💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Iggy Azalea: "they've all basically done black music"

Yanko

Featured Posts

Blue Jeans

She doesn't get it.. let her and her fans be delusionnal i'm done with trying to explain to them what its all about.. they're really not that bright huh ? :smh:

gwfGK7z.gif

Destiny is for losers. It’s just a stupid excuse to wait for things to happen instead of making them happen

• Replies 268
  • Created
  • Last Reply
BringDaNoize

Apparently Iggy's new re-release didn't manage to chart very high actually, apparently Azealia's first album even sold more than it, and it's received little to no promo, whereas Iggy's effort was supported by a No. 1 smash hit. And tbh, I'd like to see either Iggy or Nicki write a fable, or even write lyrics as poetic, complexed and unique as the not smart and unintelligent Azealia's, or even attempt to copy her incredible flows.  Nice Bjallah avi tho sis, Homogenic is a great album, right?

zInhRK.gif

Yet Iggy debuted with 34k (with SEA, though) and the re-issue was charting for like 1.5 month, while azealia's broke blah blah blah fell out on its third week. And she has a banner  :toofloppy:  Nobody needs her "poetic" (omg did u really call ha music POETIC :wtf: ) music.

Homogenic is great duh

tumblr_m2r79nAyyP1rppg1yo1_500.gif

COLONiCPRiNXESS

Quality? How are we defining quality? Production? Lyrics? Performance? I'd say the production of Iggy's album was great, lyrics are fun and obviously others like them because of the hits, and I saw her at ACL so I can vouch for her performance.

I'd say mediocre production, ghostwritten lyrics (which is shameful when you're meant to be a rapper) and little to no stage presence and very boring live sets. She also has quite an irritating voice. I like how she said "if people want to interpret my music as pop that's ok". It's nice to know that she understands that people have different opinions on her and all that stuff. Best thing I've heard come out of Iggy's mouth tbh.

zInhRK.gif

Yet Iggy debuted with 34k (with SEA, though) and the re-issue was charting for like 1.5 month, while azealia's broke blah blah blah fell out on its third week. And she has a banner  :toofloppy:  Nobody needs her "poetic" (omg did u really call ha music POETIC :wtf: ) music.

Homogenic is great duh

I do. AB >>> Iggy musically

Monster2015

As much as I HATE Azealia and a HUGE fan of Iggy I'm not gonna disagree with the fact that Azealia's album wasn't bad! Azealia sold a fair enough of albums with little to no promo so I'll hand it to her for that but because of personal taste, I choose Ms. I-G-G-Y

Tokyo Rose

She said what she thinks, and it's her opinion, and it's truth tbh. :shrug:

but she's still glossing over the greater issue and playing victim

Alcina Dimitrescu

She doesn't get it.. let her and her fans be delusionnal i'm done with trying to explain to them what its all about.. they're really not that bright huh ? :smh:

gwfGK7z.gif

oh you are alive :miley:

COLONiCPRiNXESS

Homogenic is great duh

Yes. She rhymes, uses different techniques to make unique flows and rhythms and plays on words.

Poetry definition:

literary work in which the expression of feelings and ideas is given intensity by the use of distinctive style and rhythm; poems collectively or as a genre of literature.

:madge:

Deleted4234

At the end of the day this is not about iggy azalea or azealia banks this is about an erasure of black culture and a disregard for the foundations of what black people have contributed not only to music but to SOCIETY. Like it or not black people did contribute to the world and deserve credit for the things that they've done.

I don't understand why people don't get that.

People are so quick to say that hip hop isn't black music its just a genre but you wouldn't dare say k-pop didn't belong to the koreans, or that bachata wasn't dominican rep.

BringDaNoize

Yes. She rhymes, uses different techniques to make unique flows and rhythms and plays on words.

Poetry definition:

literary work in which the expression of feelings and ideas is given intensity by the use of distinctive style and rhythm; poems collectively or as a genre of literature.

:madge:

I agree. She's like Emily Dickinson of our generation :hor:

inuborg

She keeps missing the point. That makes me sad.

Also... this thread won't end well. :emma:

It didn't start well :lmao: 

I root for you. I love you. You, you, you, you.

Archived