💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Australian press BASHES Katy Perry's paparazzo protests

Yanko

Featured Posts

Katy Perry's complaints about Sydney paparazzi were unjustified when she could have arranged access to a private, not a public, beach.

Katy Perry is acutely aware of how famous she is. There is no doubt she is a master manipulator of the media and her own image, which she tightly controls. So why on earth was she not staying at a property with its own private beach? There are plenty of those around Sydney. A public figure - not least a celebrity with 60 million-plus followers on Twitter - in a public place will always be of interest, and not just to the paparazzi. A fan with a camera phone would have been shooting away too.

But things went from unfortunate to apoplectic on Sunday when Perry posted on Twitter: "Remember AUS anyone printing or posting unauthorised photos of me in a bikini from these DISGUSTING/PERVERTED OLD MEN is AGAINST my will!" She included photos of the paparazzi who "stalked" her the day before. The media picked up on the story and claimed she had been ambushed at a "famous nudist beach", however Perry never actually set foot on sleepy Obelisk Beach in Middle Harbour.

In reality Perry was enjoying the delights of her $20,000 a day superyacht, with heavily tinted windows which was moored off the beach. Not far away was a boatload of paparazzi who were doing what paps do: following famous people around and photographing them in public places, which in a free and democratic country like Australia, is totally legal ... you can't get much more public than Sydney Harbour.

Another Twitter tirade from Perry ensued, leading to legal threats from high-profile Sydney pap Jamie Fawcett who claimed he had been defamed, well and truly turning the tables on the traditional paparazzo versus celebrity stoushes we are familiar with. Though, in this case, it is still not clear who the actual victim was.

http://www.smh.com.au/lifestyle/celebrity/private-sydney-katy-perrys-protest-over-paparazzi-too-shrill-20141129-11ta15.html

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm torn, i dislike the idea of paparazzi to begin with, but they are right when they say that fans take photos. It's also true that artists like Gaga use the paparazzi. Idk, the whole idea of celebrity is extremely weird when you think about it.

All artists like Katie Perry, Rhianna, Beyoncé, Gaga and many more use the paps/press constantly to promote themselves (in fact Gaga is probably one of the worst) so they can't have to many complaints what the Paps don't leave them alone as they are just doing their jobs.

They should just do what Gaga does the most ---- Tell the paps where they will be and at what time then give the paps a few minutes to take their pictures and then leave them alone. The paps seem to appreciate that and usually go away.

Diamond Heart

i dunno how i feel about this. im really one of those people that feel like celebs shouldnt complain about Paparazzi, just because if i could make the money theyre making for doing what theyre doing, getting pictures taken all the time isnt really a big deal compared to the benefits of you recieve, plus they could just spend extra money on security like Gaga does. Which ive heard a lot of celebrities really dont like doing just because its costs a lot.  

However, i dont ever recall KP complaining about the paps before, and everyone should be allowed to vent and criticize the paparazzi's when they feel like there stepping over a line, which Katy clearly thought they were.

"GGD IS NOT FOR YOU" - Admin

Archived