Stefani Tee
Sign in to follow this  
economy

Daily Economy Thread

Featured Posts

Economy

Minimum wage of 8.50€ in Germany from today on! This will probably make Germany more attractive for east-European immigrants, and have a positive effect on my country because there'll be less east-European immigrants, which will result in less seats for populist parties :laughga:

if u adjust for currency thats roughly what minimum wage is in my Province and in most Provinces

Is that for all of Germany or just a region?

I dont know if my Country has a National minimum wage or not. If there is one every Province has surpassed it cause every province is around $11/h and i dont see the Conservatives who have been in power for nearly a decade having raised a minimum wage like that

Luc

if u adjust for currency thats roughly what minimum wage is in my Province and in most Provinces

Is that for all of Germany or just a region?

I dont know if my Country has a National minimum wage or not. If there is one every Province has surpassed it cause every province is around $11/h and i dont see the Conservatives who have been in power for nearly a decade having raised a minimum wage like that

All of Germany. It's good for the citizens and having less income inequality, but bad for businesses, especially in East-Germany. Will also make illegal work more common.

Economy

All of Germany. It's good for the citizens and having less income inequality, but bad for businesses, especially in East-Germany. Will also make illegal work more common.

with minimum wage... u either dont have one (like Germany didnt) and make businesses compete and let the market decide...

Or if ur gonna have one, then it has to be a decent minimum wage

Problem is minimum wage becomes a standard for low skill jobs like mcdonalds for instance. that becomes the norm. It becomes a standard all businesses use and there doesnt end up being any competition for low skilled jobs because every chain knows minimum wage is what their competitors will be paying their workers also, and its what young adults exepect when working at these places

The moment u decide to have a minimum wage, ur setting your-self up for having to control it because that becomes the standard. and if u keep minimum wage low, those peoples pay never rises

I prefer Germanys old way of no minimum wage and letting the market dictate it. But if ur gonna introduce one, then it has to be decent

Luc

with minimum wage... u either dont have one (like Germany didnt) and make businesses compete and let the market decide...

Or if ur gonna have one, then it has to be a decent minimum wage

Problem is minimum wage becomes a standard for low skill jobs like mcdonalds for instance. that becomes the norm. It becomes a standard all businesses use and there doesnt end up being any competition for low skilled jobs because every chain knows minimum wage is what their competitors will be paying their workers also, and its what young adults exepect when working at these places

The moment u decide to have a minimum wage, ur setting your-self up for having to control it because that becomes the standard. and if u keep minimum wage low, those peoples pay never rises

I prefer Germanys old way of no minimum wage and letting the market dictate it. But if ur gonna introduce one, then it has to be decent

Problem with the old way is that immigrants (from neighbouring Poland mostly) that are willing to do things for like €4 an hour and still work 50+ hours a week, making it much harder for for example single moms to get round :shrug:

Economy

Problem with the old way is that immigrants (from neighbouring Poland mostly) that are willing to do things for like €4 an hour and still work 50+ hours a week, making it much harder for for example single moms to get round :shrug:

theres always pros and cons. U gotta weigh them

Like i said. As soon as u have a minimum wage companies will use that as a standard for low skill employees and thats what ppl themselves will expect and so competition for low skilled labor is gone

Then u gottaanage what u think the right low minimum wage is

U just gotta make sure its what u really want. I see advantages and disadvantages of having and not having minimum wage

In the US its awful cuz its set at a low level so it becomes the standard and every low skill job pays nothing. At least most of the jobs. This refering to States that didnt set it much above the national minimum wage

KingOfSpain

Loving this thread.

http://gagadaily.com/forums/topic/227246-ceremony-gagas-videography-megarate/

Jonna Lee

omg its a hit thread :giveup:

i like it when u treat me mean it turns my mood from black to blue

Spyro

i know. Im so happy :)

this is the most discussed if you look on the front page :giveup:

Spyro the Dragon

Luc

Euro starts 2015 with a strong decline to the lowest point since June 2010.

Honestly, how is it possible that the European economy is still so meh with all these great situations? A low oil price, low euro, greatly growing American economy, record low interest rates... is there something wrong? :(

Edited by Luc

Dayum

Ukraine is the one in the worst situation though. They didn't have that much money and they were the first european xountry to ask money to the IMF in 2008, they have a CCC- rating now and the war is halting their economy so muh. War with Russia is bad because it's their main export/import partner, and the stagnation in the EU isn't helping either. Russia will be fine, you just need to put them under pressure. Sad thing is, Putin will be president/PM tipl 2028 and the Crimea will stay annexated because Putin will lose voters if he gives it back, making the Russians feel like they lost the war which can't happen.

Production cost is lower, but ther customer base is North America, and now China, so they're dependent on our economic health overall...lower oil prices will help other segments of the economy her fore creating a capital reserve to divest on domestic production as the market changes....also, domestic production means that refined products have a short distance to go to be consumed, hence lower shipping costs....small upstarts who rose during the boom will likely be the first to fail should there be a total collapse...

The issue of Iran and Russia losing approx 20% of their GDP further impacts two economies struggling with sanctions on top of it...I still see this as a political/economic battle aimed at the reducing their military funding ... they are promoting the shale/tar sands production as competition, but to me this is a smoke screen for the underlying strategy here.

Not to detract from any of you guys' arguments.

annex = correct verb, annexate = wrong; did you mean invest instead of divest?

Luc

Not to detract from any of you guys' arguments.

annex = correct verb, annexate = wrong; did you mean invest instead of divest?

Sorry, I assumed it was to annexate because of the word annexation :spin:

Economy

Euro starts 2015 with a strong decline to the lowest point since June 2010.

Honestly, how is it possible that the European economy is still so meh with all these great situations? A low oil price, low euro, greatly growing American economy, record low interest rates... is there something wrong? :(

Europe has debt overhang... All the cuts from austerity have shaved off GDP it would otherwise have

Also... The benefits of low oil prices are delayed. While its true consumers save right away... Businesses wont pass savings of lower business costs to consumers right away. They also wont hire and expand right away, they will wait to see if these favourable conditions continue

Also dont forget about secular stagnation. Severe downturns tend to be U shaped not V shaped. After the downturn because unemploymet is so weak, wages wont rise much until unemoyment falls low enough for businesses to compete for labor so for a while wage inflation in Europe will be an issue

Also young ppl are the most affected by recessions. Expect delayed household formation and the housing market will take a long time to refover as young ppl will be ready to buy their first home or apartment later than usual

That could explain why even tho rates are low and the US economy is finally powering ahead... The housing market is still stagnating

Economy

Sorry, I assumed it was to annexate because of the word annexation :spin:

its ok im terrible at spelling and grammar :sweat:

Bordeciel

nnnnn france my floppy country. But we french with our bad choice, mentality and government deserve it in a way, BAM.

congrats UK tho even if that doesn't mean it's perfect there (at least better than france!)

And congrats to the USA too! Such a great country!

^ my messy post after thinking about it :flop:

Edited by Bordeciel