💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Since when loving ARTPOP became delusion in here?

VforVendetta

Featured Posts

Psychedelic

There was no need to try. Your conversational tactics did the work for you.

And your appreciation of lyrical contents have done the work for you... no need to be reminded ARTPOP is a masterpiece to you again please, thanks in advance!  :classy:

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply
heavymlover

Ugh yes. You cannot say anything positive about the era anymore because that automatically makes you a delusional fan.

Psychedelic

You can;t compare the lyrical content of BTW and ARTPOP though simnply cause they are very different albums. THey are both dance albums but BTW is an empowerment record with 80s and other influences while ARTPOP is a pure EDM dance record with some RnB and Poprock (aka more dance) and has the theme of adding art elements to Pop. This is why the lyrical highlights of ARTPOP are not full songs like in BT Wbut phrases and concepts inside the songs. THe only songs on the album with full sophisticated lyrical content are ARTPOP, Dope and Gypsy, aka the non-dance tracks of the album. So the lyrics of ARTPOP are on point imo, there is no reason to try and add depth somewhere that not only it won;t bring any good but it will also harm the record. BTW couldn't have the same lyrical construction with ARTPOP caus eit would feel ''not enough'' and pointless.

I understand all you say and agree with that, they're both different album concepts, but that doesn't make any less true the fact, yourself mentioned and I highlighted.

djBuffoon

And your appreciation of lyrical contents have done the work for you... no need to be reminded ARTPOP is a masterpiece to you again please, thanks in advance! :classy:

Yet again, you're bringing up subjective material as if there is no other correct answer. :lmao: It's really not sinking in.

What bugs me is when members here say that people dislike the album because it wasn't as successful as her previous. :thetea:

I honestly could not give a flying crap if you like it, in fact I'm glad you like it and wish I could too. I personally found the whole sound of the album off, it's just uninteresting. The whole album would have been far more interesting being produced under a better producer making a house, garage or jungle album instead of people who were obsessed with chasing the dragon of their fifteen minutes (Zedd) and someone who clearly struggles to produce outside of Trap/Rap on their own (DJWS, even though he done a good job on DWUW). Both were diabolical on ARTPOP, DJWS sounds like he just gave up halfway with the production or just stripped everything interesting from his instrumentals and then there's Zedd who I'm sure just thrown a few instrumentals at Gaga for her to sing over hoping he could grab another hit off her. THANK GOD FOR MADEON SAVING THE ALBUM THOUGH. I could go on forever about how the production is perhaps the biggest problem with ARTPOP but no matter what I say, the reply will be.. "No it's cause you don't like that it didn't sell as much" :sharon:

I find it delusional that people assume the world would love this album when it's just uninteresting, from lyrical choices (which we won't go into) and that abysmal production effort from the two main producers. For example, I'll use my mum as an example. She adores (well, maybe adored) Gaga to the point I'm pretty sure she listened to her more than me :rip: She was desperate to see her and paid for me and her to go to the BTWBAll and she loved it. Now, when I asked her if she wanted to listen to ARTPOP she said she didn't want to, I asked why and she said the songs she performed at iTunes (Yep, she watched the livestream) weren't that good but she liked Sex Dreams but then she heard me playing the album a couple times and she said it sounds boring :air: I played her the Sexxx Dreams that was on the album and she said it doesn't sound as good anymore. Now my mum doesn't have a clue how ARTPOP sold, in fact she probably assumed it done really well but she said it sounds boring, which I have to agree with. It's bloody boring.

Now I'm just gonna sit back and wait for that WP. At least I can listen to Venus, DWUW, Mary Jane Holland and Gypsy whilst I wait  :whip:

Psychedelic

Yet again, you're bringing up subjective material as if there is no other correct answer. :lmao: It's really not sinking in.

No hun, that is absolutely not subjective, and you will have to deal with that! 

:bye:

VforVendetta

I understand all you say and agree with that, they're both different album concepts, but that doesn't make any less true the fact, yourself mentioned and I highlighted.

My point was though that songs with fully sophisticated lyrics wouldn't serve the purpose of the album. The way the songs are now they have their meanings and they remain pur dance songs as well. This is the recipy of the album. :yes:

djBuffoon

No hun, that is absolutely not subjective, and you will have to deal with that!

:bye:

It is, and always will be, subjective. Sorry, friend, but what you are speaking is the very meaning of "delusional". C'est la vie :kissga:

VforVendetta

What bugs me is when members here say that people dislike the album because it wasn't as successful as her previous. :thetea:

I honestly could not give a flying crap if you like it, in fact I'm glad you like it and wish I could too. I personally found the whole sound of the album off, it's just uninteresting. The whole album would have been far more interesting being produced under a better producer making a house, garage or jungle album instead of people who were obsessed with chasing the dragon of their fifteen minutes (Zedd) and someone who clearly struggles to produce outside of Trap/Rap on their own (DJWS, even though he done a good job on DWUW). Both were diabolical on ARTPOP, DJWS sounds like he just gave up halfway with the production or just stripped everything interesting from his instrumentals and then there's Zedd who I'm sure just thrown a few instrumentals at Gaga for her to sing over hoping he could grab another hit off her. THANK GOD FOR MADEON SAVING THE ALBUM THOUGH. I could go on forever about how the production is perhaps the biggest problem with ARTPOP but no matter what I say, the reply will be.. "No it's cause you don't like that it didn't sell as much" :sharon:

I find it delusional that people assume the world would love this album when it's just uninteresting, from lyrical choices (which we won't go into) and that abysmal production effort from the two main producers. For example, I'll use my mum as an example. She adores (well, maybe adored) Gaga to the point I'm pretty sure she listened to her more than me She was desperate to see her and paid for me and her to go to the BTWBAll and she loved it. Now, when I asked her if she wanted to listen to ARTPOP she said she didn't want to, I asked why and she said the songs she performed at iTunes (Yep, she watched the livestream) weren't that good but she liked Sex Dreams but then she heard me playing the album a couple times and she said it sounds boring :air: I played her Sexxx Dreams was on the album and she said it doesn't sound as good anymore. Now my mum doesn't have a clue how ARTPOP sold, in fact she probably assumed it done really well but she said it sounds boring, which I have to agree with. It's bloody boring.

Now I'm just gonna sit back and wait for that WP. At least I can listen to Venus, DWUW, Mary Jane Holland and Gypsy whilst I wait  :whip:

Can you not act like a martyr or something though just to justify your opinion? Noone is gonna give you a WP. :koons:

First of all idk what you listen to cause I found the production top of the class except from Gypsy maybe. There are some predictable productions, mainly from Zedd but even these are great.

And your mother is not an indicator about the quality of an EMD (21 centure electronic music style) album I'm afraid. And no, people of older ages can't fully realise the music of the younger ages, the same way that most of us can't appreciate Jazz as well. DIfferent ages, different music sounds from young age, different circumstances. 

Can you not act like a martyr or something though just to justify your opinion? Noone is gonna give you a WP. :koons:

First of all idk what you listen to cause I found the prouction top of the class except from Gypsy. There are some predictable productions, mainly from Zedd but even these are great.

And your mother is not an indicator about the quality of an EMD (21 centure lectronic music style) album I'm afraid. And no, people of older ages can't fully realise the musi cof the younger ages, the same way that most of us can;t appreciate Jazz as well. DIfferent ages, different music sounds from young age, different circumstances. 

Haha you'd be surprised darling :koons:

See the production sounds awful to me, so uninspired by any real motive apart from "this sounds like it could be on the radio" and even then, she made awful choices in what radio-friendly sounds to go for but then again she probably made the decisions two years ago based on American radio. She should have made a dance album with actual popular dance music over what sounds like (and shock horror, turned out to be) Zedd rejects. There are so many interesting "dance" artists and producers yet she chose to work with the one who had far outspent his 15 minutes.

That's not a fair statement to make at all but then again you proved you're not aware at all about dance music in a previous conversation so of course, you would think that. What is ARTPOP's audience age then? Those who don't know any sub genre of Dance music but heard Zedd for the first time on their hello kitty radios two years ago?

Psychedelic

My point was tgough that songs with fully sophisticated lyrics wouldn't serve the purpose of the album. The way the songs are now they have their meanings and they remain pur dance songs asd well. This is the recipy of the album. 

Yes the lyrical content of ARTPOP serves well for the album's concept. I'm not denying that, but it doesn't make any less true the fact that the lyrical content of BTW is more meaningful and deep. I love both albums in their own right but my purpose was just to higlight the lyrics.

It is, and always will be, subjective. Sorry, friend, but what you are speaking is the very meaning of "delusional". C'est la vie :kissga:

NO. I can understand the album concept of ARTPOP worked well for your taste, in addition to its awesome arragenments. But when you do talk about an album whose lyrical content includes themes such s-x, fashion, s-x, a little of art incorporation, a few stardom stories, s-x, s-x, and living for the applause to another album that incorporates religion, politics, being who you are, standing up for yourself, feminism, love, leadership, and the belief of reuniting with a loved one that passed away in another dimension, to the concept lyrics. You can't have a subjective comparison, you just CANNOT, because that'd be the definition of delusion and ignorance! DEAL!!! 

:oops:

djBuffoon

I find it delusional that people assume the world would love this album when it's just uninteresting, from lyrical choices (which we won't go into) and that abysmal production effort from the two main producers. For example, I'll use my mum as an example. She adores (well, maybe adored) Gaga to the point I'm pretty sure she listened to her more than me :rip: She was desperate to see her and paid for me and her to go to the BTWBAll and she loved it. Now, when I asked her if she wanted to listen to ARTPOP she said she didn't want to, I asked why and she said the songs she performed at iTunes (Yep, she watched the livestream) weren't that good but she liked Sex Dreams but then she heard me playing the album a couple times and she said it sounds boring :air: I played her the Sexxx Dreams that was on the album and she said it doesn't sound as good anymore. Now my mum doesn't have a clue how ARTPOP sold, in fact she probably assumed it done really well but she said it sounds boring, which I have to agree with. It's bloody boring.

Now I'm just gonna sit back and wait for that WP.

LMFAO what kind of random assumption, a warning point. ;)

Okay, if you want to use outside references: on numerous occasions since last November, at parties, small gatherings, etc, I would play the album for my friends. Some fans, others were casual listeners, either way most of them didn't even know Gaga has a new album out.

And you know what, they absolutely loved it. Every time, no matter who I played it for, it won them over. In fact, many of them took it upon themselves to get the album. And some of them, who had been unimpressed with Gaga's work in the past, thought that it was some of her most impressive material. Now, you can go ahead and claim that they don't have taste, but the majority of my social circle are very talented musicians and artists.

NO. I can understand the album concept of ARTPOP worked well for your taste, in addition to its awesome arragenments. But when you do talk about an album whose lyrical content includes themes such s-x, fashion, s-x, a little of art incorporation, a few stardom stories, s-x, s-x, and living for the applause to another album that incorporates religion, politics, being who you are, standing up for yourself, feminism, love, leadership, and the belief of reuniting with a loved one taht passed away in another dimension to its lyrics. You can't have a subjective comparison, you just CANNOT, because that'd be the definition of delusion and ignorance! DEAL!

No.

CakeLikeLG

some people stan for success, not music. such people dont tolerate other music tastes very often so they say you are delusional by loving a "flop album". I think ARTPOP is her best work to date

live each day like Gaga might drop an album

LMFAO what kind of random assumption, a warning point. ;)

Okay, if you want to use outside references: on numerous occasions since last November, at parties, small gatherings, etc, I would play the album for my friends. Some fans, others were casual listeners, either way most of them didn't even know Gaga has a new album out.

And you know what, they absolutely loved it. Every time, no matter who I played it for, it won them over. In fact, many of them took it upon themselves to get the album. And some of them, who had been unimpressed with Gaga's work in the past, thought that it was some of her most impressive material. Now, you can go ahead and claim that they don't have taste, but the majority of my social circle are very talented musicians and artists.

I'm glad to see the tears caused by me discussing ARTPOP has cleared and helped you unblock me  :teehee:

I've played it to my friend's too and they disliked it immensely, some of which are also very talented musicians, to the point they sell out venues in my city on their own name, not that I see why being able to also create the craft would mean your opinion on it is more important but then again, that's your usual fall back. "I KNOW PEOPLE WHO CAN PLAY AN INSTRUMENT AND THEY LIKED A SONG!!!1" :shrug:

I'm not here to say "If you like it, you have no taste" etc, I said in my post, I wish I could like it as some of you clearly do but I simply don't and I also know people who don't, the whole point of me mentioning this was to dismiss the argument that people only dislike it because of sells, when that's clearly just BS from what I've spectacled.

Archived