Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Jessie J absolutely scalped by Drowned in Sound review

Putin

Featured Posts

codymonster

I don't pay attention to reviews about Gagz, and I won't start with another artist. I don't think Sweet Talker is revolutionary or incredible in any sense of the words, but I think it's a groovy CD that I'm sure I'll listen to in the car a lot. She has an incredible voice, and a lot of the songs on that CD are actually quite good. People are just rude and look to find the negative in everything these days. Which is too bad.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
DrewStevens

I would give it a negative review too but 2/10 is too far. It is a mediocre album but it is at least a 4/10.

angelduuh

So for being commercial she is bad? :flop:

I admit neither this album or Alive top Who You Are... but c'mon, give her a break.

spicemuncher

I unfortunately have to agree with the review. And make no mistake, I was one of her first fans since before Do It Like A Dude was released, but I can't listen to her recent stuff.

Everything she does now just stinks of desperation! I had hope that this album would be good, but it is indeed terrible.

For fun, check her Facebook page. She posted about Bang Bang with an iTunes link to buy the single at least 2-3 times a day. Whoever is managing her or giving her advice is not doing a very good job.

Paper Planes

I gave the album 3/5 stars (http://auralfixationreviews.blogspot.com/2014/10/sweet-talker-jessie-j.html), but I suppose it was a bit generous :laughga: However, this review is a bit over-the-top nonetheless... They have to realize that Jessie J is trying to regain control of the straight community after becoming a recovering bis-xual

delete it fat

Honestly the first thing that crosses through my mind when I hear "Jessie J" is "try-hard" tbh

and I also agree that music these days is no longer music than comercial sounds to attract people so that they would buy it, the music is not good anymore, and I'm sick of everything being about twerk, and **** :sick:

Mess, remember when she was like 'I'm moving to the US because they appreciate me here'.

Not when your album is being mauled by US critics, you can't get a solo hit, and more people are preordering 1989 than buying your new album.

she is gonna be lalone in this world

My Favs = Lady Gaga, Janet Jackson, Ricky Martin, AKB48

when i think of jessie j i think of this HILARIOUS statement she made when she broke her leg"I'm back in the swing, getting my cast off after nine weeks of this awful Smurf shoe. But it's put everything in perspective. I have a different respect now for people who don't have legs.""Just after I broke my foot, I was in my living room and I put on Beyonce's 'Save The Hero', like, 'If I'm not around, who saves the hero?' and it made me realise, like, I need someone now.""You give so much as an artist, you give, you give, you give.""I'll break my foot and I've got fans going, 'I've got a tummy ache, can I get a re-tweet.' People think you go to a special hospital, get special casts and treatment. It's a lie - I'm the same as anyone else. And that was a moment when I had a proper good cry."

:lmao:

The last one :rip:

HighwayGuy

This is exactly the same reaction gaga would get if her next album sounded like the fame again or went back to that theme

And people want her to do that aswell

Redstreak

Ugh, I'm starting to get so bored ofusic reviews. I expect actual professional discussion on a products quality, not something written by a messy ATRL member for the "kiii's"

Take a moment to think of just flexibility, love, and trust~

RAMROD

This is exactly the same reaction gaga would get if her next album sounded like the fame again or went back to that theme

And people want her to do that aswell

These people better be ready. :evil:

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ young, dumb, and full of numb (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

pie-kun

I haven't listened to her album, but this is such a pretentious review. Blah, blah, I hate mainstream music, look how cool I am! The review barely even mentions the album between his rants about Top 40 music and throwing shade at Jessie J that is completely irrelevant to her album. 

Not even a Jessie J fan, I just can't stand music snobs.

Her last two albums shows she musically totally lost it. She is desperately trying to save the ruins of career by making even more commerical ****.  vicious circle

Archived