Die With A Smile Spotify Banner

Gaga spoke about Starlight at artRave, Glasgow

lego

Featured Posts

monketsharona

Seriously her show is boring..

When you wait more than 10 hours in front of the arena and you get the boring act of Starlight you can be pissed.. Fortunately Gaga arriving on stage make you forget about it :)

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Fiona Apple

Artistic integrity is about sticking to your art and not changing to appeal to the masses. Just putting that out there.

And I wanna see the vidoe. Gaga probably spilling some tea. :applause:

When did playing repetitive beats for 45 mintues became art lol..?

Where did you see Starlight complaining? It upsets Gaga, cause monsters are rude about it.

In her facebook..I agree it's not right to be rude to her.But her show should change

Elizabeth

In her facebook..I agree it's not right to be rude to her.But her show should change

She wasn't complaining there though...if anything she was making fun of the fact people don't like her set. 

Tropico

When did playing repetitive beats for 45 mintues became art lol..?

art:

Works produced by human creative skill and imagination

She is a human. She produced it. She used her imagination to come up with the beat. Therefore it is art.

And tbh if you don't like it, you could simply express it in a polite way.

Or put in your earphones and wait till Gaga starts.

Or pitch up late if she bothers you that much.

Either way, you don't have to be rude.

♢ Social Justice Enthusiast ♢

I understand Gaga. Starlight is her friend and she wants all the best for her, that's why she always invites Starlight to open for her.

However, people who don't like her acts can't be blaimed for not liking certain forms of 'art'. 

I saw Starlight's set for BTWB opening. Me and my sister were actually laughing at her. I wish we were laughing with her.. We had no idea what's going on and thought that either we aren't drunk enough to understand it, or it's some form of high art that only certain people get it or maybe it's just too silly to make sense. But we were confused. People shouldn't be rude to Starlight, but then after witnessing her act I understand why some of them are. 

Fiona Apple

She wasn't complaining there though...if anything she was making fun of the fact people don't like her set. 

She kinda did.. "For all the true techno fans who are confused by me and Surgeon's performance at the Lady Gaga show: Don't worry, the audience hated us. and have hated my live techno set since the tour began. The universe is intact." It's like she is saying that her show is for true techno fans and she can't really understand that her show is repetitive and boring..I seriously like her a lot as a person ,I 've also talked to her.But she needs to understand.

art:

Works produced by human creative skill and imagination

She is a human. She produced it. She used her imagination to come up with the beat. Therefore it is art.

And tbh if you don't like it, you could simply express it in a polite way.

Or put in your earphones and wait till Gaga starts.

Or pitch up late if she bothers you that much.

Either way, you don't have to be rude.

I wasn't rude though lol.. Btw to me art is not anything that a person makes with imagination.Art needs to be something with a meaning or at least entertaining..

Starlight gave an interview in 2012 saying she doesn't want to be entertaining to the audience, she just wants push buttons; If too many people started liking her set, she'd change it until they didn't understand it again. 

I mean, her set isn't really my thing, but I appreciate she has her own visions and artistic integrity. 

GagaMyBlood95

She is a great friend of Gaga's and I'm okay with that, but Gaga you can't make us like something if we don't like it...

ThatSLAYGUY

If I recall correctly, I watched one of her interviews and she says she hates it when people like her acts :thetea: 

Starlight gave an interview in 2012 saying she doesn't want to be entertaining to the audience, she just wants push buttons; If too many people started liking her set, she'd change it until they didn't understand it again. 

I mean, her set isn't really my thing, but I appreciate she has her own visions and artistic integrity. 

^^^ This was the interview 

starlight is queen  :giveup:  mad or nah?

Don't be insecure if you heart is pure, you're still good to me if you're a bad kid baby.

Hmm. I agree with LG.

Starlight actually has an amazing stage presence and there's definitely something to be said for someone who has the guts to play with experimental sounds in front of 10,000+ people a night who are attending to listen to pop music.

I myself enjoyed her set, it did exactly what an opening act should: get you dancing around and pumped up for the main act.

People just don't know how to appreciate music that isn't pop.

zexion_armando

If I recall correctly, I watched one of her interviews and she says she hates it when people like her acts :thetea:

^^^ This was the interview 

Literally for what purpose?

If she wants to troll onstage for laughs and giggles, then perhaps you might as well give the opening slot to someone who would actually try to appreciate it.

She can go back to opening for Judas Priest instead, lol.

Well, when she creates sets hoping people wont like it, in a attempt to "push buttons", thats kinda rude to the thousands of people who paid a lot of money to see pop music and have a fun night out, i mean i dont agree with tic for tac but i can understand why some people would be annoyed at her, at the end of the day we did pay for a show so we are consumers and the consumers always right :shrug:

Gaga should just give her a smaller time slot next time  and give the big time slot to some up and coming pop singer or something

LADY GAGA/madonna/katy perry/little mix/ariana grande/selena gomez/britney spears/taylor swift

ThatSLAYGUY

Literally for what purpose?

If she wants to troll onstage for laughs and giggles, then perhaps you might as well give the opening slot to someone who would actually try to appreciate it.

She can go back to opening for Judas Priest instead, lol.

I KNOW! I hate it when people are being weird and quirky for the sake of it. I no longer really feel bad tbh 

Archived