💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Nicki Minaj shares "Why Grammys are as white as you think" article

Yanko

Featured Posts

Wait, is this true? :smh:

It is. Lauryn's music is incredible, but like Azealia falls flat on her face when it comes to her personality. The hilarity of it all. 

• Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He is very racist

The Miseducation of Lauryn Hill is an AMAZING album which still stands up in today, and it deserved the Grammy it received based on its artistry. 

Or course when blacks win it's always 100% objective and deserved and non-political.

When they don't, it's always white bias and oppression. 

(Of course it's a mixture of both all the time.)

Willy Wonka

Wait, is this true? :smh:

no his racist ass wishes it were though http://www.snopes.com/politics/quotes/laurynhill.asp

It is. Lauryn's music is incredible, but like Azealia falls flat on her face when it comes to her personality. The hilarity of it all. 

nope it isnt xoxo http://www.snopes.com/politics/quotes/laurynhill.asp

Lauryn's album was very very beautiful. However, I think on some level the Academy felt comfortable giving the AOTY grammy to her because she also is very religious. I'm not saying she didn't deserve it, but her intense Christianity also made it easier for the Academy to choose her, I'd imagine.

Because blacks and the liberal media ALWAYS bring race into it whenever things don't go black people's way, then totally ignore race when it goes the other way.

Blacks win 35% of AOTY Grammys since 1974 awarded to Americans, but committee is still biased against them. :flop:

If Grammys are so biased, why did that black bigot one album wonder Lauryn Hill win over Madonna's Ray of Light and Shania's Come On Over in 1999 for AOTY? Lot of voters want to to show how progressive and anti-racist they are. Macklemore is just lucky gay rights were the progressive issue de jour in 2012.

:excuseme: Exit, stage left. :later:

http://www.frontpagemag.com/2013/dgreenfield/the-miseducation-of-lauryn-hill/

Lauryn Hill once reportedly said, “I would rather have my children starve than have white people buy my albums.†The authenticity of the quote has been disputed, but there was no disputing her quotes during her sentencing on charges of massive tax evasion.

“I am a child of former slaves who had a system imposed on them,†Hill said before U.S. Magistrate Madeline Cox Arleo. “I had an economic system imposed on me.â€

As a millionaire, Hill had her choice of economic systems anywhere in the world. Her parents were a computer programmer and an English teacher. She grew up in South Orange NJ where the median household income is $123,373 a year. She went to Columbia High School, one of the top schools in the country, and then enrolled at Columbia University. All these are the hallmarks of a privileged life.

And that too is part of a pattern of fake radical black musicians with middle class suburban backgrounds.

Compare that to Ja Rule, who just finished his own sentence for tax evasion, and has the background you would expect a rap star to have.

At his sentencing hearing, Ja Rule said, “I in no way attempted to deceive the government or do anything illegal,†he said minutes before being sentenced. “I was a young man who made a lot of money – I’m getting a little choked up – I didn’t know how to deal with these finances, and I didn’t have people to guide me, so I made mistakes.â€

You can sneer at his claims of innocence, but it’s a more conventional and far less arrogant plea. And tellingly, Ja Rule was sentenced to 28 months in prison for failing to pay taxes on 3 million dollars. While Lauryn Hill was sentenced to 3 months for evading taxes on 1 million.

So privileged compared to Shania Twain's background in Northern Ontario, yet she loved to play the victim.

Willy Wonka

you're trying so hard and i'm uncomfortable and embarrassed for you

what does it feel like to be racist?

http://www.frontpagemag.com/2013/dgreenfield/the-miseducation-of-lauryn-hill/

So privileged compared to Shania Twain's background in Northern Ontario, yet she loved to play the victim.

one racist quote didn't stick so now you're trying to find something else to throw at her? seems like being racist is a lot of work  :sweep:

Tropico

Ugh it's so embarrassing to always have people of my race claiming racism every time s--t don't go their way. :roll:

♢ Social Justice Enthusiast ♢

Batwings

Bless the mess that is this thread.

:pray:

:pray: :pray:

Archived