland to be approve

Featured Posts

Valextra

You're telling me one has to identify oneself at all times? "HALT! PAPIEREN, BITTE!"

Or are you just grasping at thin arguments?  :emma:

No when I use the credit card they don't ask my documents because I'm Paris Hilton.

:awkney:

The fact that you don't have to identify yourself all the time doesn't cancel the problem of identification.

What

Personally, I feel like this is a good idea. I do feel bad for the woman because it's a piece of their identity being taken away.

You could say they're getting their identity back tho. aka, their face

Goosey

The fact that you don't have to identify yourself all the time doesn't cancel the problem of identification.

You're making up "problems" that don't exist. "The problem of identification"? That's a new one.
"I am the world's greatest person that does not want to let people into the country."—US President Donald J. Trump

Melech

You're telling me one has to identify oneself at all times? "HALT! PAPIEREN, BITTE!"

Or are you just grasping at thin arguments?  :emma:

what has german to do with it.

(It's Papiere btw) 

Valextra

You're making up "problems" that don't exist. "The problem of identification"? That's a new one.

So I guess that in France and in the other countries where they approved the ban for these identity reasons they invented a problem that doesn't exist.

post-6493-Jennifer-Lawrence-okay-thumbs-

Goosey

So I guess that in France and in the other countries where they approved the ban for these identity reasons they invented a problem that doesn't exist.

Exactly, they made it up :coffee: they only ban it because "it's not French". Xenophobic.

what has german to do with it.

(It's Papiere btw)

Long-handled mirrors viewing inside trains...

"I am the world's greatest person that does not want to let people into the country."—US President Donald J. Trump

Paco

Exactly, they made it up :coffee: they only ban it because "it's not French". Xenophobic.

No gurl, we didnt ban it because it's not french :wtf: 

Here we believe in a concept called secularism, religious signs arent allowed in public places, it applies to christians, jews, muslims. It's an old concept that is one of the most important values of the french republic, along freedom of speech and equality. Don't talk about something you don't know anything about.

And like Valextra said, because there is the identification problem too, anybody could be under a burqa and that creates issues administration wise and on many other levels too.

Goosey

No gurl, we didnt ban it because it's not french :wtf:

Here we believe in a concept called secularism, religious signs arent allowed in public places, it applies to christians, jews, muslims. It's an old concept that is one of the most important values of the french republic, along freedom of speech and equality. Don't talk about something you don't know anything about.

And like Valextra said, because there is the identification problem too, anybody could be under a burqa and that creates issues administration wise and on many other levels too.

Not true, you are thinking of students and teachers in schools, not "public places", people are free to wear crosses or kippah in public. And from what I've heard a lot of the French Republic was based on guillotine and the evil leader Napoleon, so much for "rights" when people don't have the right to wear the clothing they choose. Even in Quebec it's much like in France, they are way less tolerant of other cultures, Muslims, burqas, non-Catholic religious symbols, every sign must be in French, fining Italian restaurant for using the word "pasta" (Pastagate scandal) etc.

Paco

Not true, you are thinking of students and teachers in schools, not "public places", people are free to wear crosses or kippah in public. And from what I've heard a lot of the French Republic was based on guillotine and the evil leader Napoleon, so much for "rights" when people don't have the right to wear the clothing they choose. Even in Quebec it's much like in France, they are way less tolerant of other cultures, Muslims, burqas, non-Catholic religious symbols, every sign must be in French, fining Italian restaurant for using the word "pasta" (Pastagate scandal) etc.

Your ignorance :rip:

First of all, schools are considered as public places, and no they are not allowed in schools or in any other public place.

Death penalty is over since decades, and Napoleon was an emperor, not a president, so not a part of the republic. But you tried tho, that was cute :coffee:

People are free to wear what they want except religious signs.

Quebec is not France, but Canada. I don't think you see me saying USA and South Africa are the same because they both speak english :later:

France is tolerant to other cultures as 10% of the french people are children of emigrants, and one of the most multicultural country in Europe.

Get your facts together, none of them is legit :rip:

Goosey

Your ignorance :rip:

First of all, schools are considered as public places, and no they are not allowed in schools or in any other public place.

Death penalty is over since decades, and Napoleon was an emperor, not a president, so not a part of the republic. But you tried tho, that was cute :coffee:

People are free to wear what they want except religious signs.

Quebec is not France, but Canada. I don't think you see me saying USA and South Africa are the same because they both speak english :later:

France is tolerant to other cultures as 10% of the french people are children of emigrants, and one of the most multicultural country in Europe.

Get your facts together, none of them is legit :rip:

Show me the law that says you can't wear religious symbols in public. Link please. It doesn't exist so you won't be able to find it :emma: French people also make fun of me because I speak with accent Quebecois.

Paco

Show me the law that says you can't wear religious symbols in public. Link please. It doesn't exist so you won't be able to find it :emma: French people also make fun of me because I speak with accent Quebecois.

"Afin de respecter le principe de liberté de conscience tel qu'il est défini dans le bloc de constitutionnalité, les manifestations d'expression religieuses dans la sphère publique sont légalement limitées"

By limited it means the civil servants are not allowed to wear any religious signs at work, and other people can but only under some restrictions

About schools: " Dans les écoles, les collèges et les lycées publics, le port de signes ou tenues par lesquels les élèves manifestent ostensiblement une appartenance religieuse est interdit. Le règlement intérieur rappelle que la mise en Å“uvre d’une procédure disciplinaire est précédée d’un dialogue avec l’élève"

The québécois accent is cute and funny tho :spin:  There are bullies everywhere hunny :spin:

I thought you were from the US tho ?  :confused: