šŸ’“ DAWN OF CHROMATICA šŸ’“

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

"Friendship is only friendship when it is real."

Melech

Featured Posts

I

Ā 

And to be honest,Ā part of being friends with someoneĀ isĀ spending time with each other, hanging out, and creating memories. While you can talk to people online, you can't really do that until you meet in person. She's telling you to enjoy your holidays and truly be in the moment while spending time with the people you love and care about, and to not live your holidays with false gratitude from social media. Her message seems to be misunderstood by most people on here. I see nothing but truth in what she's saying.

Ā 

That's false. If you don'T experience something like that don't judge about it. Online friendship can be real.Ā 

Not everyone has the ƃĀ¢Ć¢ā‚¬Å”Ā¬'s like Gaga to see their friends who live in another EU-stateĀ 

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Vernier

oh then sorry :flop:Ā 

Ā 

(one of the moments you want to be stone)

It's okay :hug: I can see how you'd have thought that :yes:

Frankly my dear, I don't give a damn

That's false. If you don'T experience something like that don't judge about it. Online friendship can be real.Ā 

Not everyone has the ƃĀ¢Ć¢ā‚¬Å”Ā¬'s like Gaga to see their friends who live in another EU-stateĀ 

Ā 

Tell me when I said that they couldn't be.

Ā 

I have plenty of online friends as well, so you can't comment on my inability to state an opinion on something due to a lack of "experience" with the topic discussed.

Tell me when I said that they couldn't be.

Ā 

I have plenty of online friends as well, so you can't comment on my inability to state an opinion on something due to a lack of "experience" with the topic discussed.

And to be honest, part of being friends with someone is spending time with each other, hanging out, and creating memories

13VictorC

Gaga understands that the majority of Little Monsters know each other through online communities such as her own LittleMonsters.com.

Ā 

I believe Gaga meant that if you have the option of physically expressing your friendship to someone, then that option is more humane than a text message.

And to be honest, part of being friends with someone is spending time with each other, hanging out, and creating memories

Ā 

And are you assuming that you can't "spend time with each other" in a virtual sphere? I didn't say that you couldn't. What I said is that her commentary is on the illusion of "friendship" within the culture created by social media. That's not saying that you can't become actual friends with someone online, but as she said, actual friendship is "passionate and relentless, forgiving and joyful." I'm sure you're capable of recognizing that there's a clear difference between an actual friend you make online and all of the people who comment on and like your photos on Instagram and Facebook, for example. That being said, it's also important to recognize that though those people may genuinely be your friends, you are not currentlyĀ with them in the moment. That doesn't decrease the value of your friendship. Gaga is saying that we should live in the moment and enjoy the holidays while we can, creating memories in person with the people who are there when they're there. The friends online are still going to be there, and they're still going to be real. Wish them happy holidays and go enjoy yourself. There's only so much you can do through a computer screen.

And are you assuming that you can't "spend time with each other" in a virtual sphere? I didn't say that you couldn't. What I said is that her commentary is on the illusion of "friendship" within the culture created by social media. That's not saying that you can't become actual friends with someone online, but as she said, actual friendship is "passionate and relentless, forgiving and joyful." I'm sure you're capable of recognizing that there's a clear difference between an actual friend you make online and all of the people who comment on and like your photos on Instagram and Facebook, for example. That being said, it's also important to recognize that though those people may genuinely be your friends, you are not currentlyĀ with them in the moment. That doesn't decrease the value of your friendship. Gaga is saying that we should live in the moment and enjoy the holidays while we can, creating memories in person with the people who are there when they're there. The friends online are still going to be there, and they're still going to be real. Wish them happy holidays and go enjoy yourself. There's only so much you can do through a computer screen.

Whatever you think. I think you are wrong and Gaga is wrong, but that is only my cup of tea. Not really a thing to discuss about.Ā 

Stefani328

I thought her point was simply that we shouldn't substitute online means of communication for actual human interaction with people we have close to us. But now that ggd has interpreted her comments correctly, I now understand that she's a judgey, technology hating woman who thinks no one should ever have online interactions. Thanks

I think she meant that you can know the friendship is real only when you meet the person in real life and neither of you are afraid to be together, hold hands, show your friendship to other people etc. On the internet anyone can act like someone else to take advantage of you or betray you in different ways. Ofc it happens in real life too but it's easier on the internet.

Whatever you think. I think you are wrong and Gaga is wrong, but that is only my cup of tea. Not really a thing to discuss about.Ā 

Ā 

That's your opinion, I presume. But you did post this thread, so it must be at least somewhat discussion worthy.

That's your opinion, I presume. But you did post this thread, so it must be at least somewhat discussion worthy.

I only wanted to post an example of an online friendshipĀ 

I only wanted to post an example of an online friendshipĀ 

Ā 

I understand. I don't disagree with the validity of online friendships, nor do I think Gaga does. All she really seems to be saying is that you shouldn't experience your holidays through a screen, to which I have to say, I agree.

I understand. I don't disagree with the validity of online friendships, nor do I think Gaga does. All she really seems to be saying is that you shouldn't experience your holidays through a screen, to which I have to say, I agree.

I don't. I have friends outside the laptop. But you can do both :shrug:Ā 

I don't. I have friends outside the laptop. But you can do both :shrug:

Ā 

Right, but there's only so much you can do through the laptop. Sure, wish them a happy holiday and maybe chat a little, but go out and have some fun with the people that are around you as well. You can't go to the bar with your friends who live a country away from you. She's saying not to get so caught up on social media that you forget to experience actual events like that. Your friends on the internet will still be your friends whether or not you have a little fun in the present moment.

Archived