💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Gaga slams artists who don't write and can't sing

Pure Adrenaline

Featured Posts

No I don't, and neither do you, since she never existed. Gaga's been doing those things since day one.

Exactly lol. :toofunny:

FreePalestine

• Replies 340
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Pure Adrenaline

LOVE YA

of course who else :thetea:

love ya to

:hug:

It's much more fun to have hizophrenia... u never get lonely

Vernier

Do you remember that girl from "The Fame" who would never act conceited about her talents or preach about art and being artsy? She would sing about superficial and shallow stuff yet whenever she sat on a piano and started singing, everyone would be blown away by her skills and talent, do you remeber her? Do you remember when GP used to buy your albums and support your music?

Interesting point, as one of the first times she talked about lip-syncing and how she'd never do it(which by your warped measure probably counts as "acting conceited about talent") was during the TF/TFM era :emma:

Frankly my dear, I don't give a damn

Interesting point, as one of the first times she talked about lip-syncing and how she'd never do it(which by your warped measure probably counts as "acting conceited about talent") was during the TF/TFM era :emma:

the chart positions lobotomize their minds

mirandasings 08

The Fame Monster has two excellent songs ("Bad Romance" and "Speechless") but nothing else quite measures up to it, especially not the other two singles. Born This Way I won't touch, because it's crazy and amazing stuff, even if the production was given priority over the melodies in some cases. ARTPOP is her most consistently well-written material imho. Strip away the production and you still have excellent work.

I disagree. Telephone, Monster, and Dance in the Dark are all pop masterpieces. Both TFM and Born This Way are amazing. TF and ARTPOP are good but definitely inferior. ARTPOP has inferior music with weird themes. That's it. There's nothing musically impressive about it. Don't get me wrong, it's good, but not her best.

Say what you will about the music, but C2C is undoubtedly her vocal peak so far, and even ARTPOP has shown improvement in that sense. I mean, I'm not sure if she could have pulled off a DWUW in 2009/2010/2011 quite as well as she did in 2013/2014. :shrug:

unless you're referring to keeping up with singing + dancing at the same level she used to... I actually think 2011 was her best year in that sense.

DWUW is completely unfitting for Gaga's voice. It's more suited to Christina Aguilera than Gaga, and the song itself is too mainstream.

Actually you DON'T love ARTPOP... It's clear. The Fame had 5-6 GREAT songs that are the singles +1 or 2 album tracks that were good but the rest of the album is just simple songs with simple lyrics and not very special or really good...ARTPOP is actually MUSICALLY her most inovative and complicated album... The lyrics are also different and the messages of the songs are really complicated compared to TF...Also ARTPOP didn't have fillers (apart from fashion! which I actually like) and every song sounded really different (When many songs in Born This Way sound the same). So it's ok to don't like ARTPOP but PLEASE don't say "I love ARTPOP" and **** because it's not true when you say "It's not a good work" "It's actually her worst work" ....

I was joking in this comment  :coffee:

The lyrics and messages are definitely complicated on ARTPOP, which I consider to be a bad thing. Music should be easy to understand and get into. The melodies are inferior compared to her other albums.

I think you're misunderstanding me. I do love ARTPOP, but I think it's her worst work with TF. I think all of Gaga's albums are amazing. I have always disliked artists like Miley Cyrus, Katy Perry, Rihanna, etc, whereas Gaga captured my attention.

Ray of Light

It's a shame their songs aren't as "timeless" as you're making it sound. Katy is terrible, when it comes to lyrics. And Taylor was better when she was doing her thing, her latest album is pretty bad when it comes to lyrics.

The SuperBowl will surely take care of Katy's timelessness :applause: And not really, 1989 still has quality lyrics. Very sad you can't see the clearly depicted quality :)

Economy

What about ppl who hardly write anything and cant sing well like Brintey Spears?

In m opinion when she was in better shape in the first 5 years of her career. She totally made up for her musical weakness by being one of the best performers ever!

Pure Adrenaline

I disagree. Telephone, Monster, and Dance in the Dark are all pop masterpieces. Both TFM and Born This Way are amazing. TF and ARTPOP are good but definitely inferior. ARTPOP has inferior music with weird themes. That's it. There's nothing musically impressive about it. Don't get me wrong, it's good, but not her best.

DWUW is completely unfitting for Gaga's voice. It's more suited to Christina Aguilera than Gaga, and the song itself is too mainstream.

The lyrics and messages are definitely complicated on ARTPOP, which I consider to be a bad thing. Music should be easy to understand and get into. The melodies are inferior compared to her other albums.

I think you're misunderstanding me. I do love ARTPOP, but I think it's her worst work with TF. I think all of Gaga's albums are amazing. I have always disliked artists like Miley Cyrus, Katy Perry, Rihanna, etc, whereas Gaga captured my attention.

not u calling Telephone masterpiece and 2 seconds later calling DWUW too mainstream for Gaga's voice I'm literally and officialy done with this site I can'[t even deal anymore :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

lyrically telephone is very smart but the dwuw part sis...is one of the best by gaga

Pure Adrenaline

lyrically telephone is very smart but the dwuw part sis...is one of the best by gaga

I mean Telephone is probably one of Gaga's most generic sounding songs ever next to Eh Eh etc. yet was masterpiece and DWUW probably the influence of a lot of songs in 2014 yet being too mainstream for Gaga :lmao: it's just too much sometime in here :smh:

FameHungry

She is right though. There are so many artists out there who have worked their asses off for years and years but don't get signed because they don't have the look. The result isn't good. Look at this year for example, the majority of the music was shockingly bad.

mirandasings 08

not u calling Telephone masterpiece and 2 seconds later calling DWUW too mainstream for Gaga's voice I'm literally and officialy done with this site I can'[t even deal anymore  :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Telephone's melody is beautiful. As is its production. DWUW just sounds too mainstream on all levels. Telephone has balance.

Pure Adrenaline

I'm not sure but I think maybe ......... maybe .... MAYBE she was a lil referencing that model that Jay-Z singed or will sign soon and launch ha career song or sth like that ..... like hse looked good had the body had them looks well she's model yeah but she had like one live performance and was extremely bad imo :shrug: 

I think maybe Gaga was having in my her since she is close with Beyonce and Jay and is aware of their side project etc :shrug:

Lies? I see none. :manicure:

To elaborate I like how she has emphasized how she does have respect for the talented vocalist even if they don't write music, she just has disdain for a society that promotes beautiful people who can't sing or write. Amen to that.

This!!

But at the same time there are some really good songwriters out there that just have the knack for a tune, and need some outlet to project their songs! Some pretty, generic, run of the mill hot chic.

Archived