band

HIM Memoriam 1991-2017 / Ville Valo

lego

Fav HIM albums  

28 members have voted

1. 1. What is your favorite HIM album?

• Greatest Love Songs Vol. 666 (1997)
    • Razorblade Romance (1999)
    • Deep Shadows and Brilliant Highlights (2001)
    • Love Metal (2003)
    • Dark Light (2005)
    • Venus Doom (2007)
    • Screamworks: Love in Theory and Practice (2010)
    • Tears On Tape (2013)

Featured Posts

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Teasing Kosmo in Houston 

Dancing in Dallas 

Security blanket is now “cum rag”

In Orlando 

“good riddance” :wtf:

That smile 

Sleepwalking!

and next one @Sister ‘s SOLD OUT show

Atlanta! 🙌

FreePalestine

Can’t wait to read @Sister‘s review from last night :excited2::excited2:

Sis, you got to hear your faves, When Love And Death Embrace and Rebel Yell. :giveup: 

And Bleed Well. :wub: 

FreePalestine

:fthis::giveup: My very first and last HIM concert :saira:

I had wondered long ago after following this band, is Ville Valo truly real??!!

He is supernatural and beyond, too perfect in person. He is a shaman. A true shaman, the likes of Patti Smith, Jim Morrison and Richard Ashcroft upon the stage and his voice is beyond this planet.

He with his band is one part at times, old sweaty nonserious party rock band and another part serious supernatural poetic otherworldly tribal experience. HIM sounds great and tight together live, but Ville himself pushes it beyond on another plain. He must do his solo work after this tour or I can't live in this world any longer. I know that this is a band and a farewell tour, but seeing Ville Valo, it all really rests upon his shoulders, he drives everything up on the stage and he does it all with a natural and strong presence and finesse even while appearing so shy. It all comes across as so much more than just what he has so far offered. I hate to see this band end but only agree if he is truly coming back with solo work. He is one of the few who ultimately feel like a current true artist who would seem far from being done and running off into obscurity.

Theatre, Atlanta, GA.
Nov. 6, 2017
Buckhead Theatre
Atlanta, GA
Setlist:
01 Buried Alive By Love
02 Heartache Every Moment
03 Your Sweet 666
04 The Kiss of Dawn
05 The Sacrament
06 Tears on Tape
07 Wings of a butterfly
08 Gone with the sin
09 Soul on Fire
10 Wicked Game
11 Killing Loneliness
12 Poison Girl
13 Bleed Well
14 Heartkiller
15 Join Me
16 It's All Tears
17 In Joy and Sorrow
18 Right Here In My Arms
19 Funeral of Hearts
Encore
20 Rebel Yell
21 When Love and Death Embrace

This show felt like a family or like a homecoming. The fans love this band and are purely dedicated, HIM tshirts and Heartagrams everywhere and in all places. It felt like an exclusive party more than just a regular rock show, such love and emotion in this experience. There aren't worlds to describe hearing the song, "When Love and Death Embrace" live in person, nothing can activate the feeling and experience of being within it, BEST song of the night without question or thought. I haven't even fully absorbed it yet. I feel high. The more straight forward rock songs were on point and delivered like a BEAST, this band is spot on and Mige kills it live, but I like the softer side of this band with the more tribal and momentous romantic ballads that puts the show over on the cosmic side with Ville Valo driving the masterpiece. You can see him struggle between being a showman and interacting with the crowd and indulging in his own moments on stage and escaping into the sounds of his brothers upon the stage with him. He loves this music just like us fans.

It was an experience. I am grateful.

My favorites of the night~

Gone With the Sin

It's All Tears

When Love and Death Embrace

but every song was stellar, every moment.

VV is the most gorgeous human being that I have ever seen in my lifetime and I have seen a few special true beauties.___

______ I gotta stop writing because this site is trying to delete all that I have already written :giveup::giggle:

GREATEST NIGHT EVA~

The future's uncertain and the end is always near.

This brought tears to my eyes omg

url.gif

Thank you my beautiful friend @Sister for sharing this. :wub:

Magical night & review 🙌

FreePalestine

What he did with his voice in Gone With The Sin, no wonder it’s one of your highlights! 

I like that he was interacting with crowd, they love Atlanta <3

Beautiful venue! :giveup: 

FreePalestine

Love You @lego

We all joke on this site for Gaga that we are all members of a Cult Site and we have fun with it, but seriously, HIM's fanbase  at a concert event feels and looks like a loving Cult gathering. Most people were wearing their band shirts, either dressed up around it or just casual jeans with it. One was a standout if they didn't have on any HIM attire and everyone wore it proudly and as a tribute and was still purchasing more, the Heartagram fully represents them and their feelings in their lifetime with this music and band, it was really something to see. I mean people often wear the band t shirt at shows and there is even a long standing joke about wearing the shirt of the rock band at a show, but never like I experienced here, almost EVERYONE but I was wearing HIM tshirts and heartgrams on everything. :giveup::rockstar::gaycat::flutter:and all black and goth. I looked out of place. lol :giggle:but all was loving and embraced, like a huge never ending family surrounding the love of live music. It felt so good.:tea::pray::hug:

The future's uncertain and the end is always near.

Nirvana

What a beautiful review, @Sister :wub: Your words are like poetry, you described the show's athmosphere as if I would have been there myself too! You should write more reviews in general (if you don't do it already)

And Yes Ville is one of a kind, and has a spirit of those legends you described. And so happy you got experience all this! :heart:

Archived