Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Billboard: Taylor Swift's '1989' debuts with 1.287 Million!

SomethingMore

Featured Posts

Whispering

:duck: I haven't seen those things being said about her here on GGD for myself, but I believe you. It's terrible!!!

I wish all this negativity would at least slow down, whatever artist you're a fan of. :(  Stanning culture sucks, makes you deluded towards other artists and your own fave sometimes. 

I've seen them all...too many times to count. I agree, it is terrible! There are opinions and then there are just downright rude and ridiculous comments. If the comments against Gaga were controlled, perhaps it would have an impact on the overall atmosphere around here.

Meanwhile:

Taylor Swift's '1989' Surging Toward 1.2 Million-Plus Debut

NEWSCHART ALERT

By Keith Caulfield | October 29, 2014 6:31 PM EDT

Taylor Swift's 1989 continues to rack up monster sales, as industry forecasters now say the album could sell over 1.2 million copies in its first week (ending Nov. 2).

It's thus nearing the 1.21 million bow of her last album, 2012's Red (which was also the last release to sell a million copies in a week, according to Nielsen SoundScan).

The new album was released through Big Machine Records on Oct. 27 and is Swift's fifth studio album. It should easily debut atop next week's Billboard 200 chart, when its top 10 is revealed (along with Swift's official sales figure) on Wednesday, Nov. 5.

Sources say 1989 sold over 600,000 albums in its first day on sale and set a pre-order record in the U.S. iTunes Store, surpassing One Direction's 195,000 pre-order figure with last year's Midnight Memories.

If 1989 sells as forecasted, it will become the biggest-selling album released in 2014 after only one week on sale, have the largest sales week by any album since Red, and make Swift the only act to earn three million-selling weeks.

:shocked:

Coming for that record....  :legend:

• Replies 808
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Applause for her, but mostly for her promo team.

I love judas SO MUCH but I canʹt look like a copycat of JLO!!!!

She has the single sales, she has the album sales, she has the tour sales...

Yeah, you could say she is the #1 pop girl - but she really has just a plain ordinary voice and ordinary catchy predictable songs and that's the reason I can't stan for her  :sweat:

Her power on the other hand - is undeniable!

Yup.

yASSsss

Her use of social media and promotional schedule were on point

1. Shake it Off generated so much hype

2. So did Out of the Woods

3. She leveraged social media so well - after booking all the top promo spots for the week she posted her schedule for fans - who would no doubt watch and promote it to their friends

4. She's been posting competitions, fun videos all over Twitter, Facebook and Instagram

don't forget the Bad Blood controversy.it created a lot of buzz :giggle:

Call me by your name and I'll call you by mine

You all are saying its a bad album, yet it has a higher Metacritic score than Cheek to Cheek, ARTPOP, Born This Way and The Fame  :duck:

When people drag in Gaga to prove their own star, they just had to insult Gaga.

kZASkh3.gif

Go Taylor btw, 1989 is fantastic :applause::party:

Curunir

TaylorDaily hitting 23 pages on this thread :legend:  :legend:  :legend:

:awkney:

You all are saying its a bad album, yet it has a higher Metacritic score than Cheek to Cheek, ARTPOP, Born This Way and The Fame  :duck:

What critics think and what we as individuals think are two different things, one can have an opinion on their own you know :ghostney:

TaylorDaily hitting 23 pages on this thread :legend:  :legend:  :legend:

:awkney:

Yeah, she has a new album out and we're discussing it. So?

who will love me when the night is over

Redstreak

The new 1.2M+ predictions were made just yesterday and we're expected to have a final prediction Friday. Red was still only projected to be 1M+ at this point. COuld she actually beat Brit's record?? Third time's the charm I suppose :giveup:

Take a moment to think of just flexibility, love, and trust~

Redstreak

tbh I'm surprised it's doing this well on Metacritic. I kinda expected it to be a bit below Fearless seeing as how critics are ruthless to pop music but I'll definitely take that 75 :legend:

Take a moment to think of just flexibility, love, and trust~

In its first two days of availability, the Swift album has scanned 450,000 units at iTunes; 247,000 units at Target and about 30,000 at Walmart, and 50,000 through Amazon/Starbucks/Best Buy those sources say. Consequently, industry prognosticators now project that Swift will scan about 600,000 for the week at iTunes, 410,000 at Target and 70,000 at Walmart, for a total of 1.08 million at those three merchants alone.

WOW.

http://www.billboard.com/articles/business/6304029/taylor-swift-1989-retail-sales-forecast

Spears currently holds the record for the highest one-week sales by a female artist with first-week sales of 1,319,000 copies

Archived