💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

'Cheek to Cheek' goes GOLD, selling more than 500,000 in U.S.

Americano

Featured Posts

nikola

I think you all need to stop figting with that troll because thats what he wants to troll and fight.....

And  can some mod pls do something about hem its getting really anoying and stupid...

I've got an "F" and a "C" and I got a "K" too And the only thing that is missing is a bitch like "U"

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I didn't bring it up first dude 

But she had more hits than Gaga's pop album and jazz album  :coffee:

grow the **** up 

Whispering

Proving how ARTPOP was a success and including G.U.Y. in your answer?  :rip:

I don't know why you're getting so annoyed tho?

It was a flop, even in this market, Look at Prism, Self-titled.

Even My Everything had top 10 hits, and she's still only a new artist.

It did not flop incredibly hard, but it was a flop none the less.

If you think Gaga's label is ok with her pulling these numbers from her pop era, then bye.

Cheek2Cheek was a flop if it was a Gaga Era, but it's only a side project so  :applause:

:classy:

ARTPOP was in the top 10 album sellers worldwide the year it was released. A top 10 album is not a flop!

It had two top 10 hit songs from the album, in every corner of the world.

It also had a tour to support the album that landed Gaga in the top 10 tours of the year. The era was not a flop!

Interscope was more than happy with an album that sold more than 2.5 worldwide and had two top 10 hits! If they weren't, then they are disappointed in 99% of their signed artists, because Gaga is still one of their top artists...even with her "flop" album. :roll:

Ariana, on the other hand, has failed to have a platinum album...despite the fact that she has had 4 top 10 hits and been on every promotional event and outlet available to artists. There isn't a promotional opportunity she has missed in the past year...yet, she is still struggling to sell albums, even with the constant discounts and even giving her album away for free one week. She is on her second album and has been everywhere and on everything, she in no way qualifies as a new artist. Ariana is an artist, who at this point, is a manufactured pop girl, who sells singles written by the top writing teams and has tons of features on her album to try and appeal to multiple audiences. These songs written by teams of writers work as singles, but they aren't making her an artist that people are buying into enough to purchase her album.

Tumblr

grow the **** up

Rude.

ARTPOP was in the top 10 album sellers worldwide the year it was released. A top 10 album is not a flop!

It had two top 10 hit songs from the album, in every corner of the world.

It also had a tour to support the album that landed Gaga in the top 10 tours of the year. The era was not a flop!

Interscope was more than happy with an album that sold more than 2.5 worldwide and had two top 10 hits! If they weren't, then they are disappointed in 99% of their signed artists, because Gaga is still one of their top artists...even with her "flop" album. :roll:

Ariana, on the other hand, has failed to have a platinum album...despite the fact that she has had 4 top 10 hits and been on every promotional event and outlet available to artists. There isn't a promotional opportunity she has missed in the past year...yet, she is still struggling to sell albums, even with the constant discounts and even giving her album away for free one week. She is on her second album and has been everywhere and on everything, she in no way qualifies as a new artist. Ariana is an artist, who at this point, is a manufactured pop girl, who sells singles written by the top writing teams and has tons of features on her album to try and appeal to multiple audiences. These songs written by teams of writers work as singles, but they aren't making her an artist that people are buying into enough to purchase her album.

wow

Mariah - Ariana - Rihanna

nikola

Rude.

wow

well you dont deserve  more........

I've got an "F" and a "C" and I got a "K" too And the only thing that is missing is a bitch like "U"

blacklistedd

:rip: c2c is more mainstream than uv 

i cringe when people try to imply that anything lana del rey makes isn't so mainstream. lana del rey is so ****ing commercial. lets not. that being said, cheek to cheek is also very commercial, its like a starbucks adult contemporary album that they sell at the register and they did sell it at the register so it all comes together.

It really is sad how a thread about something SO great, SO fantastic has once again turned into total mess that's full of negativity and all this because of some childish fans who are not able to respect Gaga's work and be truly happy for the success of C2C just because they are not fond of jazz music. Open your heart and mind, grow up and show some intelligence and maturity.

Tumblr

It really is sad how a thread about something SO great, SO fantastic has once again turned into total mess that's full of negativity and all this because of some childish fans who are not able to respect Gaga's work and be truly happy for the success of C2C just because they are not fond of jazz music. Open your heart and mind, grow up and show some intelligence and maturity.

can we not just enjoy the music instead of thinking of success?

well you dont deserve more........

Hi :-)

Mariah - Ariana - Rihanna

this so much!! 

Both ARTPOP & Cheek To Cheek debuting at #1 in the US. Both are gold certified is this market. ARTPOP is at 750K and CTC has sold around 520K there, Worldwide numbers: 2,5 million and 870K respectively. Less than the previous albums, but still amazing.

Applause being on Billboard Hot 100 Top 10 for 14 weeks and selling 4 million copies worldwide. Top 10 in around 30 countries.

Do What U Want selling more than Applause in many European countries without a video. Top 3 in Canada and Top 10 in almost 20 countries.

G.U.Y. having a combined total Youtube views of 82 million without radio support or any kind of promotion.

ArtRave gross: 85 million.

Cheek To Cheek, A JAZZ ALBUM WITH NO SINGLES, has outsold My Everything (3 top ten hits). The New Classic (2 top 10 hits), Ultraviolence (probably the most overhyped album of 2014).

Cheek To Cheek has changed her public image for many people who considered she was just a crazy b---h. Many people have realised she's talented. Some of you say this is a boring album, a boring era, you want this to end, blah, blah, blah... This is exactly what Gaga needed in her career.

And if you're still convinced Gaga is a flop, watch Do What U Want at The Voice and the AMA, Applause at the VMA, the SNL episode she hosted, her performances in Japan, Alan Carr, the Graham Norton Show, the SXSW festival, etc. and be THANKFUL because she gave us amazing moments this era. Gaga doesn't owe you NOTHING.

None of these eras/albums are a flop. I'm tired of read stuff like that tbh.

tumblr_m32fo14UiY1r1upmb.gif

ILU! Thank you for this post!

KingOfSpain

ILU! Thank you for this post!

You're welcome sis

tumblr_m8z2e4nZF61rtzlzf.gif

http://gagadaily.com/forums/topic/227246-ceremony-gagas-videography-megarate/

Archived