Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Taylor Swift reveals many thanked her for going to war with Spotify

Morphine Prince

Featured Posts

Morphine Prince

"I didn't think that it would be shocking to anyone," says Swift. "With as many ways as artists are personalizing their musical distribution, it didn't occur to me that this would be anything that anyone would talk about. But I could never have expected so many text messages, emails and phone calls from other artists, writers and producers saying thank you."

Source: http://www.billboard.com/articles/columns/pop-shop/6406694/taylor-swift-reveals-surprising-industry-reaction-to-spotify

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Many people use spotify cause they can't afford your music. What makes you think banning it on spotify is going to make them able to suddenly buy your music? :emma: People just turn to pirating, and good on them if artists are being so greedy :applause:

Tropico

God gurl let this go. Don't you have singles to promote or something? :smh: If you want controversy, do it the ol' fashioned way and roll around in a wedding dress at an award show or pitch up in a meat dress. :manicure:

:derpga:

♢ Social Justice Enthusiast ♢

Tove Lo

Many people use spotify cause they can't afford your music. What makes you think banning it on spotify is going to make them able to suddenly buy your music? :emma: People just turn to pirating, and good on them if artists are being so greedy :applause:

I'm pretty sure that there is way more users listening to music for free on there and I think THAT'S what she doesn't like. :coffee:

hop on that **** like a maniac

The Child

Stay pressed tay.

‘If religion be the cause of disunity, then irreligion is surely to be preferred.’ ‘Abdu’l-Bahá

Supersonic

Actually music got exponentia--lly cheaper over time, I remember when the Scissor Sisters complained how nobody would buy an album in the US because they sold it at 22 bucks, back in the day when even I was a kid albums cost like 36 DM (which is like 18€), now they are at 11-14€. Vinyl records were even more expensive. If any one is greedy, it's the consumer who wants MORE AND MORE music for less money. :emma:

Redstreak

You're misunderstanding the point. She isn't against streaming, she still has her stuff on Vevo and Youtube. Spotify just doesn't have the same artist compensation that Vevo and Youtube do. That's what she's getting at.

Actually music got exponentia--lly cheaper over time, I remember when the Scissor Sisters complained how nobody would buy an album in the US because they sold it at 22 bucks, back in the day when even I was a kid albums cost like 36 DM (which is like 18€), now they are at 11-14€. Vinyl records were even more expensive. If any one is greedy, it's the consumer who wants MORE AND MORE music for less money. :emma:

Bingo

Take a moment to think of just flexibility, love, and trust~

I'm pretty sure that there is way more users listening to music for free on there and I think THAT'S what she doesn't like. :coffee:

they get ads..she still gets paid for it..

things get cheaper over time..thats what generally happens. you're forgetting "back in the day" there wasn't 500 ways to listen to music. they had to be produced on vinyls and everything. 

You're misunderstanding the point. She isn't against streaming, she still has her stuff on Vevo and Youtube. Spotify just doesn't have the same artist compensation that Vevo and Youtube do. That's what she's getting at.

aka greedy.

Archived