💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Billboard: Taylor Swift's '1989' debuts with 1.287 Million!

SomethingMore

Featured Posts

nativenewyorker

"aphrodite lady seashell bikini" says hi. I love venus but let's not. It's pretty much a fact that Taylor's a better lyricist. 

Gaga write her own songs yes, but that doesn't mean they are better. Gaga's best lyrics wer eon TFM since then... 

Taylor's songs sound like a 13 year old's diary. Venus is a surrealist pop song, it's supposed to be a nod to '70s disco with fun, fantasy-filled lyrics. Taylor doesn't know anything about that, she's restrained by love songs and relatable teenage girl topics. Not to mention the fact that Gaga's songs usually have several layers which give meaning and dexterity to her work. She actually makes you think, where as Taylor just makes accessible, blanket pop that isn't polarizing or inventive at all. I'm sorry, but there's just no comparison between Gaga and Taylor when it comes to writing music.

P.S. A good song writer is versatile. Gaga's covered many genres, not just pop and country-pop. 

• Replies 808
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No... Don't ever compare Gaga with Taylor.. Taylor is good but really basic..Gaga is on an other level lol

lol yes I will compare. Taylor may not have the blood stained theatrical performances but she is an amazing songwriter, just like Gaga is at her core

And I wasn't even comparing

who will love me when the night is over

That really is incredible! No one ever seems to talk or stan about her but she always sells so good in comparison to other pop girls who sell 1/10th of that   :duck:

Congrats, very well deserved  :party:

Taylor's songs sound like a 13 year old's diary. Venus is a surrealist pop song, it's supposed to be a nod to '70s disco with fun, fantasy-filled lyrics. Taylor doesn't know anything about that, she's restrained by love songs and relatable teenage girl topics. Not to mention the fact that Gaga's songs usually have several layers which give meaning and dexterity to her work. She actually makes you think, where as Taylor just makes accessible, blanket pop that isn't polarizing or inventive at all. I'm sorry, but there's just no comparison between Gaga and Taylor when it comes to writing music.

P.S. A good song writer is versatile. Gaga's covered many genres, not just pop and country-pop. 

stop, it's time to take off your stan glasses off. Lyrically, Venus means nearly nothing. The metaphores are too far fetched to mean anything. ARTPOP in general is very messy lyric wise (eg: Donatella; ARTPOP; Gypsy; Aura)

Taylor is at least consistent 

Songwriting: Taylor>>>Gaga

nativenewyorker

stop, it's time to take off your stan glasses off. Lyrically, Venus means nearly nothing. The metaphores are too far fetched to mean anything. ARTPOP in general is very messy lyric wise (eg: Donatella; ARTPOP; Gypsy; Aura)

Yepp, it is time for you to take them off.. and yea this line about metaphors doesn't make any sense at all?

Fiona Apple

You know what ? You better enjoy that your fav Taylor is doing very well on charts right now instead of comparing her with artists with a much higher musical education and talent lol

lol yes I will compare. Taylor may not have the blood stained theatrical performances but she is an amazing songwriter, just like Gaga is at her core

And I wasn't even comparing

Well she is ok at lyrics (not even really good because she usually writes about the same damn things) but her melodies are so simple and usual..Gaga's melodies are AMAZING and her lyrics may be really weird some times but they are special and meaningful in their way..

Yepp, it is time for you to take them off.. and yea this line about metaphors doesn't make any sense at all?

Sis, stop defending gaga, ARTPOP is just try had especially when it comes to the whole art thing and the lyrics are gaga's worst.  

Not her selling what some haven't even reached in one week. Lol! Can't even sit here and say she isn't doing exceptional, cause she is. I've always been a casual listener of T.S, but this album really is enjoyable. I genuinely love it.

Gaga's melodies are AMAZING and her lyrics may be really weird some times but they are special and meaningful in their way..

delusions of a gaga stan

GagaMyBlood95

sis, her last solo album is her weakest/worst album. Everyone can reach a new low and it's ok. But it doesn't mean she serves quality usually that this album is amazing. 1989>>ARTPOP

I'm not here to defend Gaga on a GagaDaily forum lol That would be funny, but are you really being serious with this?

It's okay to stan for someone who is having a huge success, but let's not discuss or even just compare ARTPOP's songs, lyrics and melodies to Taylor's 1989 songs... Let's not..

Y'all can't congratulate someone else, keep it cute, and move on? Never mind, I forgot what forum I'm on. Just so petty.

Get ya panties out of a bunch and listen to Style.  :giggle:

nativenewyorker

Sis, stop defending gaga, ARTPOP is just try had especially when it comes to the whole art thing and the lyrics are gaga's worst.  

No sis, stop defending the basic. You're mad that Gaga "tried" to make a meaningful album? And the lyrics are not even close to Gaga's worst. Do What U Want, Gypsy, and Dope are not even close to her worst. 

You wanna see some bad lyrics, take a look at Welcome to New York, Welcome to New York, Welcome to New York...etc.

Archived