Yanko

Featured Posts

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Brooke Hoegan
u guys are acting like madonna/katy fans on atrl in gaga threads 

:applause: :applause: :applause:

somebody's pouring a boiling tea straight to some pressed, tight assholes on here

Haroon

Congratulations to Nicki :applause:

I don't see why people are unhappy or whatever, a record is a record and she's met the conditions :shrug: It's like saying Gaga's multiple top 10s mean nothing because not all of them hit #1 :huh:

iloveit123

Digitial singles have made it all so much easier for Hot 100 entries over the days of the 90's and previous, and for artists to say they've sold 80 million records... complete B.S.

How can you compare them though? Let's say Nicki releases a new album and the release week, 7 new songs chart. Do those 7 new songs get added to the record? If so, then with the lack of purchasing single songs during the peak of Madonna's career, the numbers just can't be compared. I know they could have gotten radio play but I doubt it would have been enough for anyone to pull off more than a few songs at once. Please someone enlighten me on the process  :)

How can you compare them though? Let's say Nicki releases a new album and the release week, 7 new songs chart. Do those 7 new songs get added to the record? If so, then with the lack of purchasing single songs during the peak of Madonna's career, the numbers just can't be compared. I know they could have gotten radio play but I doubt it would have been enough for anyone to pull off more than a few songs at once. Please someone enlighten me on the process  :)

nobody is comparing them :rip: 

StrawberryBlond

The whole record means absolutely nothing. Digital music has changed the industry, so it's not fair how someone still so new in the industry can overtake the number of charted songs by a veteran performer and have it be considered a credible record. Nicki has only 2 albums and 1 re-release, so her chart record being tied with Madonna's 12 albums over 30 years is ludicrous, no matter how you look at it. Not only does digital applications mean people can cherry pick individual songs from albums instead of buying the entire thing but artists also do promotional singles now, which wasn't a thing back in the day either. Then you've got the likes of Justin Beiber releasing a new song every week which can chart. The music industry is so utterly different now that most entries in the charts cannot be credibly chronicled anymore. All the new artists are overtaking the older ones just because of the new digital systems in place, so there must be two lists: most chart entries in the 50's-2002 period and most chart entries in the digital age. For artists who have made music in both eras, their songs will be counted in the era they were released. So, an artist like Madonna will be lower as she's only released 4 albums in the digital age, but she'll be higher ranked in the previous era's list. Also, it's no surprise that it's rappers that are breaking these records because they do features all the time and yes, features do count as your chart entries, even though it isn't your song. So, that means rappers have an unfair advantage over non-rappers. The only stuff that should count is your solo work (including ones that feature other people).

Seriously, records involving singles now have the sub-division of "bestselling physical singles" and "bestselling digital singles." I don't know what happens if a single is both physical and digital (the UK still does that around Christmas). So, if there's subdivisions there, I can't see why there can't be subdivisions elsewhere.

Well congrats to her i guess ;)

I've got an "F" and a "C" and I got a "K" too And the only thing that is missing is a bitch like "U"

Archived