💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Taylor Swift's young fans not savvy enough to steal her music

Jed

Featured Posts

Vernier

perhaps they're just more well off than others

I doubt Taylor's fanbase just happens to be richer than all the other pop girls if that what you mean

Frankly my dear, I don't give a damn

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think age isn't the main reasoning behind it, as mentioned prior it's the loyalty behind her fanbase that she's secured that gives her easy and guaranteed sales. She isn't a full pop girl with the flip flop fanbase that love her one moment and then pirates the sh*t out of her discography the next; they had a damn crack team online that was built upon stans and not even the label! Combine that with her wide appeal (as mentioned) and she has a winning combo. 'Bro's', gays, kids, teens, and people of any background can generally listen to her music without the same judgement other singers may bring (remember that study about Gaga being one of the most hidden artists  :emo: ).

LittleBoot

Wide audience? Her success is targeting a narrow audience of conventional young white women, and doing it very well.

She doesn't try for gays, or hipsters, or old people into jazz. Her boyfriend bashing songs don't appeal to guys either.

Taylor is for the high school girls who didn't understand Gaga and bullied her.  Gaga is too weird to "taylor" her songs and image for that demo.

Young white women are probably her primary demographic but she is still able to appeal to a pretty broad age range in general because her brand is very safe. It's not my thing but she can laugh all the way to the bank for all I care. 

So can Gaga, but I don't feel the need to compare the two.

When do teenagers think about their parents money spending habits? :laughga:

Well when their parents aren't affluent they do then....

I wonder how music industry would be different if music just couldn't be downloaded illegally, and how the sales would be affected. Thoughts?

It would be how it was 10 years ago. I mean...

Archived