Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

PlayStation celebrates its 20th bday with a retro-themed PS4 Edition

Mr Josh

Featured Posts

playstation-4-20th-anniversary-hk.jpg

Happy Birthday, PlayStation! It's been twenty years since the first Sony console, and to celebrate its two-decade run, SCE has decked its fourth-generation console in the same colors and design licks of the original PlayStation. It's, naturally, limited edition (12,300 consoles will go on sale, matching the launch date of the PS1), and even the controller, camera and (jeez) power cables will all get a coating of 1994 Grey. But what if you already own a PS4? Or don't fancy your chances of snagging one of the limited run? You can still get your dose of nostalgia, as Sony's also released a PSone theme for it's current console -- complete with vintage start-up sound -- you just need to download the latest firmware update. Take a closer look at the full detail (and videos) below. We'll add more pictures when we can -- but if you're game for some gray, preorders start December 6 in the US.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gDLJ6S-Br0E

via engadget

--

give_it_to_me_stephen_colbert.gif

witchcocktor

that is beautiful! i dont enjoy the futuristic appearance most electronics have nowadays so this is very refreshing.

"Retro" and it's the one I got as a kid :awkney: **** I feel old

who will love me when the night is over

Crash Bandicoot, my whole childhood :giveup:

OMG, same! :giveup:

Coco and him are my best friends

crash_bandicoot_1_by_sherrybirkinfan227-

I'm currently playing Crash Bandicoot Warped

Hog_wild.gif

tryna go ask Alice, tryna catch that rabbit

hughdancy

It looks amazing :giveup: but it's soooo limited and the easiest way to get one is at the Playstation event in Vegas :(

Slay!!! I can't believe it' been so long. I still remember playing it; good times with simple yet amazing games. 

It is not our differences that divide us. It is our inability to recognize, accept, and celebrate those differences. - Audre Lorde

SlaeUrAnus

They could at least give us a new game entirely free  :coffee:

I can still remember when I had my PlayStation 1 though :flutter: Playing games like Crash Bandicoot, Tomb Raider and Bugs Bunny. 

In my messy era.

OMG, same! :giveup:

Coco and him are my best friends

crash_bandicoot_1_by_sherrybirkinfan227-

I'm currently playing Crash Bandicoot Warped

Hog_wild.gif

My fave is Cortex Strikes Back, although Warped was my first. I feel nostalgic now, need to play again :giveup:.

Archived