💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Jessie J absolutely scalped by Drowned in Sound review

Putin

Featured Posts

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The album's good in my opinion. The subject matter isn't any different than many other pop albums that I've heard over the past 4 or 5 years.Jessie's voice separates her from most artists. Sweet Talker, Personal, Burning Up, Fire,  and  Masterpiece are all really good songs IMO

inuborg

The writer of article must be gay/lesbi ... since jessie is a heteros-xual singer.

*formerly bis-xual singer

I root for you. I love you. You, you, you, you.

She's never going to be a big star in the States, so I don't know why she keeps trying. She'll be back to the UK with her tail between her legs real soon, but those comments she made about relocating to the US because they respect her talent more over there (despite the UK being her home and her most successful market) aren't going to be forgotten. I don't know why, like Slant Magazine stated that her record label didn't just tack on some commercial songs onto a re-release of Alive and called it a day, because it would have prevented a lot less embarassment and desperation and would have actually helped sales of an album that had been dead up until that point. There's nothing wrong with an artist never giving up, but the key to actually succeeding with that method is to be effortless about it. The way she's going, Jessie's in line for a Guetta or Pitbull collab to get her some sort of hit and that is not a good thing.

So ****ing true. All of it.

*formerly bis-xual singer

You beat me to it  :teehee:

Desperado

Sounds like ARTPOP viewed by a non-fan.

Threw in an R&B song, a horrible rap song, some ballads, some noisy EDM.

I think the reviewer is anti-pop. If artists outside the mainstream had something some original, catchy, and compelling it would sell. Look at all the random one hit wonders from newbies.

ARTPOP is still a better album 

when i think of jessie j i think of this HILARIOUS statement she made when she broke her leg

"I'm back in the swing, getting my cast off after nine weeks of this awful Smurf shoe. But it's put everything in perspective. I have a different respect now for people who don't have legs."

"Just after I broke my foot, I was in my living room and I put on Beyonce's 'Save The Hero', like, 'If I'm not around, who saves the hero?' and it made me realise, like, I need someone now."

"You give so much as an artist, you give, you give, you give."

"I'll break my foot and I've got fans going, 'I've got a tummy ache, can I get a re-tweet.' People think you go to a special hospital, get special casts and treatment. It's a lie - I'm the same as anyone else. And that was a moment when I had a proper good cry."

STAN for I Am... Sasha Fierce's hidden gem, Save the Hero. YAS heteros-xual queen.

Touch me touch me don't be sweet, got a tummy ache, please retweet

The way she's going, Jessie's in line for a Guetta or Pitbull collab to get her some sort of hit and that is not a good thing.

Been there :rip:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=syxd2n8S4AE

Pure Adrenaline

Could not agree more, Jess just retire already u lost ur touch

It's much more fun to have hizophrenia... u never get lonely

MonsterVSAnimal

I'm the album really THAT bad? I was going to give it a listen but I don't know anymore. :toofloppy:

I'm the album really THAT bad? I was going to give it a listen but I don't know anymore. :toofloppy:

It's not even bad, it's not amazing but I enjoyed it.

The review is way too dramatic.

Archived