Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Nicki Minaj shares "Why Grammys are as white as you think" article

Yanko

Featured Posts

bionic

It'd be interesting to see the demographics of the Recording Academy. Especially the race, gender and ages of members.

buy bionic

• Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I do agree with the article.

One thing I will say though is the Grammy's shouldn't just give an award out or nominate people of other races just because, when it comes down to it the nominees should have nothing to do with skin color. It should be about the quality of the music as for the winners of the awards too. It shouldn't be about sales and chart positions either. It should all be about the quality of the music.

I love a lot of the music nominated this year, but the quality of it isn't worth it. Fancy nor Anaconda is Grammy worthy, let's be real.

It'd be interesting to see the demographics of the Recording Academy. Especially the race, gender and ages of members.

Mte! Just like in court.

Paper Planes

Remember when she tried to convince people she was a super white pop star with those RedOne tracks? Yep, me too.

delete it fat

Jesse Pinkman

Why does Beyonce have so many f*cking awards. While Madonna got snubbed for years.

Why did "white soul" Adele get put against Gaga in pop, allowing Chris Brown to win the "black" category.

The Grammies are anti-rap (see Eminem never winning AOTY), but pander to blacks a lot.

They keep nominating her for urban and r&b...

It's science, bitch

Jesse Pinkman

Remember when she tried to convince people she was a super white pop star with those RedOne tracks? Yep, me too.

:giggle:

Shh, remember she's a different artist now. We're not supposed to talk about that.

It's science, bitch

Ladey Gagz

Career-wise Nicki is well ahead but New Classic era > Pinkprint era.

Lead single relies on Sir Mixalot and is all about her booty (but not in an empowering way like ABTB), then her latest song with Drake and Wayne is so generic yet not catchy. How can she claim that's better than Fancy or Black Widow?

Too bad Anaconda wasn't the lead single though oop

And I'm sure she wasn't talking about Only not getting a grammy nom seeing how she released it after the deadline. And her tweet talked about PF not Pinkprint

bionic

Am I reading this comment wrong because using a producer and making songs in a pop/dance genre =/= trying to appear as a different race

buy bionic

Whispering

I have to say I love that Iggy's presence is bringing up all of these necessary race discussions that had to happen at some point.

Notice how they happened with a woman. It was okay to have white male rap artists, but a woman now...that's a different story altogether!  Of course, Macklemore gets excused, because he is " a cute white boy". ;)

There is a reason they like to pit women against women and unfortunately some women fall right into the unnecessary fight.

Paper Planes

Am I reading this comment wrong because using a producer and making songs in a pop/dance genre =/= trying to appear as a different race

Two can play at this game. If Nicki Minaj wants to try to drag Iggy Azalea down in the rap industry because she's white, what happens when the shoe is on the other foot? Her little autotuned bubbly voice over some dance tracks on Pound the Alarm and Starships? Not very "super black rap goddess" to me :ohwell:

delete it fat

bionic

Two can play at this game. If Nicki Minaj wants to try to drag Iggy Azalea down in the rap industry because she's white, what happens when the shoe is on the other foot? Her little autotuned bubbly voice over some dance tracks on Pound the Alarm and Starships? Not very "super black rap goddess" to me :ohwell:

Nicki has said she's the super black rap goddess?

buy bionic

TRILL MONSTER

Remember when iggy tried to convince people and was a super black female rapper ;)

Whispering

I know they skew older and male. (from information that's been available) Not sure about race.

Archived