Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Why other pop artists are still hugely popular, but not Gaga.

Quark

Featured Posts

I think she has to go basic in her popmusic. OK some guys in here will probably want to kill me but it's the truth. When you make music you do it for the fans but also for other people (maybe new fans). 

The Fame and The Fame Monster were songs with a message (and also Born This Way). And that's were it stops...

Please an album with songs like: aphrodite, lady seashell bikini? We could belong together ARTPOP? 

Ask the fans, a lot can not answer this question about her new album ARTPOP: What does all of the songs mean. And don't come up with things like: combining art and pop. That's basically the thing she did her whole career.

She has to make basic pop (Max Martin, Dr. Luke, Red One, Fernando Garibay,...) and some lyrics with a message and please not so many metaphores, people don't understand this s**t.

Amen.

i have to agree.The fame,TFM and BTW were albums that are easily understandable for everyone and they were still controversial,but whemn it comes to ARTPOP no one gets the story behind it i mean just name of the album is too much non less songs and thats why everyone didn like it + messy era xDDD.I think if she makes songs like from TF,TFM and BTW she will be big again or she can make good songs with some other genres like rock i would be here for that.But she needs to do this as fast as she can.

I've got an "F" and a "C" and I got a "K" too And the only thing that is missing is a bitch like "U"

• Replies 302
  • Created
  • Last Reply
BloodyM

IMO the main problems were over hyping, timing(rushing) and choosing the right singles.

If we got Scheisse, Edge of glory, MTN (Zedd Remix) and ending with BTW(acoustic version) BTW the album would have been more successful .

Venus, DWUW, Aura and SexxxDreams (no the gp won't like Gyspy) from ARTPOP and once again the album would have been more successful.

Gaga gave up too quick on ARTPOP, its only been a year since the release of the album, we should be on the 4th single right now ending the ARTPOP Era the way it was meant to be.   

Each career has it's highs and it's lows. Gaga is on a low right now because of the lack of ARTPOP promo and the fact that the GP doesn't stan for Jazz music. I feel like her next era will be a big one if it's done properly.

don’t you know my a** is famous

i have to agree.The fame,TFM and BTW were albums that are easily understandable for everyone and they were still controversial,but whemn it comes to ARTPOP no one gets the story behind it i mean just name of the album is too much non less songs and thats why everyone didn like it + messy era xDDD.I think if she makes songs like from TF,TFM and BTW she will be big again or she can make good songs with some other genres like rock i would be here for that.But she needs to do this as fast as she can.

Thanks! Someone who understands me!

But I also want to say is. I have read all the comments on this forum... I have too much time in my life, seriously I have to do something usefull... But whatever.

What I want to say is that we probably want this:

- Some new pop music (more basic and less electro-aggresive)

- Lyrics with a message and a meaning everyone understands (and a lot of people can relate to)

- Weirdness (her outfits) but not over the top with too much naked or something like that, just weirdness

- Gagavision or something like that. So people can see the nice, warm, talented and funny person she actually is.

- Some good management thanks to ArtistNation (part from LiveNation).

Only about 2-3 Gaga videos could be seen that way. Most Gaga videos are clearly unique, and can only be atrributed to Gaga. Also, the controversy also damaged Madonna for periods of time. She just kept coming back. But Gaga could do the same. I never said that she won't be very successful ever again.

If you're applying concrete themes to Katy's video, you have to do the same to Gaga's, how exactly do you describe Applause? It might be unique (it is imo) but it's no more or less so than some of Katy's videos. Sure certain themes have been done before (and better), but that equally applies to Gaga. I don't see anything special about the Just Dance video; if you want to be really pushy "hedonism" has been done far better before.

The controversy argument doesn't work really work either because Madonna continued to rebound from far more controversial "stunts" and comments than Gaga has ever done. 

Only about 2-3 Gaga videos could be seen that way. Most Gaga videos are clearly unique, and can only be atrributed to Gaga. Also, the controversy also damaged Madonna for periods of time. She just kept coming back. But Gaga could do the same. I never said that she won't be very successful ever again.

The controversy didn't damage Madonna at all times, only when it was really extreme. Gaga has never been as controversial as those moments 

SISTERV

I agree. Madonna wasn't as popular in the 90's as people think. She was just constantly in the news. After Vogue, it pretty much slowly slid down hill for a few albums until she came back with Ray of Light. 

SISTERV

iow: Madonna couldn't outdo herself after the slayage that was Vogue. So then Erotica came out and the Sex Book, and although over promoted and highly publicized still had sinking sales. Then of course was her mid-90's attempt at R&B pop (Bedtime Stories) that stylistically was popularized by Mariah, TLC, Janet etc which had even lower sinking sales. Then there was Something to Remember, a ballad album that led to her first number one in 6 years but the album tanked. So she took a break, self-a--lyzed, and then she had Lourdes, things started looking up, she calmed down, and shocked everyone again with Ray of Light bc I think absence made the heart grow fonder for the GP...they missed her antics. And she seemed genuine for once. Relatable again. But still unapologetically Madonna. 

I think that says a lot about what Gaga needs to do for her career. 

But it did. During the 90s, her albums sales clearly decreased. Also, while there are definetly different degrees of controversy, the GP only notices that something is controversial, whether is a big controversy or not. Plus Gaga has done many things that could definetly turn the GP off. Such as using animal meat as a dress, vomiting performance, saying that she is in love with Judas, ect.

The controversy didn't damage Madonna at all times, only when it was really extreme. Gaga has never been as controversial as those moments 

monsterdreams

Because she makes clever music and doesn't just try to please the GP

Haters gonna need more than a flashlight for my shade

But it did. During the 90s, her albums sales clearly decreased. Also, while there are definetly different degrees of controversy, the GP only notices that something is controversial, whether is a big controversy or not. Plus Gaga has done many things that could definetly turn the GP off. Such as using animal meat as a dress, vomiting performance, saying that she is in love with Judas, ect.

The like a virgin performance was considered controversial, it didn't affect her sales at all. Like a prayer was considered controversial and it's one of her best selling tracks and albums. Erotica affected her sales but it was really controversial

SISTERV

tumblr_inline_ndiffveFgb1qf3eh3.gif

ARTPOP and Venus happen to be some of my favorite songs, so I hope she continues to make stuff like that. And if you listen to her interviews about ARTPOP, you'll notice that she wrote a lot of it for herself, not for the fans/public. She used it to heal herself. That's also one of the reasons she's reluctant to release anything from ACT II - she likes the idea that it's HER music, and that it doesn't get butchered by public opinion. 

If you ask me she should just keep being inspired by whatever is happening in her life. I love ARTPOP just as much as her other albums. The only thing I'd maybe like is if she'd stop trying to rebel against everything :laughga: but on the other had that's just her personality and it's kinda cute. The last thing I'd want is for her to become basic. That's not why I became a fan, and that's not why she became an artist. Let her keep taking risks, and perhaps one day it will pay off big again. And above all, that's what makes her happy.

I just hope she doesn't pull a Britney and keep all the good songs for herself and then get lazy with what she releases. I'd be so ****ing sad tbh if she ever did anything that was obviously half-assed. 

The like a virgin performance was considered controversial, it didn't affect her sales at all. Like a prayer was considered controversial and it's one of her best selling tracks and albums. Erotica affected her sales but it was really controversial

its a little different for a debut act. someone's whose been around for a while can be polarizing. Imagine if Miley went to the VMA's and did another Twerk-A-Thon next year at the VMAs. Talk about embarking on the death of your career. 

ie: Justin Bieber. It was cute at first. But then he overkilled it. And now his entire fanbase is embarrassed to call themselves Believers. 

The point of this thread is that it will always be harder for Gaga to score huge hits, just because of the kind of artist she is. All the other pop stars are easily more relatable to more people because they do stuff that is normal or that won't offend anyone.

Archived