đź’™ HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT đź’š

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Should we hold a Justice for ARTPOP protest at the grammys?

Born To Slay

Should we hold a Justice for ARTPOP protest at the grammys?  

36 members have voted

1. 1. Should we hold a Justice for ARTPOP protest at the grammys?

• Great idea, I'll help with the campaign!
    • If it happened I'd join in
    • Not a good idea at all

Featured Posts

monketsharona

Gaga hasn't really been relevant to pop culture since 2011, combine that with her reputation for not showing up to awards shows and I can see why they would see no reason to nominate her.

This !

Gaga needs to win back her old reputation... That's why her next album needs to impact the GP and radios... Without it she'll get no recognition at all like this year...

Gaga is clearly fading, let's be honest... But nothing is lost forever... She could return with a strong and successful album. That's why I think she needs time to rest and write very good and catchy music for her next record !

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Robinladen

If I remember correctly, I think monsters threw some type of tantrum in 2011 to get VMAS nominations and it worked. Someone here told me that.

We should ask them to replace My Everything with ARTPOP for pop album.

Born To Slay

so what you are saying is that they aren't nominating gaga for the same reason they aren't nominating your next door neighbour, yes? so no conspiracy, it's just that she's not relevant enough. yes? then what's there to protest about? it's fair game.

But the problem is, albums that sold less then ARTPOP got nominations. My Everything hasn't sold anywhere close to ARTPOPS yet it nominated over Gaga. So it can't be relevance that's the problem.

No it's not, after the ARTPOP era, award shows don't seem to want anything to do with her.

Honestly maybe everyone just needs to take a step back and look inside themselves and realise that ARTPOP isn't as great as they're deluded to think 

Born To Slay

We should ask them to replace My Everything with ARTPOP for pop album.
I'm for it even tho I love Ari

Honestly maybe everyone just needs to take a step back and look inside themselves and realise that ARTPOP isn't as great as they're deluded to think

It's a fantastic album, the reason it failed was the BTW era killed her with the GP and then the media blackout was followed by a hip surgery. Then when she came back, she got shown up by Katy and Miley.

But the problem is, albums that sold less then ARTPOP got nominations. My Everything hasn't sold anywhere close to ARTPOPS yet it nominated over Gaga. So it can't be relevance that's the problem.

because maybe they are more relevant somehow? sales don't equal relevance these days... it's about exposure and stuff. stuff that sticks. doesn't necessarily mean sales. was gaga more talked about or appreciated this time around than those other artists? that's what it's about. maybe. i don't know or care how award shows work really.

XoXoJoanneGaga

Ariana is still more relevant than Gaga in 2014 though. She's a hot new artist and she had Problem, Break Free, and Bang Bang all in one summer.

If I remember correctly, I think monsters threw some type of tantrum in 2011 to get VMAS nominations and it worked. Someone here told me that.

so you want her to get nominations based on the protests of a few fans being basically annoying rather than the nominations she gets being based on the people in charge of the show actually thinking she deserved it?

I disapprove of what you say, but will defend to the death your right to say it.

Born To Slay

because maybe they are more relevant somehow? sales don't equal relevance these days... it's about exposure and stuff. stuff that sticks. doesn't necessarily mean sales. was gaga more talked about or appreciated this time around than those other artists? that's what it's about. maybe. i don't know or care how award shows work really.

But if those artists were more liked then Gaga and more appreciated, wouldn't they sell more albums? Ariana had 4 hits compared to Gaga's 2 and she still couldn't come close to Gaga's album sales, that says a lot.

Ariana is still more relevant than Gaga in 2014 though. She's a hot new artist and she had Problem, Break Free, and Bang Bang all in one summer.

Those songs can noms over Gaga but the album itself having a nom over Gaga's album doesn't make sense.

But if those artists were more liked then Gaga and more appreciated, wouldn't they sell more albums? Ariana had 4 hits compared to Gaga's 2 and she still couldn't come close to Gaga's album sales, that says a lot.

no not necessarily at all? gaga has a huge fanbase that aren't necessarily representative of the public as a whole. some films that don't sell anywhere CLOSE to the blockbusters are hugely acclaimed and go on to win big awards. and a lot of big films get no appreciation either. a lot of big selling films are crap too and duly win no relevant awards. "that says a lot" it actually says nothing at all to me. i think you're thinking about this in black and white and it's not how it is.

it's also missing the point too. if gaga is more relevant etc etc than those other artists? why is she not nominated?

Please don't take this to heart but that would be really childish. Moreover, that won't help anybody take Gaga more seriously. It's time to let ARTPOP go. 

Out of all the real issues in the world we could protest about such as the mistreatment of minorities over the world like those of a different colour, orientation and even s-x. The murdering of our own people by Muslim extremists and the fact guns are still legal despite child deaths at a huge number every year. We're supposed to protest over ARTPOP not being nominated for a grammy?

tumblr_lpn5mtwL8X1qhbdgs.gif

Child, find something more productive to do with your time.

Born To Slay

so you want her to get nominations based on the protests of a few fans being basically annoying rather than the nominations she gets being based on the people in charge of the show actually thinking she deserved it?

If that's what works then sure, if they think Katy Perrys vocals are better then Gaga's, they clearly aren't giving it to who they think deserves but to who was most successful.

Archived