Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Is 'ARTPOP' a masterpiece to you?

Bradley

ARTPOP - Masterpiece or not?  

255 members have voted

1. 1. ARTPOP - Masterpiece or not?

• HEIL TO ARTPOP! Even better than her past albums!
    • Great album but... I WAS BORN THIS WAY BABE!
    • Try harder...

Featured Posts

Bradley

If we look at her songs individually: Born This Way has the masterpieces, but to call an album a 'masterpiece' you have to look at it as whole and this is where Teeth, Americano and Applause/J&D/Dope say hi.

I'm tempted to call The Fame a masterpiece.

Americano is one of the best from Born This Way and one of the tracks that should have been released as a single to me. The only disappointing tracks from Born This Way were Fashion of His Love and Hair, and Dope from ARTPOP. (I actually like Dope but I don't think it's that of a great ballad, I mean Fashion! is way more acceptable than Dope)

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply
giskardsb

What she needed was a more public friendly album to milk as much as she could from the TFM's success.

This is exactly what a normal pop star would have done.  Thank God Gaga isn't a normal pop star.

PMKKARDASHiAN

This is exactly what a normal pop star would have done.  Thank God Gaga isn't a normal pop star.

Wasn't that what TFM was....

BTW and ARTPOP are both uneven, with flashes of brilliance and messiness.

TF and TFM will go down as her early classics.

As much as it hurts to say this, TF and TFM really are the only ones i listen to from start to finish. Skipping only Eh, Eh and Speechless on their respective albums.

With BTW and ARTPOP i probably skip almost half the albums. Both albums are brilliant but awkward at the same time. Im only just beginning to really see why Gaga is not as popular anymore.

Fans try to think of a million reasons why Gaga isnt as popular when the answer is really simple. Why would anybody stop listening to an artist's music? Because of the music itself. People only buy albums that are holistically satisfying. And im not talking about being "coherent" conceptually. Im talking about sonically. An album has to hit it right as a whole to be enjoyable.

Cakelikelenny

I really love ARTPOP, so yes. But i have to say i don't like MANiCURE but ARTPOP has songs that are true masterpieces like gypsy and donatella

Well, ARTPOP hasn't turned to be what i expected, or many others. Its just a nice pop album to me, with half good songs, and the others a just okayish. I could never compare it to TFM. TFM will always be legenderay just because i can put it on and listen to whole EP. With ARTPOP i can just listen to certains songs and not every day, same goes for BTW. But BTW just had an amazing message behind it, thats why i love it.

So, ARTPOP as Album will never be a masterpiece for me, but Applause definitiv is, still enjoy it everyday.

Tommy Monster

It is :gaga: no doubt about it :legend: Aura, Venus, ARTPOP, Swine, Gypsy, Dope, and the whole album basically is just :legend:

It delivered big!!! :gaga: and I don´t care what charts or people say, it is her best music with best message, in fact, it got all the BTW message better than BTW :ohwell:

Rolodex of Hate

All of her previous albums were so classy, well thought through and amazing, but for me, ARTPOP had no clear concept and the album design was messy -all her previous work had a clean, aesthetically pleasing design and I just felt more comfortable in her previous albums/eras :shrug:

TFM and BTW quality wise >>>> ARTPOP :coffee:
:tea:
We have no legal choice but to stan

Born This Way and The Fame Monster are masterpieces

ARTPOP is a really great album that I love very much but it still has it's flaws *cough* JnD *coughs* *coughs* some lyrics *coughs*

Tommy Monster

And for those of you wondering about the concept, the album is acctually about your insecure part of yourself getting in harmony with your inner being, in other words: who you really are vs. who you show the world :yes:

Think about duality through the first half of the album:

Aura- Her true self being hidden behind the aura

Venus- Duality of Goddes and a Planet- looking for love ar different places

G.U.Y- duality man and woman

Sexxx Dreams- duality of dream and reality

J n D- duality of bussines and family, but fading a little

MANiCURE- duality in the name of the song, but less in the lyrics- it´s like it´s fading

DWYW- duality of soul and body, and maybe that there are two singers (kinda reaching now, but :ohwell: )

and then... ARTPOP- two parts of yourself finally belong in one piece- the ART part of you: your soul, and the POP part of you- your physical body :legend:

duality dissapears...

Swine- as a being who belongs in harmony, Gaga is more confident to tell people what she thinks about them :ohwell:

Donatella- idgaf attitude, I know who I am and I don´t care

Fashion!- I own the world, need I say more???

MJH- Lady of the Dum won´t be a slave to the blond- again, ignorrant attitude, confident with who she is

with Dope she falls because after these four songs she realizes that she can get nowhere with hate so

with Gypsy she truly finds the way to belong through love

Applause closes it all, confidently, she is complete

It´s fascinating, really fascinating, and some of you call it shallow :toofunny:

Archived