šŸ’™ HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT šŸ’š

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Billboard: Taylor Swift's '1989' debuts with 1.287 Million!

SomethingMore

Featured Posts

Paper Planes

I don't get some of the mentality of my fellow monsters in here. You don't need to be 'revolutionary' to be a pop star. Taylor does what she does best; writing beautiful simple songs with relatable lyrics. She never changes her style for what's popular at the moment sans 1 or 2 songs.

Ā 

This is a HUGE part of her success; being relatable is a key to listeners' hearts. Plus, her whole awkward/natural persona just renders her likable by most.Ā 

delete it fat

• Replies 808
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I know I should respect other's opinions but this is delusional sis, what were you on when you listened to Prism? :lmao:

Ā 

Okay allow me to elaborate!

Ā 

PRISM:

Roar > Basic mid-tempo poppy song.

Legendary Lovers > Exotic with sweeping chorus.

Birthday > High poppy song.

Unconditionally > Sweeping pop ballad.

Dark Horse > Rap, exotic, high-pitched eletronic.

This Is How We Do > Like Birthday a bit.

International Smile > Generic.

Ghost > A build-up mid-tempo ballad.

Love Me > Dreamy mid-tempo pop song.

This Moment > Generic, a bit like the previous.

Double Rainbow > Haunting, slow, dreamy ballad.

By the Grace of God > Acoustic, beautiful ballad.

Ā 

There's lots of variation, except with 2-3 songs.

Ā 

1989 is more cohesive but only has like 2-3 songs that sound drastically different from the rest of the album (e.g. This Love). With PRISM you have Roar, Legendary Lovers, Unconditionally, Dark Horse, This Is How We Do, Double Rainbow and By the Grace of God which all sound drastically different.

SlaeUrAnus

No surprise there. The girl slays with every album she releases!

Ā 

Mess at all the pressed Gaga stans in here :emma:

Ā 

Keep snatching those weaves Tay.

In my messy era.

Morphine Prince

Pathetic how people assume others are hating on Taylor due to jealousy. Not hard to accept some people genuinely don't like this album. It has nothing to do with Gaga, AT ALL. Go on a Taylor Swift forum if you feel you have to discredit Gaga in order to defend her.

Fiona Apple

Taylor has lesser hit singles than Gaga? I didn't know that.

1)It's less not lesser xD.. 2)Of course she has less top 10 hits lol.. The only top tens that Taylor has are LoveStory,you belong with me,Mine,Back to december,Speak now (which wasn't a single),We are never getting back together,begin again,i knew you were trouble,red and shake it off ..10 top ten hits...And her career started in 2006..Gaga has Just Dance,Pokerface,Lovegame,Paparazzi,Bad Romance,Telephone,Alejandro,Born This Way,Judas,The edge of glory,You and I,Applause and Dope(which wasn't a single).13 top ten hits.and her career started in 2008

600K in ONE day??

Ā 

tumblr_naze1gwkbE1sx3yq0o1_250.gif

Ā 

What kind of utter SLAYAGE? I mean, who does this in 2014?

Ā 

tumblr_naze1gwkbE1sx3yq0o2_250.gif

Ā 

Slaylord, ha effect!Ā 

The Taylor Brigade: KNOCKOUT

Fiona Apple

MESS,at them pressed monsters....... :awkney:

Gaga aint at the Top anymore,just except it......

:shrug:

Also YAAAAAASSSSS TAYLOR SLAY THE OTHER IRRELEVANT POPSTARS WITH AN ALBUM FULL OF HITS!!!!!

:legend:

Beyonce is still the best of the best,tho #Queen

:legend:

And Gaga,sis........

I cant wait 4 your next pop album in 2016/17 ****ing 3/4 years after Ur last record all because of C2C..."

:(

LOL you are pretty delusional..1)1989 have only 1 hit yet lol so you can't really know.. 2)Beyonce even if her albums sell well.haven't had a double platinum song since her I am..sasha fierce era (2008)....At least Gaga had her last double platinum single in ARTPOP (Applause in 2013)

GagaMyBlood95

omg these hardcore Taylor stans ATRL and GGD are a mess right now, The same was when BEYONCE was released. :smh:

Exactly, I remember it well - everyone became Beyonce fans all of a sudden :toofunny:

I will never understand Taylor's success, her music is just not my thing, but you have to respect that slayage.

Ā 

not-mad-amazed.gif

Ā 

This post sums up my thoughts

Ā 

Neither can I, i've started to like her more but she's still not my type of music.

Ā 

I just find it amazing how anyone can pull 1M - 1.4M in a week in 2014Ā  :deadbanana:

Ā 

Just goes to show, the music market isn't dead at all, just music has died in quality and people have sworn allegiance.Ā 

Wow, the mess I've read in 17 pages. :duck:

I actually like 1989 and I am so proud of Taylor for selling this much! I don't get why some people here have to downplay Gaga just to praise Taylor; vice-versa. Taylor is actually amazing in her own ways and Gaga is amazing in her own ways.Ā  :legend:

Ā 

Let's all pray that Gaga would sell this much in her next pop release. Hopefully by then, she would have learn from her mistakes i.e. blackout in the middle of an era and a messy marketing plan.Ā  :lolgaga:Ā Taylor's and Katy's marketing teams should teach Gaga's some things tbh.

Ā 

Anyway, congrats Taylor!!!!Ā  :party:

Ā 

PS: There won't be a new Queen of Pop anytime soon. Let's just not give the title to anyone who is slaying.Ā  :madge:

You can dislike Taylor or not be here for 1989 without being annoying.

Ā 

Same goes for the stans. You can be happy about her and stan hard without being annoying.

The same happened with BEYONCE..Ā  either people that couldn't hide their pressedness, or annoying stans overdoing it :rip:

Fiona Apple

1. 1989 has lots of Single worthy songs that get top 10 atleast! (style,blank Space,Bad blood,I know places....etc) the GP likes them songs.

2. Beyonce has a Career of 15 years and still is at the top and slaying.....she can definitly get another one next time and please singles only promote albums,soooo Album Sales are more importent!

3. Gaga can still SLAY the Lessors like She does if she really reinvents herself. Because we all know that the monsters are Pretty much the only people that buy her albums the GP isnt intrested anymore! and Thats all because of BAD ****ING PROMO!. :giveup:

So Gaga still has it in her But she really Needs to do something New and Something Fast!

Before the GP forgets about her!

:shrug:

1)Yea I really like the album.But it doesn't have hits yet..So it's too early to say 2)Of course album sales are really important..But the only reason her last album slayed is the surpise release..Of course she is successful but she is not as successful as Gaga is even with ARTPOP.. 3)I think that ARTPOP was an AMAZING album .Because despite the TERRIBLE promo, the sales weren't even bad.She sold more than Miley Cyrus or Ariana Grande who are really promoted from the media and the radio. That means that she is doing well.Afterall it was Troy's fault that he didn't promote the album well.BUT she really needs to come with a great album after cheek to cheek if she wants to stay on top .

Archived