💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Gaga slams artists who don't write and can't sing

Pure Adrenaline

Featured Posts

ppl defending their faves with '' she writes some of her songs '' go home :lmao:
and she ain't talking ****. why is somebody who can't neither sing, dance or write called an artist????? since when is lip syncing ART?

MAKE IT WORK

• Replies 340
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't know if i agree to be honest. On the one hand she is right, and i love it when artist try to write their own lyrics and music. On the other hand, not everyone is talented to do everything. Everyone needs a little help, and there is no shame if you have people help you with the sound, dancing, lyrics or whatever. They all have a whole team behind them, and so did Gaga once.

She also didn't deliver a lyrical masterpiece with ARTPOP, so i don't know why she is attacking other singers so much...

@johnpe

Britney is a lipsynch artist, but her energy and personality is just amazing, nobody can top her energy she used to have on stage. She was just pure s-x, how she walked, how she talked, just everything. She was a true goddess, and if people want to go and see her live, why shouldn't they? Its entertainment, its pop.

Psychedelic

Interesting point, as one of the first times she talked about lip-syncing and how she'd never do it(which by your warped measure probably counts as "acting conceited about talent") was during the TF/TFM era :emma:

One thing is to say that you would never do such a thing and another very different is to condemn people who do it!

but that's not even taste, that's delusion. 

liking something manufactured - who'd do that? would you rather like using a prosthetic arm instead of a real one? sorry if this comes off rude, but this is the way I see it. 

that's why I'd choose an artist with real talent any day over the likes of Britney Spears, Rihanna, Katy Perry etc. 

Big mess at the metaphor you just used. Anyway, you call these tastes deluded but probably there are people who are not so interested in perfect singers, maybe they are more oriented to dancing routines, or probably there people who dont mind singers that dont write their own lyrics as long as they deliver good vocals to those songs... or even people who dont mind any lack of talent, they just wanna be enternained by outstanding props or whatever gives them visual satisfaction. I think we should let them be and stop acting like our opinion or taste is the right one. Rather than helping, leaves us in bad position as an artist's fanbase.

People hate on us for that type of behaviour which leads to them not wanting to support Gaga.

Maybe it's just me but I don't take artists serious that can't sing or write their own songs. I'm not a huge fan of Taylor Swift but at least she writes her own songs. She earns my respect. I'll listen to your song but I won't buy your music. Why should I spend my money to have you make millions if you are a "singer" but can't sing or an artist, who can't write songs. That's your job, it's what you are suppose to do not let everyone else do the all the work for you. It's like being a doctor and you are making money but someone else is doing all the work. I'm not saying it's right to be disrespectful or pretentious but that's probably how Gaga feels. 

I agree with you, for instance I like Britney but I dont have much respect for her as an artist, however since I like her, I know why her die-hard fans love her. It's not because of the singing, or the song-writing, but because she entertains them so I won't come at them and say "your taste for Britney is ridiculous". You, however, brought your point in a very respectful way. I know Gaga did too, but she is a public figure so her words wont be taken as lightly by some. My opinion is she should do less talk about what is right and what is wrong in the artistic world ('cuz at the end it's all so subjective) and let her art speak for itself!!!

Cody Draco

more like more success

it's pretty obvious that gaga can not stand another female popstar having more success than her

2iosuf.gif

She really is the 21st century Madonna

2iosuf.gif

Firestarter

Big mess at the metaphor you just used. Anyway, you call these tastes deluded but probably there are people who are not so interested in perfect singers, maybe they are more oriented to dancing routines, or probably there people who dont mind singers that dont write their own lyrics as long as they deliver good vocals to those songs... or even people who dont mind any lack of talent, they just wanna be enternained by outstanding props or whatever gives them visual satisfaction. I think we should let them be and stop acting like our opinion or taste is the right one. Rather than helping, leaves us in bad position as an artist's fanbase.

People hate on us for that type of behaviour which leads to them not wanting to support Gaga.

I'm using the same phrase, but I literally couldn't care less if people who like this kind of artists don't support Gaga. 

or even people who dont mind any lack of talent

and this is sick. I don't even know how to begin to answer this kind of travesty. 

Psychedelic

I'm using the same phrase, but I literally couldn't care less if people who like this kind of artists don't support Gaga. 

and this is sick. I don't even know how to begin to answer this kind of travesty.

I know, you are to warped up in yourself and what you think it's right.

I don't know if i agree to be honest. On the one hand she is right, and i love it when artist try to write their own lyrics and music. On the other hand, not everyone is talented to do everything. Everyone needs a little help, and there is no shame if you have people help you with the sound, dancing, lyrics or whatever. They all have a whole team behind them, and so did Gaga once.

She also didn't deliver a lyrical masterpiece with ARTPOP, so i don't know why she is attacking other singers so much...

@johnpe

Britney is a lipsynch artist, but her energy and personality is just amazing, nobody can top her energy she used to have on stage. She was just pure s-x, how she walked, how she talked, just everything. She was a true goddess, and if people want to go and see her live, why shouldn't they? Its entertainment, its pop.

But she didn't say that every pop girl HAS to write her own songs, she said if you can't write then you better blow people away with you VOCALS. If you have neither of those but just a pretty face, why do record companies push and autotune to death these karaoke girls?

FreePalestine

Firestarter

I know, you are to warped up in yourself and what you think it's right.

no, it's just that your point of view is wrong and you were not able to persuade me  :coffee:

codymonster

Genuinely don't understand how anyone can disagree with this?

This :sweat: Gaga is saying she wants genuinely talented people in the forefront of music, not pretty girls who got to the top by being pretty and not that talented. I see no negative in her vision :sweat:

Psychedelic

no, it's just that your point of view is wrong and you were not able to persuade me  :coffee:

you just proved my last statement right... daaah!  :blehclausney:

But she didn't say that every pop girl HAS to write her own songs, she said if you can't write then you better blow people away with you VOCALS. If you have neither of those but just a pretty face, why do record companies push and autotune to death these karaoke girls?

some people have strange logic it is as simple as this

Archived