• Donkey Kong Country
    • Donkey Kong Country 2: Diddy Kong's Quest
    • Donkey Kong Country 3: Dixie Kong's Double Trouble
    • Donkey Kong Country Returns
    • Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze

Featured Posts

Stan for this ICONIC video game series.

Brief Chronology and info on the series:

For those of you who are not familiar, the first three games in the series were released in the mid to late 1990s for the Super Nintendo and they were some of the most amazing games for the Super Nintendo imo.

Donkey Kong Country

Dkc_snes_boxart.jpg

Donkey Kong Country 2: Diddy Kong's Quest

DK_Country_2.jpg

Donkey Kong Country 3: Dixie Kong's Double Trouble

Dkc3_snes_boxart.jpg

In the early 2000s, the first three games in the series were remade for the Gameboy Advance.

Then in 2010, the series was re-ignited with the release of a fourth installment to the Donkey Kong Country series for Wii: Donkey Kong Country Returns

donkeykongcuontryreturns.jpg

Then a fifth addition to the series in 2014 for the Wii U: Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze

91%2BxZjhGTSL._SL1500_.jpg

If you're a fan, please discuss and vote for which game is your favorite from the series! :party:

My personal favorite of the series is Donkey Kong Country 3 because of how much it reminds me of where I live: a]the temperate climate region North America. Plus I love the music and level designs. More particularly I love the Gameboy Advance remake of DKC 3 better than the SNES version because of the extra world they added called Pacifica which has some of my favorite levels.

Alien Tulip

One of my favorite video games of all time. I haven't played any of the games for the wii though. In middle school a lot of kids would make fun of me and call me diddy kong :toofloppy:

DKC2 is my favourite video game of all time, with the best video game soundtrack of all time (by David Wise). Dixie is one of my fav video game characters too... and I was hoping she'd be in the latest Super Smash Bros.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J67nkzoJ_2M

One of my favorite video games of all time. I haven't played any of the games for the wii though. In middle school a lot of kids would make fun of me and call me diddy kong :toofloppy:

While I enjoy the new ones for Wii and Wii U they don't compare to the original three to me. 

DKC2 is my favourite video game of all time, with the best video game soundtrack of all time (by David Wise). Dixie is one of my fav video game characters too... and I was hoping she'd be in the latest Super Smash Bros.

DKC 3 is my fave but DKC 2 has the best music I must admit. Stickerbush Symphony and whichever song is played on Ghostly Grove and Gusty Glade are amazing :legend:

My childhood, same with Mario too :giveup:

I loved Returns for the Wii, that was huge. Literally played it every day!

heavyMetalGAGA

You took all of the words right out of my mouth.

Listening to this soundtrack floods my mind with all of my amazing childhood memories I had growing up. I'm in college now & whenever I play these games I instantly get those positive feelings back. Dixie Kong's ability to fly was spectacular. She would be such a fun addition to Super Smash Bros. It's a shame they have to keep adding duplicate characters like Dr. Mario and Mario, or Link & Young Link instead of new characters like Dixie Kong. 

Anyway, DKC2 was my favorite out of all of these. The Wii editions are fun, but just not as special to me. My favorite animal friends were probably Winky the Frog from DKC, or Squitter the Spider from DKC2 :)

WinkyWalkwayCountry.png

Thanks for the awesome thread! 

You took all of the words right out of my mouth.

Listening to this soundtrack floods my mind with all of my amazing childhood memories I had growing up. I'm in college now & whenever I play these games I instantly get those positive feelings back. Dixie Kong's ability to fly was spectacular. She would be such a fun addition to Super Smash Bros. It's a shame they have to keep adding duplicate characters like Dr. Mario and Mario, or Link & Young Link instead of new characters like Dixie Kong. 

Anyway, DKC2 was my favorite out of all of these. The Wii editions are fun, but just not as special to me. My favorite animal friends were probably Winky the Frog from DKC, or Squitter the Spider from DKC2 :)

WinkyWalkwayCountry.png

Thanks for the awesome thread! 

You're welcome!

I'd say my favorite animal is either Enguarde or Squitter. I love them both so much :giveup:

Actually let me add a poll option for favorite animal.

EDIT: Nevermind it won't let me :toofunny:

Omg, this whole thread

:cryga:

:sara:

I LOVE DONKEY KONG COUNTRY 2, DIXIE IS MY FAV :emo:

tryna go ask Alice, tryna catch that rabbit

RAMROD

Tropical Freeze have a very good graphic and nice gameplay.

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ be delulu until it becomes trululu (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

I love the first one the most. DKC2 was amazing, but i broke so many controllers because of it. DKCR is my second fav, but i'm sure DKCTF would replace it if I had a Wii U.

Darcklighter22

DKCTF is pretty fun bf got it on the eShop still prefer the original SNES ones tho

Archived