Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Why other pop artists are still hugely popular, but not Gaga.

Quark

Featured Posts

Robotboy

:fail:

they killed ARTPOP after 1 single and the tour was still one of the most successful,

shes slaying with a fking jazz album

tumblr_inline_n6exdkGCFa1qzlbxm.gif

Remember that you are unique. Like everyone else.

• Replies 302
  • Created
  • Last Reply
SISTERV

i never understood this tbh... mainstream just means what most popular and accepted...

why does mainstream have to automatically mean untalanted or a sell out?

I happen to like Katy Perry. Just because shes mainstream and easy to digest doesnt automatically mean her work is crap :shrug:

I mean I just think Katy Perry is really popular right now and works with the right people. But tbh, Katy could never pull the **** Gaga does. And thats what I mean....like Gaga tries to actually bring art into pop. 

I do however feel Katy is at her best when she writes darker stuff and her image is darker. I Kissed A Girl was actually kinda polarizing and Part of Me/Wide Awake had dark elements that were beautiful 

Bloody

The "problem" I think is that she never established her self as a strictly POP MAINSTREAM artist.After the Fame Monster even if she was considered to be weird, she experimented with her music and style(look at BTW and ARTPOP).Look at her now,she released a jazz album.
The fact is that the GP hasn't a clear image of her like Rihanna for example.She keeps on changing and taking risks

I think ARTPOP

The album was definitely not basic or lifeless. All you need to do is play this album next to all the other albums release in 2013 and you will immediately see its uniqueness, and grandiosity. Is Just that the artsy message did not connect with many people, and poor management worked against Gaga's original plans.

I think a lot of people are forgetting what Gaga does. She brings art into pop. I mean literally. People are suggesting you can only be artistic if you aren't mainstream and that if you are mainstream you can't be artistic. 

Gaga can make great pop music, that is weird. 

ARTPOP failed because although it was her most cohesive sounding album it was rather basic and lifeless. 

TFM was one of her most successful eras, and one of the most successful eras anyone has seen in a very, very, very long time. Born This Way was also an amazing album, but with extremely poor single choices, which I think ultimately started the decline in Gaga's popularity, despite great album sales of BTW. Her unfortunate hip incident also didn't help, as she was not in the spotlight for a very long time. Sadly though, ARTPOP did not live up to the hype, and was an extremely disappointing album for many, including myself. She was gone for too long because of her hip, and no songs on ARTPOP had that "something" that would make her able to come back stronger than ever and pick up where she left off from BTW. 

Fiona Apple

Katy has started her decline after the flop of Birthday and This Is How We Do. Both songs flopped (#17 and #25 perspectively) and she can't recreate the success that she had until Dark Horse.

Unconditionally also didn't do well.. She is obviously not irrelevant or something..But she really declined from her last album.. This one has only 2 hits.

People are bored of all the weird "acts" now, even though Gaga isn't an act  :toofloppy: + It is still considered "Gay" to like Gaga. 

GagaMyBlood95

Of course - I honestly don't even consider her as a "pop girl" because when you compare her to others, she obviously doesn't belong there...

It's not like something is wrong with the rest of the pop girls, it's just that Gaga is something else.

Redstreak

but when she was at her peak she continued to get weirder and weirder

as i mentioned, too much of anything isnt good

being different and standing out worked in her favor... she eventually she went too far, even some fans found some of her stuff weird and stuff... she turned people of :shrug:

What I was trying to say is that maybe the reason ARTPOP is considered disappointing popularity wise is because maybe the music was just that, disappointing.

Take a moment to think of just flexibility, love, and trust~

Fiona Apple

WHich other pop artists? Everyone has been flopping left and right. ARTPOP sold more than any album this year

Well that's not true xD But ARTPOP did sell well for 2013's sales

Not necessarily crap, but basic, simple, and relatable.

i never understood this tbh... mainstream just means what most popular and accepted...

why does mainstream have to automatically mean untalanted or a sell out?

I happen to like Katy Perry. Just because shes mainstream and easy to digest doesnt automatically mean her work is crap :shrug:

gaga's song are layered with many meanings and trivial metaphors...there is still people who think that telephone is about lazy-gaga on the dancefloor

SISTERV

Of course - I honestly don't even consider her as a "pop girl" because when you compare her to others, she obviously doesn't belong there...

It's not like something is wrong with the rest of the pop girls, it's just that Gaga is something else.

I remember when the GP actually put her on a pedestal. Like......she was a league ahead of everyone else and the entire industry was shooting out weirder artists left and right to imitate Gaga's success. 

Gaga....at one point....had Beyonce embarrassed to call her.

She had queen B knocking on her door asking for permission to come in. 

Think about that. 

Lona Delery

OMG  :duck:  Great social experiment. Guess this is the "legacy" of BTW ha gay era

yep, but anyway, they now listen to it but don't admit xD

And mess at the English in my post :deadbanana:

Sometimes it feels like I've got a war in my mind, I wanna get off but I keep riding the ride

MonsterRocket

she's extremely polarising, and doesn't want to appease just for chart success, and in my opinion this will benefit her greatly in the long run compared to her peers

That is my point. I like the things she does, but what she does may not appeal to a broad range of people. Resulting in loss of popularity and sales.

But Gaga was able to do all those things you say make her unpopular at her peak.

Archived