đź’“ DAWN OF CHROMATICA đź’“

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Billboard: Taylor Swift's '1989' debuts with 1.287 Million!

SomethingMore

Featured Posts

• Replies 808
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Morphine Prince

But the thing is that its a likeable album,it was made to please people's ears relate with Taylor's love problems,it being nice pop music!

:shrug:

And sis u know that there are some Pressed souls in here everytime a SuccesFull Popgirl SLAY Mother Monsters and other popgirls with Sales.

:tea:

Well some don't think it's likeable.

The same thing happened with BEYONCE. Everyone starts the comparisons and the Gaga discrediting.

Plus, why would anyone be jelaous? It's not news that Taylor is a great album seller.

JeffSwift

taylor doesn't bring anything new though... she just made one hell of a generic pop album with 0 experimental songs

first of all he's targeting her fans, not gaga. besides y'all need to get a grip and accept critism and stop avoiding it just because this is a gaga fan forum where only positive stuff about her should be posted.. bye

What? 

Her main genre for her entire career was country. Doing an entire pop album is the most experimental thing she's ever done. It could have completely backfired. 

What? 

Her main genre for her entire career was country. Doing an entire pop album is the most experimental thing she's ever done. It could have completely backfired. 

yes, it might have been experimental career change, but nothing about the SONGS were experimental

Red did 500k in one day

and 100k was the difference between the total red sales and the oops record in the first week

britney's wig aint safe, can't wait to see the exhale reaction

SD2IWuv.gif

My Favs = Lady Gaga, Janet Jackson, Ricky Martin, AKB48

Wow I am reading lots of jealousy. 

So am I

it's the harsh truth and the saying "that's showbuisness" is such a correct term.

Like it or not, Taylor Swift is the biggest US female in my eyes. Who ever disagrees is simply deluded, 3 1M+ album debuts makes her some special.

You may not like it, but she's bigger than Gaga, Katy, Beyonce all of them.

SISTERV

i love gaga but this is just delusional 

not really. if she had dropped the album earlier without playing half of it before release, without any competition from Miley, Britney, Katy, or Lorde the album would have slayed. 

all those katy fans buy gaga's records when their fave isn't releasing. just like Gaga fans buy other artist's albums while we are waiting on new Gaga material. 

Bradley

1)It's less not lesser xD.. 2)Of course she has less top 10 hits lol.. The only top tens that Taylor has are LoveStory,you belong with me,Mine,Back to december,Speak now (which wasn't a single),We are never getting back together,begin again,i knew you were trouble,red and shake it off ..10 top ten hits...And her career started in 2006..Gaga has Just Dance,Pokerface,Lovegame,Paparazzi,Bad Romance,Telephone,Alejandro,Born This Way,Judas,The edge of glory,You and I,Applause and Dope(which wasn't a single).13 top ten hits.and her career started in 2008

Oops, thank you for correcting my flop English! Gaga does have more but they are quite in near in numbers btw. I hope Gaga returns with a big storm in her next era.

blahblahblahhhh

There we go.

This just goes to show that the current state of mainstream pop music is ****,

I am sorry, but it was impossible for me to listen to this album, I just couldn't transform into a 12 years old girl.

Not hating on anyone, good for her, but the album is so... I don't even know how to explain it.

Congrats Tay, though!

oh my gosh  :giveup:  :giveup:  :deadbanana:  600K in one day right in this moment when the music industry and record sales are crumbling. She's sooo gonna debut with 1 million + and if she broke britney's record that would be the final slayge and no one can argue about that.

I've been a fan of Taylor since 2007 after tear drops on my guitar and I became a stan at some point but I've been into a couple of other acts lately who I prefer more. I think Taylor's is extremely talented especially with songwriting. If you listen to her earlier work she's truly gifted but her success is mind-blowing!  :eek:

Scarlet Witch

yes, it might have been experimental career change, but nothing about the SONGS were experimental

Why does music HAVE to be experimental? Why can't a pop star write an album about love and songs people can relate to? I mean I love me some Banks and FKA Twigs but that doesn't mean I only want experimental music.

The album is one of the best pop albums released in the last few years so she deserves all of her success, bought my copy today :legend:

I'm sorry but this is a mess. The Taylor-Gaga comparisons are completely imbecile not only because they have nothing to do with each other but also because they approach music in a different way.

Taylor may not drench herself in blood and influence culture but that doesn't mean that she doesn't have an impact. She is the youngest person to have ever won a Grammy Award for Album of the Year and she has a total of seven. She is on track to open for a third consecutive time with 1M+ sales (probably beating the Britney record), making her the first person ever to do so, in this ****ty sales climate. She broke attendance and sell out records with her last two tours and she is the poster girl for the revitalization of the concert industry.

This is impact.

She may not have an incredible Jazz voice, insanely amazing bat-**** crazy outfits or experiment with electronic music but that shouldn't discredit her various talents or merits in any way. Yes, she is "normal" and has incredible success. Shock. Now stfu or get out because this is the exact reason why everybody hates us. And because you're pressed.

who will love me when the night is over

Archived