💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Would waiting until 2016 to start the next era damage Gaga's career?

Born To Slay

Featured Posts

well i hope she does not wait too long for it tbh.....i can see it happen in like Q3 2015 or Q4 2015 but if not that than early 2016 (like january early) 

I've got an "F" and a "C" and I got a "K" too And the only thing that is missing is a bitch like "U"

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Whispering

No. A few months...even a year isn't going to make a difference and certainly isn't going to "damage her career". :roll:

aaronyoji

I think it probably goes both ways.   Some songs end up changing for what some will consider the worse, others will end up changing for the better.  Many of the later we might not have heard in their original forms and so we don't know what actually changed.  We just hear the obvious changes in songs that we didn't like.

For me it's more a matter of Gaga spending more time smoothing out lyrics.  I like a lot of her esoteric lyric writing but sometimes things don't flow as smooth as they could or could be better rewritten in a different way.  For example, I think the whole "chola" bridge of BTW could have been rewritten with the same intent in manner that fit the song better and sounded less "clunky."  I think that bridge might have kept BTW from becoming even a bigger anthem than it did.  Or think of the "EL Camino" lines in Marry The Night, which comes off as rushed and trying to fit too much into a space.

Her early piano based work such as Captivated, or Speechless, or even Dope, showed that she can really build great lyrical songs when she takes the time to do it.  I'd like to see her really work that part of her craft.  Many of the great pop songs are great precisely because they have excellent lyrics work.  Think everything by Elton John for example.

hmm interesting, yeah those lyrics u mentioned end up seeming innocuous and out of place in the bigger picture of those song's meaning and what became her most anthemic album, born this way imo. 

granted i think born this way has her best productional/lyrical content to date, it was just so unfiltered and just creative. like the bridge in judas, or her use of metaphors. then i think of lyrics on ARTPOP like the "dont u know my ass is famous" or the bridge to dwuw where she just goes "take my body and dont stop the party" (which she says the second line in s-x dreams as well) it was just such a shallow attempt at seeming cool again, which i feel fans pressured her into doing. "gaga give us fun! dont give us creative!!1 no one is here for that mess gurl!!11" 

giskardsb

granted i think born this way has her best productional/lyrical content to date, it was just so unfiltered and just creative. like the bridge in judas, or her use of metaphors. then i think of lyrics on ARTPOP like the "dont u know my ass is famous" or the bridge to dwuw where she just goes "take my body and dont stop the party" (which she says the second line in s-x dreams as well) it was just such a shallow attempt at seeming cool again, which i feel fans pressured her into doing. "gaga give us fun! dont give us creative!!1 no one is here for that mess gurl!!11" 

she can be creative and yet still have excellent song craft.   Bad Romance is an example of a creative and well crafted lyrical song. Well, except for the "Completely random unrelated bridge" she likes to do at times.

That said, I prefer unfiltered off kilter Gaga lyrics to overly polished lyrics and songs that lose the Gaga edge.  Thats why I'm not a big fan of "The Fame".  Almost everything was over-polished and too pop perfect for my tastes.  Too glossy, little depth.

Paper Gangsta

No...Gaga needs a break and fans and the GP need to miss her a bit....she needs to find inspiration again and make this next album perfect and take her time....no need to rush

No she doesn't need GP to miss her, she had two years break after BTW and look what happened. Also most of GP wasn't even aware of ARTPOP

TimisaMonster

No she doesn't need GP to miss her, she had two years break after BTW and look what happened. Also most of GP wasn't even aware of ARTPOP

The GP will want Gaga back....

The GP not knowing about ARTPOP is due to a lack of promo IN THE US....she did a lot elsewhere when she should've done that when she was on tour

Stream my new single, 💜"Heartbeat"💜, on Spotify!

aaronyoji

she can be creative and yet still have excellent song craft.   Bad Romance is an example of a creative and well crafted lyrical song. Well, except for the "Completely random unrelated bridge" she likes to do at times.

That said, I prefer unfiltered off kilter Gaga lyrics to overly polished lyrics and songs that lose the Gaga edge.  Thats why I'm not a big fan of "The Fame".  Almost everything was over-polished and too pop perfect for my tastes.  Too glossy, little depth.

same here, not to mention the fame is quite amateur for her, which is wierd. its like anti music, it has a lot of spoken word, repetitiveness, no syncopation, her affectation, cheap production, nasally autotuned vocals, it just doesnt feel like REAL gaga to me, like someone pretending to be gaga. 

Bloody

You can't really predict what would happen to Gaga by using another artist as an example. Britney and Gaga are at very different points in their careers so your a--logy makes no logical sense to me. 

LittleBoot

I don't know if the timing should matter. Make good music and promote it, the rest is up to the audience and what they happen to like. Sometimes you never know what catches on and what doesn't.

No...Gaga needs a break and fans and the GP need to miss her a bit....she needs to find inspiration again and make this next album perfect and take her time....no need to rush

CapeCodVenus

I don't think so because no one is paying attention to her except for little monsters (at least where I am). I think it has to do with the material and less the release date.

I agree she needs some time for herself to get inspired, however GP really has a break from her since 2010/2011. Rush may impact her next album negatively, however going into another big blackout would kill her career completely in terms of GPs attention.

GP doesnt wait for her, doesn't know about ARTPOP either. In this case time is Gagas enemy in my opinion.

Archived