Die With A Smile Music Video Banner

The Walking Dead Becomes The Most Watched Cable Show Of All Time

Quark

Featured Posts

ryhanna

Merle has a robotic arm. Michon is an African-American samurai (didn't exist). Plus I don't believe anyone would repeat "Garjoolion" after shooting that kid. That was put in PURELY for humour. Not because it was believable (it's not).

Robotic arm? It was a sheet of metal wrapped around his arm, held there by a couple of belts and with a knife pushed through it… it was a practical weapon. And Michonne's just a regular woman with a family, who found a silent weapon in her neighbour's house (the neighbour's kid was a weirdo who collected swords, as explained in the comic) and kept it. She's not even trained in using it. 

As for the quote, um… Yeah, it was for humour. Merle was a villain, but he also served as comic relief every now and then and there isn't anything wrong with that. :spin:

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
CoolTrainerTerry

Merle has a robotic arm. Michon is an African-American samurai (didn't exist). Plus I don't believe anyone would repeat "Garjoolion" after shooting that kid. That was put in PURELY for humour. Not because it was believable (it's not).

One, it's not a robotic arm, it's a prosthetic stump with a knife attached. So he can survive.

Michonne carries a katana because that's what she had to kill Walkers. So she can survive. It doesn't matter if African-American samurai didn't exist. This isn't feudal Japan.

Also, Merle said Garjulio after killing the kid because THAT WAS THE KID'S NAME. Merle is a jackass, it's what he does.

Robotic arm? It was a sheet of metal wrapped around his arm, held there by a couple of belts and with a knife pushed through it… it was a practical weapon. And Michonne's just a regular woman with a family, who found a silent weapon in her neighbour's house (the neighbour's kid was a weirdo who collected swords, as explained in the comic) and kept it. She's not even trained in using it. 

Untrained? But her character is doing traditional stances and lopping off heads with ease. And from interviews:

How did she perfect her skills in order to wield the weapon with apparent ease? Training, training and some additional training. Danai Gurira went through a month of sword training for her new role on "The Walking Dead" as Michonne. “I worked with a sword master  he’s also a stunt man,†Gurira explained. “You just work very intensively. We just worked all the time.
"I am the world's greatest person that does not want to let people into the country."—US President Donald J. Trump

ryhanna

Untrained? But her character is doing traditional stances and lopping off heads with ease. And from interviews:

When I said 'untrained,' I meant with that weapon. Michonne did recreational fencing as a child and again in college, but she never, y'know, did any real katana/samurai/ninja training. She knows how to use a sword, but she's not a samurai. And Danai Gurira had to go through sword training to learn how to properly handle it the way Michonne might. :spin:

When I said 'untrained,' I meant with that weapon. Michonne did recreational fencing as a child and again in college, but she never, y'know, did any real katana/samurai/ninja training. She knows how to use a sword, but she's not a samurai. And Danai Gurira had to go through sword training to learn how to properly handle it the way Michonne might. :spin:

Hmm, well I have a wakizashi and it is hard to use. The blades are thick but narrow (top to bottom), this makes it hard to align it correctly, which means it usually doesn't cut very deep even if it's razor sharp. Take it from me, buy a machete! It's way easier for the untrained person to use, they will do more damage chopping with a machete than with a sword!

img8398d.jpg

"I am the world's greatest person that does not want to let people into the country."—US President Donald J. Trump

ryhanna

Hmm, well I have a wakizashi and it is hard to use. The blades are thick but narrow (top to bottom), this makes it hard to align it correctly, which means it usually doesn't cut very deep even if it's razor sharp. Take it from me, buy a machete! It's way easier for the untrained person to use, they will do more damage chopping with a machete than with a sword!

img8398d.jpg

They look so cool :giveup:

zexion_armando

Totally undeserving.

it gets better with every season.u should  watch it from the begining. :ARTPOP:

Not while season 2 exists...

She does fencing as a hobby in the comic

ryhanna

She does fencing as a hobby in the comic

I mentioned that in a later post. I meant that she's not trained in combat with that weapon, just recreational fencing. :P

I mentioned that in a later post. I meant that she's not trained in combat with that weapon, just recreational fencing. :P

Oh, my bad :flop:

JeffSwift

Ha HSM throne has been stolen

Shame, I loved high school musical 2, it's the best one :rip:

gotta go my own way was such a bop 

Just started watching walking dead myself, so I have a lot of catching up to do. The first few episodes got me hooked, definitely see why this show is so popular. It's zombie horror at its best, like Dawn of the Dead that keeps going and going... :adam:

I didn't start watching until the 3rd season. I managed to get the first 2 seasons from the library and watched them all in a period of 1 week. :yes:

Mars..........or bust!

When will Breaking Bad :legend:

:noparty:

While the ratings are definitely far ahead, the quality of Breaking Bad has yet to be met IMO.

Archived