Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Do you guys agree with this ATRL quote about Interscope?

Koreku

Featured Posts

Originally posted by Save-Me-Oprah  View Post
Stop blaming Interscope.
Interscope wasn't the one that fired half of her team. Interscope wasn't the one that came up with the concept for this album. Interscope wasn't the one that made her into a walking art museum. Interscope wasn't the one that put R. Kelly on the record. Interscope did the best they could with what they had to work with.

Saw that someone had this as their sig on ATRL, and it was interesting. Do you guys agree? I personally think it's pretty true  :flop:

You don't deserve a point of view if the only thing you see is you.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No i still think Interscope was largely to blame for some reason. **** was happening behind the scenes in 2013 and Gaga basically gave up fighting. Hence the mini blackout.

"Fired half her team" :smh: she fired one person.

Tove Lo

Honestly I don't understand people freaking out about Interscope controlling people.

I mean, if I'm correct Lana Del Rey is part of Interscope and she seems to be happy and not controlled.

hop on that **** like a maniac

Married the Night

No. I disagree. Ultimately she is controlled by the label and they should have had it better planned. And if there were disagreements, then they should have hammered out the era before ARTPOP even came out. Lady Gaga is too huge NOT to have each single planned out with video treatments before the album is released. Interscope and Gaga had MORE than enough to plan ARTPOP out perfectly. So, in the end, I kinda blame them both. 

Redstreak

I remember that thread. Save Me Oprah is not afraid to be blunt :rip:

Take a moment to think of just flexibility, love, and trust~

TEANUS

No I don't agree, if they thought R. Kelly was gonna be that big of a problem they would've completely told her to not release it as a promo single, let alone the second single. Also, they could've given her more time to do the video and maybe the whole mess wouldn't have happened :ohwell:

British social ladies with upturned pinkies, glasses clinking // xoxoTEANUS

XoXoJoanneGaga

I'm sure all of the problems with the album and era originated with Gaga and her management, but I doubt Interscope did much to ameliorate the situation.

No i still think Interscope was largely to blame for some reason. **** was happening behind the scenes in 2013 and Gaga basically gave up fighting. Hence the mini blackout.

Married the Night

No. She pretty much has an entire new team since TFM and even BTW. Hence why she looks so messy now compared to when she was at her peak. I actually think Gaga needs to scrap her entire current team and start fresh. All new producers, designers, choreographers , visual director, dancers, make up artist...start fresh and get some new people on her team with fresh ideas. For sure fire Tara.

Ladey Gagz

I'm sure all of the problems with the album and era originated with Gaga and her management, but I doubt Interscope did much to ameliorate the situation.

this :yes:

xoxo cupcakke

TBH, I always felt both are as equally responsible for ARTPOP's flopping. Definitely, Gaga is a huge popstar and Interscope probably thought they could capitalize on her icon and the Little Monsters but what Interscope did not know was that most of her fans grew out of her and onto the next phase in their life and also, a certain stigma was starting to be attached to Gaga as if she was the devil incarnate. Gaga probably came up with the ideas although Troy and Interscope were probably making her water it down and Gaga just went with it thinking it would be fine if she listened to her label and we all know how that ended up

Archived