Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Why other pop artists are still hugely popular, but not Gaga.

Quark

Featured Posts

She's not following the trends that is why.
In 2009 - 2010 she made the dance music back

In 2011 she turned rockier when EDM was on top (LMFAO, Rihanna)
In 2013 she turned EDM when alternative pop/retro was on top (Lorde, Imagine Dragons, even Roar)

• Replies 302
  • Created
  • Last Reply

She's not following the trends that is why.

In 2009 - 2010 she made the dance music back

In 2011 she turned rockier when EDM was on top (LMFAO, Rihanna)

In 2013 she turned EDM when alternative pop/retro was on top (Lorde, Imagine Dragons, even Roar)

True. Rihanna's management team does a great job by following trends and adjusting to the music industry right now. 

But I doubt Gaga will follow someone, she'd rather set her own standards. 

But the thing is that if she wants fame back, she has to adjust to the industry, I don't think she will come up with something extraordinary that will hot #1 everywhere like Poker Face, she is just not fresh anymore. 

Taylor has had a much longer career, building up fanbases - this is her peak (and hopefully can keep it up!). Unfair to compare them in this context.

A King With No Crown

giskardsb

Gaga is not as popular simply because she is unique. She doesnt follow the status quo. She makes music unlike what others are doing. She thinks and acts differently than pop stars are supposed to. She supports causes at the risk of alienating some.

This should be celebrated not derided. Those calling for Gaga to toe the line in order to be popular should be ashamed of themselves TBQMFH.

I think I know what the problem is. I don't think hype has anything to do with music. Cause if it sounds good, people will like it.

People now wanna hear music people can dance to. They wanna have fun and blast it at parties. TF and TFM had that. Born This Way did too and could've been for the GP if they haven't given up after MTN, which I think failed because of the lyrics.

Gaga was gone a year and I don't think people knew she was back because her music hasn't been getting a lot of airplay. Mainly because the album is too weird and whose gonna blast a song called Venus or ARTPOP at a party. The album is too weird for them and who could blame them.

Lady Gaga/ Madonna/Lana /Azealia Banks/ Jazmine Sullivan/ DEEE-LITE/ Moko

The album sold very well, and it is still selling well. Jazz is just not what most young people would buy (not even some monsters). So all the sales came from some monsters and the GP. Also, Gaga is kind of an artist that keeps changing. She never is going to be just pop (even if this causes a decrease in her popularity).

right. :yes:

But if I had to choose between ARTPOP and C2C I would choose C2C because it sounds better.

I just think people aren't hear for the lyrics of ARTPOP or for the album's themes

Lady Gaga/ Madonna/Lana /Azealia Banks/ Jazmine Sullivan/ DEEE-LITE/ Moko

every time i see threads like this i wonder why do people care whether she  is popular or not? we're fans of the music right? were not fans of whoever is making the most money for her/his record company. we dont like her music because its popular we like it because we heard it and thought it sounded good.

why cant this forum focus more on the music and not so much on where it is in the charts or how much the album is selling or how many awards it gets? TFM could have flopped hard as hell but i would have still bought it because it doesnt matter how much or how little someone else likes it. i liked it and thats all that should really matter. when adele was topping charts and ****ting grammys every 5 seconds people here were legitimately upset about it as if adele's success was somehow ruining the songs gaga had made.

i'm just going to stop right here because i know i'll never understand this stuff

I disapprove of what you say, but will defend to the death your right to say it.

You had numbered several points and it was second meaning it was clearly a major point of interest to you. I just had you elaborate on it because its was the only one of your points besides the first that felt valid. Your third point being "no one cared about art" which is just irrelevant really in regards to the albums underperformance and "koons isnt interesting" which is your own personal opinion and quite honestly once again somewhat irrelevant to the topic at hand. Your 4th point I addressed in my first response to you, or I addressed in a post on here anyway, and the music is not dated, not a matter of opinion. Your 5th point being the odd one, that she didnt stick to the spot she made for herself, people want her weird or normal. I mean...when she was "normal" people thought she was weird and when she was actually sort of weird I guess people responded the same way they did before. You say she was being half-assed and like...I see what you mean, I dont fully agree but I also agree that she was underwhelming. I don't think she completely lacked quality this era though and you kind of gloss over the good aspects and focus on the negative which is really your prerogative but I mean I dont think this era was totally fruitless however it was ultimately disappointing.

I don't think her responding to criticism was the issue, it was the passive aggressive way in which she responded to it that I didnt care for but ultimately I just dont really care about all of that anyway. She made a few songs that I liked as much as anything off her other albums and I still see the influences in her music come through that made me like her in the first place. At the root of who she is as a pop star I like where shes coming from and I like her influences and her potential. So unlike all of the overdramatic pop stans out there, one average album with an underwhelming era doesnt really make me rethink everything about her and make me question whether or not I think shes dope or whatever. I could care less about her philanthropy or how genuine she is when she makes an appearance on Jimmy Kimmel or Ellen personally.

In relation to the topic though, I think I already stated all of the reasons shes not "as popular" as the basics and I mean that. I really do think Taylor Swift and Katy Perry are pretty basic. Not to say people shouldn't like them or that they havent made a song or two that I could consider enjoyable.

Not particularly, I just opened up on that one point because it was one that I had personally felt. I believe you've taken what I said far too seriously considering neither me, you or anyone in this thread can exactly pinpoint why Gaga has dropped in popularity as there is no right or wrong answer, the topic is grey, all we can do is offer opinions. I appreciate your opinion on mine but I don't agree with you and you haven't offered anything to actually convince me otherwise.

The only reason I questioned her was because of the company she is choosing which was pretty clear if you read the context of the conversation I was having with another member.

You see, I see Gaga on the same level as them. Just because she gets thrown up on and wears versace does not put her above her peers, if anything lyrically she could possibly be below some of her pop peers in quality but it's cool, I still love her.

I'm not a moderator anymore. :toofunny: I'm too honest and sort of a loud mouth (aka I don't hold back), so I've gotten myself into trouble. 

Yes! That's what we all have to remember in the end. We a fans, thus, we do not have a true perception of her as a person. We know her as the artist and anything she lets us see (intentionally and unintentionally). We are all individuals and we all perceive these things differently, our very own perception. A lot of our expectations of her are unrealistic. She is HUMAN.

Her previous team was with her up until ARTPOP. I don't really see a major difference in her behavior now than in her previous eras where her team was present. I'm not sure what you're saying. Examples, please?

Oh! I'm kind of glad because your opinions are too interesting to be slightly sedated with a crown, you have your own anyway  :teehee:

Exactly! We expect far too much from her, sometimes to the point the pressure must be absolutely killer on her! She deals with the pressure well but I feel like she struggles to take on board criticism which is fair enough, it must be hard to take when you believe you're doing your best piece of work yet!

I meant how time has progressed and her original team has disintegrated she has been more emotionally open and expressive. It's obviously got it's perks however it also means she could slip out with the wrong thing, like the Katy shade for example?

Other artists don't annoy you because they don't say much in the first place. Gaga is not afraid to constantly speak her mind, about social issues and herself. So she is bound to annoy or anger people that don't agree with her opinions or actions.

Not really? Many artists are openly expressive but repress the urge to whinge?

Something can be both attention seeking and artistic. It doesn't need to be one or the other. Also, art is meant to bee seen and a--lyzed. So you obviously need to seek attention. Public may not like that, but she is just doing what she wants.

Please elaborate on the bolded part before I reply further.

Oh! I'm kind of glad because your opinions are too interesting to be slightly sedated with a crown, you have your own anyway  :teehee:

Exactly! We expect far too much from her, sometimes to the point the pressure must be absolutely killer on her! She deals with the pressure well but I feel like she struggles to take on board criticism which is fair enough, it must be hard to take when you believe you're doing your best piece of work yet!

I meant how time has progressed and her original team has disintegrated she has been more emotionally open and expressive. It's obviously got it's perks however it also means she could slip out with the wrong thing, like the Katy shade for example?

Not really? Many artists are openly expressive but repress the urge to whinge?

Please elaborate on the bolded part before I reply further.

Artists need do something to make people pay attention to their art/performance/music. In Gaga's case her art is already controversial in itself, so people take her actions as only attention seeking but not as art.

Artists need do something to make people pay attention to their art/performance/music. In Gaga's case her art is already controversial in itself, so people take her actions as only attention seeking but not as art.

Oh ok! I thought you were saying "you" as in me :rip:

Oh yes I agree however when Gaga was able to do something 'shocking' people could buy into it being in the name of art however I just feel now she's shown us a more open side to her that it may be hard for people to see it as something other than a scream for attention? It's not critique of her but more about how she could be perceived in the future?

Very true. I'm not sure I'm good as a "professional" leader because I tend to say what's on my  mind, and I don't sugarcoat. I can lead by example and act professional when need be, but I'd rather just be a little more relaxed.

I do agree that she doesn't handle criticism too well. She never really did though. Look at her earlier interviews (2008/2009). I think she was much more uptight and b---hy then, and she showed it. She still does but I feel like she's a little more mature about it now; however, like you say, she does slip up from time to time. If you use Wayback Machine, you'll see where she DID shade celebrities from time to time. She used to update ladygaga.com. Trust me, I think she's gotten a lot better with it.. but she also didn't "preach" back then the way she does now. But, as humans, we all slip up from time to time.

I suppose it would be the management's "job" to mediate this, though and her publicists job to keep her reputation intact.

Very true. I'm not sure I'm good as a "professional" leader because I tend to say what's on my  mind, and I don't sugarcoat. I can lead by example and act professional when need be, but I'd rather just be a little more relaxed.

I do agree that she doesn't handle criticism too well. She never really did though. Look at her earlier interviews (2008/2009). I think she was much more uptight and b---hy then, and she showed it. She still does but I feel like she's a little more mature about it now; however, like you say, she does slip up from time to time. If you use Wayback Machine, you'll see where she DID shade celebrities from time to time. She used to update ladygaga.com. Trust me, I think she's gotten a lot better with it.. but she also didn't "preach" back then the way she does now. But, as humans, we all slip up from time to time.

I suppose it would be the management's "job" to mediate this, though and her publicists job to keep her reputation intact.

I still remember her Paris Hilton post, oh my god :rip: I've heard of other posts and what not but never read them myself, I'll have to find them soon :sharon:

Yeah, she's been a lot more humble as of recent and I'm hoping this stays for a little while. I do laugh when she's being shady but it tends to just add a lot of fuel to the flames when she pokes fun at something she's been accused of plenty of times :ohno:

I still remember her Paris Hilton post, oh my god :rip: I've heard of other posts and what not but never read them myself, I'll have to find them soon :sharon:

Yeah, she's been a lot more humble as of recent and I'm hoping this stays for a little while. I do laugh when she's being shady but it tends to just add a lot of fuel to the flames when she pokes fun at something she's been accused of plenty of times :ohno:

Oh lord. I only remember the Paris Hilton one too. I need to go back and look. It kinda supports what Perez Hilton claims. He said that Gaga spent a lot of time complaining about people copying her, like Natalia Kills, for example. She sort of shaded Katy recently, and then those posts in the past. :rofl: Oh God. Or that "The Rise and Rise of Lady Gaga" book... it also touches on that subject.

I love humble Ga. I need this one to stick. I love how relaxed she seems and how comfortable and happy she is. It makes me happy and I have fallen in love with her all over again. 

Oh lord. I only remember the Paris Hilton one too. I need to go back and look. It kinda supports what Perez Hilton claims. He said that Gaga spent a lot of time complaining about people copying her, like Natalia Kills, for example. She sort of shaded Katy recently, and then those posts in the past. :rofl: Oh God. Or that "The Rise and Rise of Lady Gaga" book... it also touches on that subject.

I love humble Ga. I need this one to stick. I love how relaxed she seems and how comfortable and happy she is. It makes me happy and I have fallen in love with her all over again. 

It was hilarious for many reasons but also really awkward :sharon: Yeah, I mean she does seem to be a little obsessed with checking up on what people think, can't blame her cause I might be the same :rip:

Yeah same, she radiates a little happiness when she's humble but upbeat! She needs more people like Tony Bennet in her life to keep her grounded on a few things!

Archived